Why can't DC simply do this?

Why can't DC simply do this?
The costumes don't look so dark and ugly now. That will effect the plot and the mood.

If they want to compete with the MCU you have to start from the costume designs

It's that sympol

Thought"

You're not inherently wrong, but I don't want to agree with you out of principle.

MCU costumes are shit and DCEU costume are way better.

shut up bitch

Batman is still awful.
Burtonsuit is the only good-looking batsuit in the cinema.

DC/WB is trash and will never change

>Burtonsuit is the only good-looking batsuit in the cinema.
Nah. Burton Bat suit was garbage. BvS Batfleck is the only Batman that actually looks like Batman.

>blue and grey btasuit
It's too good for live action.
Too pure.

It looks like a shitty cosplay made out of garbage bags and old woman's dirty rags. It looks like absolute trash.
>M-MUH COMIC ACCURACY
Fuck off. Some things don't translate to live-action.

>remembering I'm supposed to take Ben Affleck seriously as Bruce Wayne

Looks gorgeous and you are a retard. Burton Batsuit looks cheap like it was spray with dime store spraypaint, plus it has a square fucking head. Looks like a kid made it.
He looks and acted way more like Bruce Wayne than any other Batman.

lol no

Actually Bale is the best Bruce, because he's basically just being Patrick Bateman and that's exactly what the Bruce Wayne persona would be in real life.

Shit Batman though.

>Why can't DC simply do this?
Because Snyder. why is it so hard for DCucks to realize he is a shitty hack who is ruining the DCEU. I mean he does not like Capeshit and prefers edgy grimdark stuff full of violence and sex.

as much as I loved the suit in BvS the nose kinda ruins it. the one in Justice League looks really fucking good though.

>Looks gorgeous
Nah, you are the one who's retarded. Get better eyes.

>trying to draw even more attention to Superman's inordinate package

That guys eyes fucking suck
Everyone point at his eyes and laugh!

I always laugh when i see this pic. And Chris Evans is a good looking guy and all but there is just something odd about the helmet.

>armored Batman is okay
>undie-less Superman is not

You "comic accurate" whiners are the worst.

its the lack of ear holes. that and the kind of embarrassed look on his face.

The design and the details on each costume is lightyears ahead of the MCU, the bad thing is that they're completely lost with all the filters that they add to make it look dark and gritty

Maybe the casuals are more desensitized to armored batman because of Arkham games.

Few things about Batman's suit there:
>Cowl
Looking good. Ears are fixed and white eyes are always good
>Blue
Im sorry but blue only works on the page. Black usually is the better choice for Bats
>That logo
Timeless, but for this suit I think the Rebirth logo is the way to go. Its a good mix of old and new

Sorry, but "how dark/vibrant should my superhero costume be" is among the nerdiest possible considerations for anything (much less popularity). And nerdy in the worst possible way.

Not to disparage a good color scheme, but I think they need to worry about actual direction before they worry about art direction.

The costumes aren't bad at all, but the photography of Snyder's movies makes them look bad.

The Batman costume is good, but Affleck's face under the mask is goofy and his body makes his Batman look like a fat uncle.

Superman's and Wonder Woman's costumes could use brighter colors, but that's it. They are otherwise the best looking live-action costumes.

Lol, yes.
How does it feel being blind? BvS Batman is Majestic. A lion in a sea of average men.

Colors are for faggots, user.

Sucks we had to waste this costume on a shitty movie.

so has anyone called out Snyder for copying the Nite Owl design from the Watchmen movie yet? I mean is he really that lazy to rip off a design from one of his own movies?

Movie Nite Owl's costume was a ripoff Batman to be fair.

What I hate about this suit is the plated abs and the fucked up cowl. Seriously, why are the ears melded to the rest of the cowl like that? The goggles are probably just for that scene so no point bitching about them

yeah but it makes sense as Nite Owl is just a Batman analog. and it was more of a Nolan Era Batman, and Ozymandias was kinda based on the Schumacher Batsuit.

