Non-American anons, who are some superheroes native to your country? They don't have to be from DC or Marvel

Non-American anons, who are some superheroes native to your country? They don't have to be from DC or Marvel.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aBGDq84NLqQ
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Barbell
youtube.com/watch?v=hdCtxvnto04
twitter.com/AnonBabble

We've got a bunch of shitty superheroes no one wants to use.

Bump for interest

Philippines.

We have (classic):
Captain Barbell - Superman/Captain Marvel analogue
Darna - Wonder Woman analogue
Lastikman - Plastic Man analogue

Panday - blacksmith with a magic sword

...that's all I can remember off the top of my mind.

Who are they and what country are they from?

Mexico
I haven't actually read any of the comics but i've seen one of the movies and he can hypnotize people and shit.

I HURT MYSELF TODAY
>tfw despite being a cucked as fuck country we get a pretty neat manly man superhero

Chile.

Guy with the cape is El Brujo (The Warlock) and I think the guy with the helmet is called Clérigo (Cleric). Dunno about the chicks, I was never big into our own cape stuff.

Isn't he actually British because you guys weren't actually a country yet?

No, Logan was born after Canada became a dominion.

He ain't THAT old.

Lets see.

The closest, or at least the more iconic one we have was some everyman who had to put on makeshift stalker suit made from diving gear because snow kills spics.

Then he killed aliens.

You forgot gagambaboy, which is basically spiderman with a yellow suit. And captain barbell is more of thor since he has to lift the weights to transform. Flips have no creativity and must resort to stealing. We really are the spics of asia

Wait, we have legit capeshit?

I'm still mad that the Humankind setting was never explored

I happen to come from the only western country that does not have or had any super heros.

Bought it, read it, regret it.

Dutch writing gets cringeworthy really fast, especially if you have characters trying to quip.

Panday doesn't really count as a superhero. He's more of the sword-and-sorcery genre.
There's also Kapitan Kidlat, who is also a Shazam/Captain marvel analogue, and came about a decade before Captain Barbell.
Then there's Flash Bomba. Oversized hands and feet that give him superhuman strength and agility, granted to him by a tikbalang. Oh, and he can summon a stampede of demon horses. Aside from the demon horses thing, his powers sound similar to X-Men's Beast (at least as he appeared in the 60s).

>Sunspot
>Fire from JLI
>Magma
>That shark girl from the x-men

I don't get it why you americans always give fire-based powers to brazilians.

'Cuz you're hawt lol

Rat-Man

french

LOL, those nipple swirls

Haven't heard of the ones you mentioned. The flip heroes have weird origins like lastikman got his from a rubber tree iirc

Here is our superhero, Superoriental, in a local convention.

>Every Pakistani superhero is either some corporate mascot or fucking Burqa Avenger
Being a Paki is suffering!

There are older stereotype jokes that Brazilians are hot and sexy.

Heck even modern search algorithms have this bias built in, just Googled "Brazil", pics just give soccer teams and sexy ladies walking around in bikinis or crazy reveling feather outfits.

Given the little info regulr people know one culd just ask if Brazil is made entirely of sexy models?

Fire (Bea) from Justice League International

A lot of these characters are a product of their time in the 40's and 50's
Most actually just follow a shazam format where they transform

I like their design, I'd read it.

What about Capitan Novara?

Some guy called Benedict Rundstrom who I think was part of Batman Inc. or something like that. And some parody characters. Everyone else is a villain/civilian and z-list. Or from another plane of existence that coincidentally enough is a theme park version of our mythology.

There's also the villain Zuma.

Oh I very liked that comic.

We have a veritable pantheon of knockoffs. Each and every single character in the Kickfighter comics was a parody of Streetfighter characters, Funny comics had Combatron who basically started out as a Megaman spoof, etc. etc.

No I was just saying the transformation via object is more Thor (Donald blake) rather than Captain Marvel. I also remember a comic produced here I think it was called bible man? Or something along those lines

we do have a superhero comic
It's basically a parody filled with cultural insider-jokes

Yeah, but like I said, it's pretty shit and all the people involved were lazy as hell so their attempt at building a shared universe only lasted two goddamn issues. It's pitiful.

Yo, Humankind was pretty dope. Shame it never made a comeback like MyL.

Well, y'know... "hero".

