The episode that ruined the Simpsons

Is this really what did it? Because the back story of some side character was altered?

I like this episode.

I don't think it was ruined until the Tony Hawk episode. Skaters don't even think Tony Hawk is cool.

> I like this episode
You would you chowder head

Skinner was an integral character and a fan favourite.

The episode is total fucking kino. Fuck Shearer, it's a fucking cartoon. I didn't "betrayed".

I was young and stupid so I enjoyed most of the episodes until at least the one with Homer predicting the rapture, that was the first one to really fall flat for me, then I enjoyed them less with each season, gave up on the HD ones.

No it was the episode with Kim Bassigner and that Baldwin guy.

Since when did Celebs use their real name in the Simpsons.

Fuck that

I liked that one too.

Not only that but the episode was all about celebrity worship, that's all they do now

Since Michael Jackson

The episode didn't ruin the Simpsons, it was just an early symptom of the disease. Many writers left the Simpsons around that time to work for Futurama or other projects and the new ones had no idea how to continue the show.

Is there anything you don't like? Dog poo? Nail clippings? Walking in on your dad blowing the mailman?

I don't like your attitude Mister.

Yeah see, the episode was far from what killed the Simpsons.

> Makes fun of its decline with pitching Bart Owning a bear
> Bart gets a bear

I don't remember this.

>Have no fears we've got stories for years

>Sneed-Ai (Formerly Chuck-Ai)

A Chuck falls in love with a Sneed.

Unable to confess, he is gifted by a deus ex machina with the man's phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls him, and is overjoyed to find out that he has a crush on him as well.

But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day's confessions to the male, he only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, he finds out that the boy he called is not the same boy he fell in love with. In fact, he doesn't exist in this universe at all. He is the bear's alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the male's own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of his crush.

Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to give each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the heart of their other selves. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of FEEDS and SEEDS.

Simpsons died with Phil Hartman

People really give this much of a shit about the Simpsons? We all loved it as kids, but the crying over what did or did not "spoil" the show is the epitome of an infantilized state of being.

Harry shares says this is his most hated episode

Give me a break I'm bored, what are you doing with your time that is so damn important?

it was the beginning of the end. a lot of people hated it when it came out

IMO the Frank Grimes episode was where the Simpsons became shit. Sure, some people will say its a good/funny episode but it really destroys what comes before it.

The show went to shit with Marge vs. the Monorail. Fuck off back to le reddit with your "xD US LE 90's KIDS RIGHT xD" nostalgia horseshit.

I actually like this episode and will never understand how you autists can sperg out over it so much.
Like that one gay dude making that overlong “muh Simpson’s lost its soul!!” documentary with his gay forced british accent and dramatic speaking.

You’re ridiculous

But you watch that episode, then you watch one of the new ones. Its not even close man.

the monorail episode is brilliant though. conan wrote a lot of great episodes

But that episode was funny

>having an opinion about this
>thinking you're superior
kill yourself

For me it was sadgasm when they ret-conned the entire 80's out of existence.

I swear, this tale grows taller every time I hear it. He wrote three fucking episodes.

are you denying those three episodes were great?

Two were great, the other was pretty good. That's not "a lot".

are you sure he didn't co-write more?

It died with S11E05.

Shit tier opinion

why it dropped so much after maude's death?

surprised the thread lasted as long as it did

>It's a fucking mongoloid has no idea how television writing works post

He wrote on almost all of the episodes during that time period you fucking dunce. He was credited as head writer for those four episodes. That's how the WGA works. It's fucking retarded, but that's how they do it.

I don’t think Simpsons would be Simpsons if it didn’t have episodes like this