Shit from old cartoons that would never fly in today's cartoons

shit from old cartoons that would never fly in today's cartoons.
>a 12 yo smoking an entire cartoon of cigarretes

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AkIdqjPYRbA&t=3s
youtu.be/DQBACR2H7cI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

King of the Hill isn't even that old

Having the entire cast promote smoking though, that shit wouldn't fly

Fox's "adult animation" show get away with shit like this all the time, it's just that they're not nearly as mature about their subject matter as KotH so you get shit like Brian the dog getting a gory on screen death instead of Bobby learning a life lesson.

Also, like the other guy said KotH isn't even that old.

Really? It was a pretty common form of negative reinforcement/punishment where I came from.

user, I too measure my time by dad rock bands and The Simpsons, but even I can admit 20 years is a pretty long time span.

Bigger chance of hell freezing over than ever seeing a cigar in a disney movie again

that was the fucking point of the episode. hank's parenting methods were laughably out of date even before he was born.
nah disney allows smoking and drinking in the movies, for some reason only the movies.

He still let him smoke all those cigaretes.

And shoot a gun, among other shit.

He didn't "let" him. He made him!

>HURR SMOKIN IN CARTOONS!?! CALL THE POLICE!!!
KotH isn't even aimed at kids.

he still made his 12yo smoke all those cigars. What kind of dumb message was this cartoon trying to convey? Just like this user said the concept of this episode was really badly done. Especially for a cartoon as mild as KotH.

>12 year old shooting a gun
Literally nothing wrong with this

>a cartoon of cigarretes
>cartoon

Nigga he never smoked Joe Camel, that would have been scandalous

It was to teach him a lesson though, it could probably fly today.

Nothing wrong with shooting guns.

wasn't the whole episode about how "make you smoke a carton of cigarettes" didn't really work since it made Bobby addicted to them in the first place?

even if you take that out of it, it's a cartoon aimed at adults. Who cares?

START

PUFFIN

BOY

I'LL GIVE YOU A MASSAGE

Literally no one would care.

Season 1 Hank was kind of an asshole huh?

I think this is one of the episodes they aired when KOTH appeared on Fox Kids

Yeah he's practically an entirely different character. He straight up tells Luanne that he doesn't care about her at all.

>People butthurt that cancersticks went out of style

Every time I see these "wouldn't fly today" threads I just know OP is someone under the age of 18 who genuinely doesn't understand the time period of what they're talking about.

It's not a kid's cartoon, they can get away with whatever the particular network will let them get away with. And if Fox ever decided they hate money and decided edgy comedy which quite clearly sells on their network doesn't belong on their network there'd be plenty of someones to subvert them.

I believe the "dumb message the cartoon was trying to convey" was that traditionalism can be juxtaposed against modernism in a way that satirizes them both.

I mean I haven't watched the episode in probably 10 years, but that describes just about every KotH episode.

Why would that not be allowed? Koth is an adult show. Do you really think someone would stop family guy from making a scene like that? Hell, if family guy did it it would've been a cutaway gag of a five year old smoking a carton of cigarettes and then his lungs fall out.

why do insane republicans live in this magical imaginary police state where nothing is allowed?

no one cares if a cartoon shows any of this shit. it's not 1992 ffs.

Hank was just a bad father. That's all that chalked up to be

There was the waitress in the one episode of Dexter. I guess they got away with it because it's just to show how gritty the truck stop was. I think there were other characters smoking.

>Adult cartoon does something that an adult cartoon would do
Truly unthinkable

Republicans would likely be more in favor of showing a kid to shoot than the other side though.

They mentioned cigarettes casually on Liv and Maddie, a Disney Channel show that started in 2013. They aren't totally taboo for kids.

There's another show where two girls discussed their first period for like 10 seconds, and another where someone mentioned wanting to sleep at her friends house because "one of my dads is being annoying."

>mfw there's a new GOAT KOTH YTP

youtube.com/watch?v=AkIdqjPYRbA&t=3s

This desu.

Exactly. And this is something some parents actually did to discourage their kids from smoking. Probably not anymore because for one it doesn't work (even if you get so sick you can't stand the sight of a cigarette, you're still chemically addicted), and for two a carton of cigarettes will run you $40-$80 depending on where you live.

Is this scene better than the whole KotH episode?
youtu.be/DQBACR2H7cI

> suddenly talking in ebonics after being covered in black substance, burnt or something blows up in their face