Netflix

So how are the cartoons on Netflix?

Is there some kind of Sup Forums recommends chart for Netflix?

Other urls found in this thread:

torrentfreak.com/netflix-cracks-down-on-vpn-and-proxy-pirates-150103/
torrentfreak.com/netflix-announces-crackdown-on-vpn-and-proxy-pirates-160114/
torrentfreak.com/vpn-providers-condemn-netflix-blocking-crackdown-160118/
torrentfreak.com/huge-billboard-protests-vpn-blocking-at-netflix-hq-160526/
phys.org/news/2016-07-netflix-campaign-block-vpn-resulted.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_issues_and_controversies_surrounding_Netflix
stallman.org/netflix.html
dailymotion.com/video/x2isb5b
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I tried starting making one once, but it really wasn't worth the effort considering they change their stock regularly and selection varies according to country.

Content-wise or exclusives-wise?

As far as exclusives go, Trollhunters and Voltron are pretty good. Haven't checked out any others though.

exclusives

also about that free month

do all I have to do is enter an email and password?

I was thinking about maintaining it with Prepaid cards from gamestop or so

Voltron, BoJack Horseman, Puffin Rock, and The Long Long Holiday are my favorites on there right now.

stupid question but does it have much of a selection in Anime?

I know it has Knights of Sidona and a dub of Smile Pretty Cure

I heard Ajin was good, if you don't mind CG anime.

Bojack Horseman is great.

Voltron is surprisingly fairly good. Just stay away from the toxic tumblr fanbase.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars (only season 6 is Netflix exclusive) but the entire thing is up there and worth watching

I believe Dreamworks Dragons (Seasons 3-5 are Netflix exclusives) and Trollhunters are good too but I haven't watched them yet.

I've also seen Ever After High. That was fun but not memorable. It's a quick binge though. I wouldn't prioritize it but it's a fun boredom buster.

7 deadly sins

I'm waiting for little witch tv show to appear

Miraculous Ladybug is now an exclusive in Netflix US. Make of that whatever you will

Wait its not on Nickelodeon anymore?

Last time I checked, all they had up was the Christmas special.

You must not have checked in a few days.

Yet another show abandoned by Nick for not being as instantly successful as the sponge

thank god netflix rescued it

Nope. Turns out creators don't like getting screwed on the short end of the stick.

They pulled the license cause Nick kept screwing it over.

Season 2 is going to be released on Netflix in 2 13 episode batches. The first is coming summer 2017.

Yep,

just like how Pokemon will no longer air on Cartoon Network or Boomerang because CN keeps screwing it over in favor of Teen Titans Go (anyone have that image of CN-tan watching TTG while someone takes Pokemon saying "I guess you won't mind if I take this")

That or Warner Bros is pissed they lost the bidding war for the rights to a Live Action Pokemon movie to Legacy, so I guess they decided for some reason to get rid of a cash cow because they're sore losers

I'm mostly a fan of the action cartoons they have there (Voltron, Trollhunters, Kulipari). They're all flawed, but overall pretty good to watch.

The only comedies I've watched are Bojack Horseman (which is terrific) and All Hail King Julien (which is more amusing than you'd expect out of a Madagascar spinoff). I haven't seen the rest, but I did like the art style for Peabody and Sherman.

I got ya

Thank god its a french cartoon and not an american cartoon or else the show would be cancelled.

How the fuck does a literally-who production company like Zag have this much control over who gets to air their crappy show?

A Monster in Paris and The Little Prince are both great animated movies on Netflix.

I gave Trollhunters a try, I've found it dull compared to Voltron but I hear it picks up. It's a shame about the VA of the main kid.

because Jeremy Zag clearly knows more about licensing rights and merchandising rights than the people who run Nick

then again that really isn't saying much

They delayed in the US, the theory is that they're going to wait until all episodes are out.

So is it me or is Netflix kinda becoming a haven for foreign shows in the US?

Like it just seems way more convenient for any non-American cartoon to go to Netflix rather than trying to deal with the literally retarded people at CN or Nick

Like besides a few animes have the networks imported anything lately?

