Everyone has already forgotten about it

>Everyone has already forgotten about it

What happened?

a director well past his prime making boring movies like old directors tend to do

Movie should have been entirely about tom hardy. Every scene with the dogfighting was intense, realistic, and incredibly immersive. I don't give a fuck about some cowardly tommies trying to run away because winston "fatfuck banker" churchill was scared of a much better army.

This entire movie should have been about the british bombers and fighters during ww2. Real bravery there.

It was shit

It was shit

i saw it in imax, never seen a better looking movie

It's like a neutered version of Saving Private Ryan.

Shit movie for white people only desu

Not memey enough for Sup Forums to obsess over it.

There's a reason studios wait until the end of the year to put out their oscarbait, senpai

i havnt still waiting on the HD

It wasn't very memorable even though it was enjoyable to see in theaters, same with Interstellar.
Nolan knows how to make some really entertaining films but hasn't gotten back into making anything with long lasting appeal like The Dark Knight.

All Nolan films are forgettable, you guys memed Dark Knight Rises because it's a forgettable movie.

without doubt the worst movie I've ever seen in theaters, worse than Spielberg's Tintin.

wtf where are the people of color in this image?

is nolan a fucking racist or some shit?

This. Dunkirk is a visceral rollercoaster, respectable for sure but it leaves you with absolutely no food for thought afterwards. No connection. I've been saying this since interstellar and even more so for dunkirk, they're completely forgettanle movies that normalfags and even Sup Forums will completely forget in years to come.

sign me up senppai

>hating TinTin

fuck you

Wonder woman was great

no HDrip yet

For you

>Red tit not understanding why a shit film doesn't get praise even though it's made by their favorite meme director.

Cuz it's shit.

go ahead, just try and rewatch it

It's not on yify yet; wait until it's on DVD and these mouthbreathers and third worlders won't shut the fuck up about it.

Either your a troll or someone who doesn't know anything about history, you're an idiot.

no one cares about white people stories anymore

it was shit

fuck off

It's not capeshit, nor is it a flashy sci-fi film, nor is it saving private ryan 2.0, so most of the people that actually care about Nolan automatically disregarded it.

For what? Faggot.

Well I haven't. Still remember it as a great theater experience.

Nolan is still young as far as directors go. He's not even 50, Scott is 80 and still making movies.

Also if you don't acknowledge that this is by far his best movie you're a fucking idiot.

>boring
How the fuck can it be boring it's basically nonstop action and suspense

it was horrendous, you should watch more films

not trying to argue, just an honest recommendation to improve your life

I found it a very realistic and non-hollywood spin job of a movie based on real events. None of that sit around the fire talking about your girl or life after the war BS. You're tired, exhausted, shit's fucked up, and everyone feels the same way and is just trying to get through it.

"Forty days and a wake up"

Not an argument. I've seen every Nolan film, this is by far his best one. Seems he let loose of all the stuff that marred all his flicks ,and made actual kino for once. Sure, the teenagers who watch his usual convoluted shit to feel smart won't like it, but anyone who actually appreciates filmmaking will tell you this is his best movie.

>get through it
more like run away from it
bane and branagh were not good characters, and they were the only military men to attempt anything else

>How the fuck can it be boring it's basically nonstop action and suspense
there's your problem

saving private ryan was a lot better, and was about americans.

hard to give a fuck about some boats going to pickup some lads on a beach. maybe if you're a brit its a nice national pride story but as an outsider it seems miniscule to the war at large. again probably because it's not my nation

the air combat scenes were great though

>saving private ryan was a lot better, and was about americans
It's not, it's typical dishonest sappy spielberg shit. Spielberg will never make a good patriotic movie because he's not a patriot unlike Nolan.
>m-muh gore
The rest of the movie descends into fantasy after that scene

Yeah, it's nonstop action and no substance. There's nothing more boring than that

It's a shame really, Nolan's a very competent filmmaker but like James Cameron his blockbusters only stay in the public's mind for a year or two before being ignored.

It's a favorite for the oscar what the fuck are you on about

I did say I wasn't going to argue with you.

fuck off Sup Forums I was speechless after I saw it

it doesn't have any rewatch value though
it was a good summer flick

This

Nolans forte is using every tool at his disposal to manipulate your feelings while you are viewing the film itself, but afterwards you realize they are just completely hollow

>no niggers
>no women
>no quips

Dunkirk was like SPR, if Upham was the main character and the movie was 1/3 landing on the beach, 1/3 paradrops, and 1/3 Upham cowering while his friends are horribly killed in hand to hand combat. Then Upham is presented with a medal at the end as patriotic music plays.

>No substance

Nolan has some aversion to showong blood in his films

Are you serious?

Women to this day still flick the bean to Titanic and Terminator 2 is still very much embedded in the collective consciousness.

Should I bother or is it Western propoganda

It sure is, memes aside there is actually a lot to appreciate in nolan. Movies like Memento and The prestige have this meta cinema quality to them, the prestige in particular which has a very clever way of mimicking magic tricks as the movies format. Dunkirk does the complete opposite of this and is completely bare bones, which works against the movie because then you're just left with an almost experimental modernist movie that highlights how poorly his dialogue can be, failing to connect with the viewer.

Theres no politics in it.

Doesn't have to have politics in it if they tell the story inaccurately to demonize one side or the other.

TOTALLY WRONG. Certain things didn't even hit me emotionally til later professing the movie, like George's article in the paper describing how he was a hero. That shit was sad.

Although this thread is pretty rightfully so harsh on the movie, it's still a pretty great viewing experience that will have you engaged for 2 hours like no other.