Russia anons, who is the captain american or superman of your country?

I honestly thought it would be worse.
Its fine.

Internal Norwegian comic scene? Has anybody spotted them since the late 80s?

Yes, that comic blows, but you're wrong that Dutch writing is cringeworthy. It shouldn't be written by college students trying to ape manga. De Avonturen van Tom Poes by Marten Toonder showcases the language at it's best.

>starts a massacre at a gay pride parade

>fights god in the same issue

>god explodes and shit starts raining, like, actual feces.

edgy as fuck but god it was funny

>irrelevant side character in an irrelevant group in an irrelevant universe
sounds about right

Does this guy count?

Gagamboy was capeshit.

Flash Bomba shares the same creator as Lastikman, Darna, and Captain Barbell.

Feel free to post the rest.

Wait, someone else liked Humankind? The art of it was awesome, at least before Genzo ran with it.
Also remember Mirageman

Maybe I should find pic related one day.
France was actually one of the source of the superheroes genre, as far back as in the 19th century. Most of them were found not in comics but in short novels.
I think a lot would be some sort of super detectives? Also comicbook science.
Most of it is long forgotten though.
I really should get that book...

Croatia is so disinterested in comics our only locally based cape is a fucking bank advertisement. Hrvatko is his name.

I'm not sure what comic this guy is meant to be from but he is clearly Scottish as all fuck!

These comics were pretty good when someone was storytiming them way back.

Here something obscure and dreadful from my country.

Back in 1996, Marvel Italy published this 4 issue miniseries created to test the waters and see if there was a public big enough to launch and entire line of similar comics.

Poor sales + Marvel incomign crash killed every attemp to continue this.

Is there anything from Belgium?
No idea, really.
Maybe Tintin?

>2017 - 21
>Marvel incoming crash
Bad timing.

The chick is a Psylocke clone, while the blond-haired guy looks like Atlas from Thunderbolts.

The penciller, Fabrizio Ugolini, is never heard of again (?).

What does he do? Find nest eggs to put them into the financial system?
> "Don't let your money sleep! Everyone must contribute to build the world of tomorrow, even your savings!"

Look radical.

He's not really a super hero papu. Just an iconic comic character.
Patoruzú, super hijitus, cazador, baron rojo are actual examples.

As for marvel or dc, there's gaucho. I think he's the most "relevant" one.

Knowing my country he launders cash for every corrupt politician, businessman and celebrity. From Mamić to Bandić and beyond.

Jerommeke from Suske en Wiske
the reboot was a travesty and Vandersteen is rolling in his grave

Isnt mankind returning as mobile? I saw an ad on facebook for it but I never cared about it

youtube.com/watch?v=aBGDq84NLqQ

Not italian but I hate when part of the marketing is "they're heroes from your country!". It feels like the characters wont be that good on their own. Kinda like sjw pandering characters. Here in argentina it has been done to death, which is why I never bothered with kryptonita since its ridiculous.

only one that comes to my mind right now

Pretty good color scheme

>And captain barbell is more of thor since he has to lift the weights to transform. Flips have no creativity and must resort to stealing. We really are the spics of asia
The fuck you talking about, user!? This shit looks awesome! It's like /fit/ created their own superhero.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Barbell

Even the creator admitted to spoofing Captain Marvel

Remember when some asshole tried to reboot him as a literal superhero fighting spacecows on mars

I remember

El mundo arrepentido wasnt a reboot, it was actually based on the original idea for the character(an argentinian dr who of sorts) and was authorized by solano lopez.

Someone post Capitán Trueno

You wish you had superheroes this cool

Bibleman you say?

In Italy is very inusual: there is a dinstinct undefeeling of "an Italian cannot be a superhero: should he ever have a strong enough moral fibre, he's going to be at best a policeman\carabinere, but it's more likely he would prefer personal success to continuated acts of selfless heroism for no pay"-
Either that, or he'd be a moron. Or basically a villain\anti-hero. Like Don Zauker, the hero Italy doesn't deserve or even need or want but who'll fuck you anyway(pic related)

That said, Europa contained two series: Gemini, which was the Italian-made book, and Euroforce, that was the Spain made book.
Of Gemini only references in the Marvel Handbook remain, Euroforce got brought back(somehow) in Avengers World a couple years ago.

hey, there is this cape movie from italy that was cool.

youtube.com/watch?v=hdCtxvnto04

Looks more like a Cyberforce/Youngblood clone team

it was 1996 and in Italy Marvel books were running about 2 years behind the USA, so, yeah

The best there is

I don't kn ow about modern Lastikman, but the original Lastikman was a shape-changing alien.

no, Sonoman? C'mon Tom.
The Flash met some Argentinians heroes, Planet DC Flash #16 Annual 2000

>Wait, we have legit capeshit?

