Mark Hamill says he fundamentally disagrees with every aspect of Luke Skywalkers character in TLJ and was insulted by...

>Mark Hamill says he fundamentally disagrees with every aspect of Luke Skywalkers character in TLJ and was insulted by the way the character was treated
>Hamill also says Luke doesn't even fight in TLJ
>Hamill had to make up his own backstory for what happened since the film doesn't give one to Luke

why is anyone excited about this shit again

Other urls found in this thread:

comicbook.com/starwars/2017/11/04/star-wars-the-last-jedi-mark-hamill-luke-insulted/
ew.com/tv/2017/07/19/john-boyega-slams-game-thrones-lack-diversity/
youtube.com/watch?v=P3gf6qyAHOw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

source?
i honestly feel like boycotting disney at this point desu

>acting in a film you don't support or care for
So no integrity and a bitter has been?

The backstory is Adam Driver trashed his dojo so he hid on an island and read 6 books for thirty years.

I need a source.

I can totally see this happening.

comicbook.com/starwars/2017/11/04/star-wars-the-last-jedi-mark-hamill-luke-insulted/

>"In this new one, I was saying to Rian Johnson: I need to know my backstory," Hamill noted. "It was kind of unclear. You read where he is now and what he's doing now and sort of have to fill in the blanks for yourself. So I did do a backstory myself. It's not about Luke anymore, so it's not really important. But I had to make sense of it for myself."

Him not fighting was at one of those star wars shows on youtube somewhere

>70% cut of ticket sales
this is just a whole new level of evil

Fuck Disney tbqh

Here's a tip about Hamill-- to this day, Kathleen Kennedy regrets casting him as luke since he'''s an awful fuckign actor and they tried to do it on the cheap so they could afford harrison ford and all the special effects and had no idea it would be as big as it was.

>says Luke doesn't even fight in TLJ
fucker would still be living in a trailer park if they hadn't brought him back for a payday. Thanks for giving away plot info you shitbag.

>had no idea it would be as big as it was
>disney star wars

you are full of shit you know how much Disney fucking paid for it, plus Hamills easily a better actor than finn and rey

hey kathleen

>everyone should just crawl on the flooor for money
fucking 21th century """"""people""""""""""

>getting a cushy acting job in one of the most famous franchises in the world is crawling on the floor
Don't you guys worship the working class like little girls?

douche bag, the ORIGINAL STAR WARS they tried to get the lead (hamill) on the cheap so they could afford harrison ford. This was in 1978 or 980, whatever, before it became a multi-culti shitfest. But YES, Kennedy despises him and is sorry she ever cast him.

But I despise the negro John Ugga-booga even more after reading him complain that Game of Thrones was "too White." Maybe it was LOTR. I think it was because I don't even like GOT. I think he was complaining LOTR was too White.

I'd say he's contractually obligated and it be really damaging for him to back out.

He probably thought going back to his old character would be great until he read the script, by then it would have been too late.

>Kennedy despises him
Prove it you raging autist

more like the only loyal cast member to the vision we all fell in love with

these new disney movies are an insult and are nothing but shameless commercial crap with absolutely no artistic value whatsoever - the story is complete shit along with everything else about it

>everyone should just crawl on the flooor for money
No but you are brought back when you aren't even really needed just to coax back old fans (who all hated it anyway) and then complain that you have "no back story?" Sorry mark, the writers only had Disney's biggest project ever on their asses, sorry couldn't write you a personal novel so you could "get into character" for your 30 lines..

>too White
I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but this just bugs me so much. Black people don't give a shit about fantasy stuff, or else they would just make it themselves, he's just butthurt because other people aren't doing the work for black people.

And? Kennedy is by far the biggest cancer on SW, much worse than anybody at Disney could hope to be. Franchise will be much better off once she kicks it.

Why do people pretend that TFA was bad?

>Prove it
sure, it's what, 0220 in Malibu right now? She's not on set in Uk until Feb, let me get her on the phone for you...

It wasn't, but it wasn't good either. The real question is, why do people pretend 7 is better than Rogue One?

It's because of RLM.

his dad works for nintendo, they also hired hamill before ford and had him do a chemistry test with Kurt Russell for Han so he is full of shit

it was worse than the new clone wars show and attack of the clones put together
I would rather watch anakin's sand speech a thousand times than watch TFA again even once

no, that's putting it too lightly

TFA is possibly the worse movie ever made

>. Black people don't give a shit about fantasy stuff, or else they would just make it themselves, he's just butthurt because other people aren't doing the work for black people.