Was it a partial escape?
I know Dragons didn't get to take the Cartoon Network episodes with them when they left to Netflix.

nah the whole first season of Miraculous went up on Netflix on Friday

I'm not even sure if Nick ever got around to showing the entire first season

Yeah I remember reading an article about little witch supposedly airing as it aired in Japan like Toonami did with Space Dandy

But since it hasn't happened yet I figured they wanted to drop the whole series all at once on us

the Mr. Peabody and Sherman Show is a must watch

You aren't the only one

and no I don't think they've imported at all other than a rare Austriaian show on Nick

The only anime currently airing on either Network is Arc-V on Nicktoons

I still count Adult Swim as part of CN even though I know they are technically separate, they still share the same channel, but even then its a few animes and generally only the most popular and mainstream ones, Toonami basically shows animes that most fans watched 6 months to a year ago

>there are people who still don't have Netflix

Literally what. Do you still have cable or something?

Directv

Didn't realy have much interest for a while

hows the dub of that? Any VAs I'll recognize?

no clue, I just watch the French dub because I'm a Frankophile

although I hear Miraculous was added to Netflix in English only for some reason

Half the cast is on MLP.

so it's a Canadian dub, not a lot of people I'll really recognize until it's pointed out to me

Canada has great voice actors you cant deny that.

Bojack Horseman is the one I've watched and it's REALLY good. I think F is for Family was made by the same people but I wouldn't know because I haven't seen it. Looks very similar though.

> Good
F is for Family, Voltron, All Hail King Julien, Puffin Rock

> Decent
EAH, H20, Dinotrux, Kulipari

> Bad

King Kong, Skylanders

> Oh god why

Tarzan and Jane.

>Tarzan and Jane

explain please

Was that that old show that aired on Toon Disney or is it a newer Disney show?

Voltron A+

It's a new show and it's fucking terrible. At least in King Kong the villains are waifu/husbando tier, T&J have all the flaws PLUS terrible animation and designs so you can't even watch for that.

Also Tarzan has animal magic because ???

Just looked it up

Well...at least it's not the Disney movie, but then again doesn't Disney no longer have the rights to it? I just remember it never showing up again in Kingdom Hearts

Not really. Their selection has shrunk considerably. It has mostly Aniplex shows (namely TTGL, KLK, Madoka & movies, Fate/Stay Night, and the 2nd Persona 3 movie), the usual long runners (HxH, Bleach), Pokemon, and some of Funimation's best sellers from the past few years (Soul Eater, Rosario + Vampire)

>Bleach

Does that at least have english versions of the omakes and previews that were absent from toonami?

Been looking everywhere for the dub of 201's omake

Also, the 2nd Persona 3 movie? I'm guessing they decided not to dub it huh?

Believe it or not, Ladybug has been super popular. It's expected to be one of the top properties for kids this year. Nick was probably upset they don't get a bigger cut

that or maybe it's just biased against girls shows

still Nick and CN need to get their shit together

This is the time I've ever seen the H2O cartoon mention on this board.

They do. I started with the French dub and I'm still surprised with how well the English turned out.

Samurai Flamenco was on there last I checked. You'll either love the show or hate it but for me it was a fucking 10/10 wild ride.

Gumball's French, is it not?

But most of the current cartoon network shows are not available on Netflix

Still waiting on that second series of Thunderbirds

I like it up till the transition out of Kamen Rider style and going into Sentai. I felt it kinda fell apart on that.

Flamengers was definitely the low point of the series but I feel that it really picks up the slack with the Watchmen/Revengeance/Ayyvangelion Lagann arcs, and the final arc was really solid except for the gay stuff, which was out of nowhere.

Exclusives wise only bojack, troll hunters or voltron are worth any time, and those are only 7/10 or so at best.

Everything else is uninspired franchise cash ins by people who scooped up cheap lisences, or dreamworks movie tie ins.

Aldnoah Zero, Magi, Gurren Lagann and Gargantia are all on there.
Hulu has a much bigger anime selection. Not sure how the 2 compare for Western cartoons, but Hulu is probably better there too.

That was just lampooning the "power of" bit from various shows.

I mean when a dude rather date a phone afterwards. Harsh.

Home is also pretty solid.