Whats going on in the Justice League is a rip off of the Arkham Knight Batsuit, which isn't really a bad thing because that suit is really good, but using the cowl and goggles of Nite Owl. like not just similar its like they took the Nite Owl mask and shaved down the sides.

I didnt know Nite Owl invented googles even its did its a stupid complaint because its one image while all the footage shown he doesnt have it on. So its mostly likely work googles for building or something not apart of his rehular costume

doesn't change the fact that the design is a complete ripoff. and a ripoff of a pretty meh design to begin with.

I think the better question is why is Zack still lying to himself and why isnt Ben playing Owlman instead? Same goes for Clark being Ultraman and so on.

Nite Owl is a Blue Beetle analog, dumbass

The actual natural coloring to the suits are already bright enough. Just look at the behind the scenes photos like when Cavill did the ice bucket challenge. The filters are the main issue.

>>Nite owl is the batman analog

so whats your point?

>confusing Nite Owl and Owlman

What is it ripping off? Any why blame Zack and not the actual costume designer

That the costumes arent as dark as they look irl

>Confusing
Are you fucking retarded? I know the difference. My post was regarding the characterizations of Batman/Superman in the DCEU. Learn to read nigga

>why blame Zack and not the actual costume designer
because most of the time (not all but most), all costume designers do follow the instructions that the director wants. they tell the art team what they want things to look like and are given concept art based on what the director told them to make.

tl;dr Directors tell the Costume Designers what to make.

so that they are dark and would look better with more color? how is this not what the OP posted and what the general consensus is in this thread?

>wanting the panties
>being a faggot
pick two

Agent Coulson has terrible taste.

That OP's edit of adding details and belts and all is unnecessary because the costumes are mostly fine. Just stop using the shitty color filters.

>How does it feel being blind?
You tell me. I know DCEUtards are incapable of not eating shit but you have no taste if that suit doesn't look like garbage to you.

If by "suck" you mean "function" then yes.

The only thing I agree with you about is the colors. Keeping outdated things like the outside underwear is where I draw the line. But I will say that making the screen less dreary looking won't help a movie enough when the tone is a dark and the script is nonsense. It also doesn't help that the studio likes to interfere with the process and input their shitty ideas.

>""""Modern"""" ninja
>real ninjas didn' even used black
> Yes, the great myth. In fact, they recommend in the ninja museums, which you can go to in Iga and Koka today, that black was not perhaps the best costume to use in nighttime — dark navy blue was better.

I'm still mad that they have the perfect excuse for a more traditional palette but they also go wrong aside from full "muh darkness"

Just stop embarrassing yourself with your shit taste.

is that from the new lego movie?

As much as I appreciate them finally making a Batman who's wearing something smooth and gray, I really dislike the Frank Miller elements of the BvS suit.

Color palette notwithstanding, Keaton looked more like a Neal Adams-style Batman, slimmer, longer ears, and personally I prefer the yellow oval logo.

>DCEUtard talking about someone else having shit taste
Comedy gold.

You are just misguided, my son. Once you mature a little you will see the errors of your shit tatse.

If I may but in, most consider Batman's costume one of very few good things in BvS since its heavily inspired from TDKR. You can still find minor good things in terrible fucking movies

Clearly they took inspiration from another place when they weren't allowed to use Blue Beetle.

What, you thought that Moore just went back, changed the names and everything else was just the same?

>tl;dr Directors tell the Costume Designers what to make.

Not every time, I bet that Whedon didn't had a say on how the characters would look like

>>>Nite owl is the batman analog
Who in turn is a batman analog. The same way Green Arrow is.

For Superman it too bright and cartoonish, that and to look different from Reeves

No he obviously changed more than just names. That doesn't mean there's Batman there though.

You are just a casual trying to backtrack now.

>>Confusing
>Are you fucking retarded? I know the difference. My post was regarding the characterizations of Batman/Superman in the DCEU. Learn to read nigga
Bruce Shot his Parents?
Enhanced his brain?
Changed his name?
His name is Thomas?

Are you an idiot that think This is the only Batman to kill in the movies?