"Star Wars actor John Boyega is calling out fantasy favorites Game of Thrones and The Lord of the Rings for a lack of diversity.

“There are no black people on Game of Thrones. You don’t see one black person in Lord of the Rings,” Boyega said in a recent interview with GQ. “I ain’t paying money to always see one type of person on-screen. Because you see different people from different backgrounds, different cultures, every day. Even if you’re a racist, you have to live with that. We can ruffle up some feathers.”

Boyega previously commented on diversity in pop culture after the first teaser for Star Wars: The Force Awakens came out and opened with him taking his Stormtrooper helmet off. Some fans of the franchise protested the casting choice, and Boyega responded by calling these reactions “unnecessary” and told detractors to “get used to it.”

ew.com/tv/2017/07/19/john-boyega-slams-game-thrones-lack-diversity/

TNB

fuck Rouge One was far better than TFA because it was an original story but fitted in with the timeline, instead of just being a rehashed Episode 4

>somehow hamill hasnt been making bank for voicing the joker in the bamham games according to this user

I mean sure it isnt star wars money, but nigga wasnt living in the gutter

no, rogue one was just as bad as TFA

this girl says it perfectly
youtube.com/watch?v=P3gf6qyAHOw

They could just replace him with CGI like they did Leila and Tarkin.

>his dad works for nintendo
is that really the best you can do? Because you are a fucking loser in life, everyone else, by necessity, must also be? Is this the part where I'm meant to say "I'l prove to you..." and show you a picture of me on set with x? I don't give a fuck. The story stands, it came right from kennedy. instead of "nintendo," just insert "disney."

Has anyone ever been so far as to decide what do more like?

sorry retard already proven yourself wrong

I feel bad for him. Actually if they kill Luke I will be happy for Hamill that really seem in pain into be involved in this complete garbage of a movie with these cancerous Disney people.

Let's be honest, Star Wars is a shitty franchise that falls apart if you have an IQ higher than a walnut but for some reason I've yet to understand, it's more or less the most popular film series of all time.

Lucas is/was/and forever will be a hack

Who gives a fuck what a producer has to say? They are literally the soulless money-machines neccessary to shit out movies

because ever since phantom menace the only way to really be a star wars fan is to criticize it and call it bad

>but nigga wasnt living in the gutter
user, what do you think a cartoon voice pays? How do you think his ass felt when he was given biggest opportunity on earth, he fucking blew it, and had to watch harrison ford collecting and crashing his WW 2 vintage planes?

He has every reason to be bitter, obviously, but then he wants the writers to fucking write him his very own back story? Both the ogga-booga and the girl got payed SCALE. He got..well, let's just say more than that. for not much. No one is ever satisfied.

oh no that shithead who is ruining star wars hates mark hamill!

no, the first three were pretty awesome - and sequels would have been good if he'd just kept it up

instead we got the stupid re-edits (thankfully I have copies of the theatrical versions) and of course the prequels

I hate that he started that trend of prequels, I just want to see the story continue
leave backstory to the expanded universe books and comics - movies should keep moving forward

>mfw he's more excited and willing to shill unprovoked for a long delayed game than he is Star Wars all because he liked working with the director

>doesn't give actor the proper motivation behind his character
>he's a fucking awful actor
yeah no

>Who gives a fuck what a producer has to say?
Because she's Speilberg's # 2 and was deeply involved in cating that original 3 and figuring out the budget and who and what they could afford. Which is why she still regrets compromising on hamill. You don't have to believe me, the fact that he never got another major part again proves me correct. Look at Ford's career after the first 3 SW/

The blandest one, sure.

Harrison Ford was a literal who at the time dick cheese. Let's not be making stuff up for (you)s now

defensive prequelbabbies can't reconcile that they grew up loving the worst Star Wars trilogy with their positive memories of seeing the movies in theaters with Dad, plus irrational hatred of le evul Disney jews ruining muh star wars and George's autistic vision leads them to hyperbole

Rogue One's characters are all flat as fuck, the first hour of the movie jumps from planet to planet for no reason, and CGI Leia and Tarkin plus the other assorted fanservice was worse than anything in TFA. The only thing the movie has going for it are some good action scenes.

this

luke is the only reason why i'm going to watch least jedi

Honestly if it wasn’t for Hamill I wouldn’t bother going to see TLJ.

filming a single blade of grass for two and a half hours would have been a better movie
>without a soundtrack

NO FUCK YOU MARK HAMILL IS TERRIBLE KATHLEEN HATES HIM HE CANT ACT WATCH IT FOR REY FINN AND PORGS

Are you saying that we should think that's a good thing or a bad thing? I'm not sure what you're trying to convey here.