>he doesn't know

Colombian artist Rodolfo Leon Valencia painted a few of pic related in 2005, but I think it went nowhere.

> Super hero's are all the rage. Some stretch like elastic, some are strong, some are invisible but a Colombian cartoonist in Bogota has chosen Pope John Paul II to be his superhero.
> Homo Pater is the name Rodolfo Leon has given his super hero after years of working on the stories and drawings over the last one and one half years.
> "In my comic book it isn't the Pope. In my comic he is called the Incredible Homo Pater and he lives in a world that is very much like this one and he lives in a house very much like the Vatican, but it isn't the Vatican," said Leon.
> "That's why I can take liberties and do what I like.
> I am playing around with the idea of creator, God the creator, all the things that one creates."
> The Holy Father now has his own comic strip character that wrestles, literally, with evil forces and defends catholics everywhere. "The values that he wants this character to show are of a Homo Pater super man," said local priest Jesus Orjuela.
> "It's good that he want's to show the good values but if he over does it with the super hero symbolism he could make this ridiculous."
> The church has yet to declare Homo Pater persona non grata but his weapons may prove too violent for those who choose to turn the other cheek.
> The holy cartoon character keeps anti-demon handcuffs, a sin shield , and chastity underwear at the ready. His super belt has a compartment for holy water just in case he needs to perform an emergency exorcism.

Recommended Darna? Are there any English-language comics of her? I've always been interested in Darna.

I recall seeing this in a Q-vil magazine years ago. Damn, I want more Herrera dragons and Genzo tiddies.

I don't like him and i don't like here.

Any Asian will recognize toku properties

Why is it that Canada has so many superheroes? Like FAR more than our population deserves. If Marvel wanted some close country with a big population it should have picked Mexico. But god damn there is so many Canadians in Marvel it's nutz.

But I love how militant Canada is in Marvel, it's so messed up but kinda nice not to be the sterotype "sorry" country

Did Britannia, Canterbury Cricket or Mrs Hyde ever show up again after Flash point?

Poland.

Magneto is a Polish Jew in X-Men movies and X-Men Evolution.

There were some Polish Blackhawks.

Recently we got our own comic series Biały Orzeł (White Eagle).
>Polish superhero Biały Orzeł is a square-jawed, muscular Eastern European Captain America or Iron Man with superhuman powers. Created by Maciej and Adam Kmiołek, Biały Orzeł -which means White Eagle- is a retired businessman and CEO called Aleks Poniatowski who mysteriously fell out the window from the 15th floor and went into a coma. Three years later, with the medical expertise of his scientist father, Aleks gains superpowers. Now White Eagle hunts corporations, mafia bosses, monsters from the darkest alleyways of Warsaw and corrupt politicians.

>"an Italian cannot be a superhero: should he ever have a strong enough moral fibre, he's going to be at best a policeman\carabinere, but it's more likely he would prefer personal success to continuated acts of selfless heroism for no pay"

Yeah that is Diabolik

Diabolik's nationality is unknown, and Ginko, the nearest thing to a superhero, is from Clerville.

Vibe on DC, White Tiger and I guess Miles Morales on Marvel. The superhero comic industry in Puerto Rico is mostly copying 90's Marvel and manga so it's all bullshit. There's like two female Supergirl lite chicks that are all about muh patriotism but I don't give a fuck. Vibe is the best we've gotten and he fucking rules.

French here, most are obscure as fuck. Or comic relief like Superdupon (Average Joe with chauvinistic powers) or Captain Biceps.
We did get a nice encyclopaedia of them a couple years ago, though.

Benoit Brisefer?

You guys got all the questionable superweapon programs. I wonder if it's because they don't want to have the US govt as a ruthless entity in their comics, or just because someone wanted canuck supersoldiers.