It is, in fact, anti-western propaganda showing the fatal weakness of the white Englishman. Nolan's refusal to involve the enemy at all reinforces the impression that they're fighting against time and life itself. Their sons are sacrificed just to fix a mistaken incursion into the continent. (empire) You'll love it.

i bet you like fury road too

If you cared about this sort of thing you should stop giving hollywood any attention whatsoever, but you won't.

fury road had a story, don't you start

>how poorly his dialogue can be, failing to connect with the viewer.
Because you are an ultra autist that needs tons of exposition and sapiness so you can enjoy something.
The movie connects with the viewer in the first five minutes after the first gunshots are fired, it takes a grip on you and never lets go. It was a masterclass of tension and completely unique as far as blockbusters and war movies go.

I'm just going to pirate it nugget

he was just an ignorant kid though. his dad is the real hero for giving George's life willingly, when he could have acted differently

Fury Road was kino though

I genuinely feel sorry for everyone who will watch Dunkirk first time on their computer/TV.
One of the best cinema experiences of recent times.

You're an idiot.

i honestly can't think of a single memorable movie since the return of the king. there might be one but nothing is coming to mind, everything coming out lately just seems so forgettable and half assed.

Is that why you made this thread and why you're talking about it now? Because you forgot about it?

A movie release is only 3 weeks long, a movie is only 2 hours long, we can't talk about it every day, it's not a Waifu or mindless serialized soap opera, it's kino. The movie is still fresh, its impact continues to grow, that's how kino works. We don't talk about A Clockwork Orange every day either doesn't mean it's not a masterpiece, means people on this board are shit

But it lets go after 2 hours and then you realize that this movie was just a visceral roller coaster leaving with you at best some very very vague themes about war, sacrifice and your country all of which have been explored endlessly in movies. You sound a little defensive here my fellow genius friend.

Blah blah blah contrarian mouth-waste blah blah blah

What a compelling argument you have there, going by this thread you're contrarian.

nice samefagging

>Clockwork Orange
>Masterpiece

You have to go back

Well first of all that's not me
>going by this thread you're contrarian.
Oh yeah, god forbid I go against the people that think Saving Private Ryan, ROTK and The Prestige are the pinnacle of cinema, I really stepped into some serious shit now.

>i honestly can't think of a single memorable movie since the return of the king
Watch more films you filthy entry level casual

>Dunkirk is a visceral rollercoaster
>Dunkirk is forgettable
pick one. you retards seem to base the term "memorable" on what you can fucking meme into oblivion

Another compelling argument. Can you at least give me a reason other than 'it's modern and unique therefore good' and try and actually address my critiques on the movie. You sound like one of morons who praised the movie for simply not having muh 'american jane from teneshee' tropes.

Sorry I should have clarified with stating it moreover applies to Cameron in regards to Avatar, Titanic was one of the last great blockbusters.

Neither of those things are mutually exclusive you dip. It's engaging but leaves you with no food for thought therefore forgettable, how hard is that to understand?

I'd like to see Nolan leave his comfort zone and make a rated R movie

yes, yes they are. you can't forget something that's visceral. that's the entire reason why people still talk about spr opening battle. it's pure visceral stimulation. it's a gut punch. you're a fucking simpleton

this movie was boring and pointless. it was a really big chore to watch. first movie to make me almost leave the theatre. and yes, it was because i went in not expecting its unconventional style.

this kind of movie should not have been made as a feature film. what he wanted was a re-enactment so he should have made a documentary or docudrama.

what he gave us was unenjoyable, no matter how good you people believe it looked.

like that means anything after the last couple years

>address my critiques
Because they're fucking nonsense. The movie went for a certain type of movie and executed it flawlessly. It accomplished what it set out to do.

The thing with Nolan nowadays is that you're guranteed a good movie. Just not a memorable one.

>what he gave us was unenjoyable, no matter how good you people believe it looked.
well shit now that you've weighed in with your objectively factual opinion, wtf i hate dunkirk now!

Dark Knight Rises was fucking terrible

Still waiting to see it on gomovies.

The word has no indication of quality but rather style, simpleton.

You've missed out on 1/2 the enjoyment, the audio is incredible in a cinema

yeah if it doesn't win all the sound design awards that's stupid

>I don't have to explain myself
We have ourselves a real patrician here.

>muh meta filmmaking
fuck off you twat

considering the amount of times you act like an ad hominem faggot about muh argument, this isn't much of an argument. Nothing wrong with experience movies. They're the only thing keeping the future of filmmaking for theater distribution alive. And the themes aren't really "vague." Pretty well spelled out.
>Dunkirk does the complete opposite of this and is completely bare bones, which works against the movie
No it doesn't. You saying it does isn't an argument.
> then you're just left with an almost experimental modernist movie
Oh no!
>failing to connect with the viewer.
Connected with me just fine. You probably like it when movies use the news to spell out exposition to you too.

It was good. Blade Runner 2049 was better.

All Nolan movies are forgettable

>ITT: We spot the amerifats
I'll start
this is the reason why it wasn't discussed as much as other movies.
Unironically a movie most americans will never understand. People who grew up on spielberg's """patriotic""" flicks and Michael Bay's capeshit-tier propaganda need to have everything spelled out for them, the anthem blasting throughout the movie, quips and and all american chad hero main character beating up the evil nazis.

>inb4 t. britbong
>inb4 salty yuropoors like boring movies

The movie wasn't boring, it might seem so to brainlets who need a main character to follow what's happening. This movie was much more a war simulation than a story driven movie. You're supposed to feel the fear the kids who are in the frontline are feeling, the anxiety of not even being able to see your enemy etc etc.
The problem withtthis movie is that it has no rewatchability value,for that reason, nor does it work outside of a theater

bluray is late december

>nonstop action and suspense

did we watch the same movie

you obviously didn't watch Dunkirk

Why did I go watch it three times in IMAX if it was "unenjoyable"?