This is truly what most directors and creators in these big franchises don't get.
They made it up as they go along and they don't fill the gaps, while actore really nueed to know the gaps to act accordingly.

You cant emote properly the relationships with your new pupil if you don't know if you have ever had pupils in the last 30 years and how it went with them

They're very okay at best once you're mentally older than 12.

Hamil is a great voice actor tho

But the point is he can't replace money with CGI.

Okay dick cheese.

speaking as someone mentally older than 12 I can say you're wrong

>Disney killed carrie fischer and they would have done the same to hamill if he didn't play ball

He's been publicly pissed off about the sequel trilogy since day one. He said he was happier with his voicework career. In an interview he said he and Carrie were hoping Ford would refuse so they'd have an excuse not to do the new movies. He told people not to get their hopes up about Luke during promotion for the film. He shat on the script of TFA as soon as it came out. He's now legitimately angry at Disney's fucking up the character he's playing. I bet he blames Disney for Carrie's death as well, the coroner's report said he had cocaine, heroin, and ecstasy in her system when she died, bringing a former addict back into an environment with unfettered access to drugs is what killed her.

Thanks Disney!

hamill is the one that played ball the least

You fucking dumbass theyre talking about the original films. No fucking wonder these new shit films get good reviews with cuntflaps like you watching.

That's what a person with an 11 year old mentality would think.

the prequels are easier to watch than the ot just for all the memes and unintentional comedy stuff

anyone who says Rogue One is a good movie needs to watch this

>dick cheese
is that meant to covney to me you're some sort of insider, or are you just White trash who hasn't left his house in 40 fucking years? Last time I heard that insult was in film "Platoon" you retard. The film was always imagined as a 3 episode package (unless first one tanked very badly).

I may not like Spielberg personally but he has shown an ability to spot talent (save for kate capeshaw, where he threw her in so he could bang her, which kennedy also insinuates she knows was a mistake, but that didn't matter since she was gone after 1).

KK knew Hamill was an awful actor and said as much, and knew it going in but they could not afford anyone better and they wanted the money for special effects. Take it as it is. Far out man.

>A new hope storyline
>mary rey
>A FUCKING ORANGE

>Hamill also says Luke doesn't even fight in TLJ
why the fuck would anyone want him to fight? you realise how fucking awkward that would be right? and how it sure as shit does not fit his arc in this trilogy?

It's still a stupid as fuck argument.

>Ford, a new actor is who they were budgeting around!
>Not fucking Alec Guinness or Peter Cushing, those were just some old dudes or something.

Who else here hates what Star Wars became? Will you be seeing TLJ?

>He's now legitimately angry at Disney's fucking up the character he's playing.
Wait until you've seen the flick. Also, what backstory did we have on Ben Kenobi in a new hope? He was just an old drifter living in a sandcave.

>I bet he blames Disney for Carrie's death as well, the coroner's report said he had cocaine, heroin, and ecstasy in her system when she died, bringing a former addict back into an environment with unfettered access to drugs is what killed her.
>Thanks Disney!
That would be silly, Disney didn't buy her drugs. I'm sure Mark is smarter than that.

The Force Awakens was just average, it's not terrible. But I only saw it because of the novelty of a new Star Wars coming out, I'm not seeing the others. The behind the scenes shit just confirms my decision.

Nobody cares about Luke. They should just kill him off already in this one. Star Wars is all about my girl Rey, her love interest Finn, and the heir apparent to Darth Vader, Kyle Ren.

It sucks because SW was a big part of my childhood. Fuck Disney.

I'm a pretty tolerant fuck, particularly around these parts but this stuff bothers me. Game of Thrones does have a couple black folks about, and they're actually in prominent rolls in the mother burgers storyline. I get the guy wants to bitch, and he probably wants to be black jon snu but European style fantasy is going to have a lot of white characters.

me. and no.