>There are people without credit or debit cards on Sup Forums
sometimes I forget this is a site for 13 year olds

God I wish Netflix was good like the US. We got shit all for selection here in the AUS.

help.netflix.com/en/titlerequest

Tell them what you want.

I just cancelled my account cause I couldn't find anything interesting to watch. I'll probably restart it for Iron Fist but put it down again right after

Although all completely different, I thoroughly recommend BoJack Horseman, Puffin Rock, and Trollhunters.

Anyone who supports Netflix should read this:
torrentfreak.com/netflix-cracks-down-on-vpn-and-proxy-pirates-150103/
torrentfreak.com/netflix-announces-crackdown-on-vpn-and-proxy-pirates-160114/
torrentfreak.com/vpn-providers-condemn-netflix-blocking-crackdown-160118/
torrentfreak.com/huge-billboard-protests-vpn-blocking-at-netflix-hq-160526/
More sources?
phys.org/news/2016-07-netflix-campaign-block-vpn-resulted.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_issues_and_controversies_surrounding_Netflix

t. the guy who lives in Serbia

NOO! NOT THAT GEO-BLOCKING FIRST-WORLDIST SITE!

So? They don't want to lose their contracts for the stuff they show.

>Using Netflix
stallman.org/netflix.html

>slavshit living in crippling poverty defending piracy
wew what a surprise

Get out of here Sup Forums

I know what. I promised I'll kill the president and destroy the parliament. What this country needs is absolutism!

>im feline more generous than usual
I didn't know Commie was making subs for Netflix

*you

Skylanders and Mr.Peabody are the only ones i follow, they're pretty good, Skylanders surprised me. There's a big difference in budget compared to 3D TV Shows, Skylanders is pretty good looking. Mr.Peabody is choppy but sharp and creative, looks exactly like old CN shows

They just added the new Cyborg 009 show

their contracts are shit and first-worldist

And? Stop living in the middle of nowhere.

I didn't know Russian gulags even got internet

not Russian tho. But the nation that caused WW1 with the help of a furry angel.

I haven't seen much of the animated stuff on Netflix, but All Hail King Julien is great as well as Trollhunters, Bojack Horseman and Voltron. But that's all I've seen.

Disney never had the rights to Tarzan.

No.

>the nation that caused WW1
All that will be Russian sooner or later

I still don't understand why I would even want Netflix. I mean it's fine if you want to support the platform but it's hardly necessary.

In short, trash.
No, Voiltron, D-

Fuck off fujos.
Both are garbage.
No.

When Netflix was alone on the market I was really tempted, but my computer was a piece of shit that could barely manage 2 tabs and a youtube tab, so I never bothered trying to see if it could even handle Netflix.

Now everyone wants a piece of the streaming pie and as a result, Netflix has a paltry catalog in my country. I'd have to sign up to, and pay for, ~5 different platforms to get access to what I want. Fuckno if I want to do that. Streaming is supposed to be a hassle free alternative to piracy.

Only reason I'm still paying for cable is moral justification for pirating what I want, since a part of the cable bill is royalties.

>Living in a third world shithole
Thus is entirely on you

Fine, what do you consider entertainment?

You've got F!

It's your fault, Sorosian!

>Living in a craphole
Wow, it's nothing.jpg

t.tms

How will you fix it?

By not living in a craphole.

The creator's British I think.

You heard wrong.

Actual, unusual for Netflix, it has like five different language options. You're probably thinking of Wakfu, when that was first added only the English dub was available for some stupid reason but it was sorted out within like a week.

dailymotion.com/video/x2isb5b
To be fare they are doing something with Netflix.

Hell even Ankama brought Wakfu S1, and S2 to Netflix. Plus they're going to bring in S3 as well.

Sup Forums pls

Voltron and Home: Adventures of Time and Oh are my favorite netflix exclusives. I'm hoping that Las Leyendas turns out decent too.

Is that from that Ladybug show? I tried a few episodes and couldn't get into it. My sisters seem to love it though lol.

For Skylanders, I think most of the cast is kind of boring, but the writing makes up for it. Was Kaos that much of a creepy manchild in the games? From what I understand, this is sort of like a prequel to the games? My brother likes the games, and he mentioned being confused when he first saw Eon because "his beard didn't look like that."