I just want my batman to look like pic related

>The joke going this far above your head

>He looks and acted way more like Bruce Wayne than any other Batman

lmao, say what you will about his clowny bat-voice but Bale is objectively the best bruce by a country mile

>>The joke going this far above your head
>Even higher then yours

have hope

>DCEU costume are way better.

>"Will, for the love of christ just wear the mask. Ok ok fine! 2 scenes and you're done. Now heres your damn check"

>Bale
Obsessed with a stupid gurl
Too retarded to make his gadgets
Wants to give up being Batman
Shit detective
Perfectly sane
As a no killing code that he breaks all the time
>Affleck
His mission is the most important thing and still Batman even after 20 years.
Is a playboy
Pretends to be drunk at parties.
Makes his shit
Made a God Bleed.
When wrong fixes his mistakes.
Shit detective but at least did way more detective work.
Kinda crazy
Had a code but stopped for a short period time and regains after his redemption arc that is BvS
Incorporate his looks and Ben wins.

i like this
it reminds me of Superman Returns though, where they seem to have taken a schizophrenic attempt at color, taking his bright red and turning it a dark, gritty scab brown, but taking his rich sapphire blue (granted, cerulean in the old movies and the comics at that time) and turning it up to a light aqua that really clashed with the red

what? he was a whiny little crybaby with a weak little 2000s jaw. affleck looked the part, it's just the writing was bad.

it's the fact that the cranium dome is too high, his nose is too potatoey, and there's weird sticky outy bits on his cheeks

Boomrang, Croc, Deadshot with his mask and Katana all look great. Harley's not bad but not great either. The only one that's really shit is Leto and even his costume is good when in the Tuxedo. If he didn't have the tats and broken teeth he would be the best looking Joker.

>Boomerang
looks like a Hobo
>Croc
looks like some hood nigger
>Deadshot with his mask
too bad we had to see will smith 95% of the time
>Harley
looks like shit, and i know its based on her new 52 look but that was shit too

the costume is great but Affleck look terrible in it, it looks way too oversized for him

>Affleck look terrible in it,
Nah it looks beautiful.

I could dig colorful Supes and Wondy, but not Bats. His BvS is my favorite of all movie Batsuits, having the perfect color pattern: black, grey and yellow (yellow only for the belt, the symbol should be black).

That Batman costume is fucking awful.
>that Yaellow oval
>blue and gray

I actually feel fucking insulted having seen this.

Literally the only good live action Batsuit

According to Johns he will have regular teeth should he appear again
>>Harley
>looks like shit, and i know its based on her new 52 look but that was shit too
>Harley
looks like shit, and i know its based on her new

I'd argue they improved the New 52 look greatly. They should adopt her loo from the animated SS movie

I remember liking Bale's until I realize how shit it was.

Second worse batsuit after Clooney's. It wasn't so bad in Begins though

Same here.

Once YOU mature, you'll notice you're a complete idiot. Enjoy your garbage bag suit.

Guess what, that piece of garbage suit ain't one of those things.

you know what i want to see? a batman who's cowl is an ACTUAL FUCKING COWL

They look like fucking action figures. That would be awful. Like what Marvel did to Captain America and Ironman. They looked so much better in their original costumes.

You know what I want to see? A non-bulletproof batsuit.
Yes, it's less "smart" but makes Batman more impressive to me.

this
batman needing to resort to steath and smarts rather then massive amounts of tech and armor.

But Iron Man and Cap look exactly like they should.

this is fucking horrific

stop being a baby and realise MoS and BvS are better than anything the MCU has, or will produce

What like Toys? Cap looks way worse. The first avenger was the best one and only one that looked like a good mixed of Comicbooky and live action.

When I was a kid, toys looked like the comic book characters they were representing. It would stand to reason the movie versions would be the same. Your complaint doesn't make any sense.

>Owlman
Who?

>Dat Supes
>Dat Bat's
>Wondy still shit

No the AOU outfit was best.

It doesn't matter.

Toys don't translate to live action. See every Marvel movie after IM2.

I have and I enjoyed them all. More or less. More more or more less? Amirite?