Yet people love Luke Skywalker and Mark Hamill, piss off kennedy

The last good piece of SW media was Genndy's Clone Wars. Everything else has been trash. I have had zero hopes since they retconned that before the third movie was even out (a month later), and then started paving over it completely with the terrible CGI movie and the two whole fucking CGI TV shows they made. TFA was trash, and I knew it would be from the start because of Abrams. Rogue One was trash because they couldn't figure out what the fuck the story was supposed to be about and we were meant to care for an ensemble cast of characters of 13 morally dubious characters in a single film. Tarantino couldn't pull it off, fucking Gareth Edwards wasn't about to do it. TLJ was slightly intriguing to me until Disney put the Porgs upfront and center, and Hamill started openly trashing it on Twitter and at that Disney Q&A on stage like five months back. He only walked back those statements because Disney made him. He's probably begging that they kill him off in the next one so that he doesn't have to touch the franchise ever again.

Save LOTR box set mate bc it ain't getting any better. EVERY film from now on going to be "multi-culti." Also, thank christ disney made weisntein sell LOTR or he would have multi-ultied up the first 3.

cause it was just a shitty reboot of 4

>his role in this new trilogy

So Yoda 2? I love rehashing too

what if this is actually true.

Maybe one late night when it reaches netflix like I did TFA. It's a big movie for just about everyones childhood, why does TFA change that? Cynicism aside of reboots, the movie isn't even close to as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

>That would be silly, Disney didn't buy her drugs

If you're the "insider guy", this naivity confirms that you have never worked on a set before.
What do you thnk assistants do on set?

>started paving over it completely with the terrible CGI movie and the two whole fucking CGI TV shows they made
In all fairness, the later part of TCW CGI cartoon is pretty decent. Rebels is garbage though.

Fuck no. I only went to see R1, because my friends wanted to. I didn't see TFA in theaters and I won't go see TLJ.

I haven't seen LOTR trilogy since I was a kid, would you recommend a viewing as an adult?

Also:
>Go to my local mall
>Went past a shoe store
>The window has "THE FORCE IS FEMALE" on it
And that's when Star Wars became irredeemable to me. The series never had a problem with female characters, it's a cheap marketing gimmick to get girls to like Star Wars because they spend a lot of money.

Disney doesn't care. All they care about is thinly-veiled social agendas disguised as entertainment.

i knew they would fuck it up, actually the only way to NOT fuck luke up is to make him a jedi master running a jedi academy and training his son anakin skywalker as his successor, who will be the new main character

everything else is HORSE SHIT

i liked the originals, loved the prequels (even though they were objectively worse) and was fascinated by the EU

then everything changed when disney attacked

Alec didn't know what the fuck he was meant to be doing either, and that is unsurprisingly one of the main reasons he hated the movie. Guinness was competent in his role, but he wasn't showing off any amazing acting chops because he didn't give a shit and was being led around ineffectively by a retard behind the camera. Everyone seems to forget that SW was a movie made in editing, not on the set. This isn't even a meme RLM opinion either, they did a whole fucking documentary on this back before RLM was even a thing. They went into what a disaster they expected it to be and how the editors effectively saved George's abortion and he fell back into success.

>It's a big movie for just about everyones childhood, why does TFA change that?
TFA marked the beginning of the end for Star Wars. Everything since it came out has been awful. I liked it when Star Wars was cool to hate. "Cool" Star Wars is shit.

no, that whole series is garbage and you damn well know it

here's what's canon:
-orig trig
-genndy's clone wars
-your choice of expanded universe books/comics/video games

there - I just saved your imagination

proof plz.

Good morning, Disney shill.

>I'm a pretty tolerant fuck
See, I'm not. I really despise him for that. Can we go back and fuckign create an african written language and literature for them? Does he really think hollywood is "racist?" I have friends who have votes in the academy, and many, many people were pissed over the entire #oscarssowhite bullshit and they just pulled out of the entire thing entirely. The "prestige" of oscars is now gone, people don't work for "oscars," either going to TV or big name franchises, cape or otherwise.

Example-- when Mel Gibson made the film "Apocalyptico," it was all actors from the tribe that composed the Aztecs speaking their language. would I have wanted to see a White or a Japanese in there for purposes of "diversity?"

LOTR was a Celtic Mythology tory. Tolkien was an expert in Nordic myth and languages. How the hell can this idiot boogadya expect them to just throw an african in there? They're going to destroy the entire industry.

And, to be honest I'd be cheering for it if I didn't work in it.

What is he doing?