I'M OK TO GO

I'M OK TO GO

Was Contact with Jodie Foster the all time best sci-fi movie? Except maybe for T2.

Its up there but the source material being written by Sagan is almost cheating.

You seem like a real good Jodie

>any sci-fi better than 2001
no

Extremely enjoyable. Some things are just a bit too convoluted/too plot-convenient to call it the best, though.

I'm personally a big fan of Sunshine. But it's a divisive movie so many will not agree.

Better than Intestellar anyway

>18 hours

too white for modern audiences

>He's a Space Odyssey cuck.

>Start receiving signal after 4 years of listening to static
One of the most riveting moments I've felt in a sci-fi film. Similar excitement in Arrival, due to realism and pacing

I hate this website

You're not alone. But it's better to just ignore it.

It was pretty fucking hamfisted tbqh

But why couldn't it record any images?

>Christians and not Muslims blow shit up

>by all coincidence they have a second machine that no one noticed up untilt he plot called for it

>first contact was just a pointless "WELL WE'RE HERE BUT WE WON'T LET YOU SEE WHAT WE LOOK LIKE, AND INSTEAD GIVE YOU JACK SHIT NOTHING BUT A VAGUE PROMISE FOR BABY-STEPS"

brb let me go through my wormhole to find out

they didnt have asecond machine by coincidence it was super secret

Yes, it's just a coincidence that they had a second machine user. They definitely didn't build it intentionally

m8 read your own post

>Obvious primitive species still blowing each other up
>Implying aliens would go HERE'S FTL DRIVES LOL HAVE FUN

He built it for himself and later decided to gift it or something right?

Why are Zemeckis' movies so comfy bros? Not only Contact and Back to the Future, he's made a lot of comfy movies.

it's great, really should re-watch it.

i started on the book too but sagan has always had this boring way of writing that i can't get over, i love him as a "host" in contact, but his writing is very dry

>assuming that all highly advanced civilizations must be peaceful
>implying they couldn't be a warlike race looking to weaponize our aggressive behavior by getting on our good side with gifts of insane leaps in technology like FTL so they can brainwash us against their enemies and send us to war

>tfw babby's first real sci-fi

the reason why the movie works is because we don't get to see them. that's the whole point.

movies in the clinton era were dismal

Except when they totally fuck up the ending.

book > movie

as always.

kek

>Contact with Jodie Foster

is that an erotic movie or something?

the beginning stages of receiving the signal were pretty kino

>books

No, I stopped liking her after I realized how much a disgusting child molester she really is. When is it going to be her turn to be outed?

Has dodie diddled kiddies? Source?

wat

Does anyone have that site that tells the story about the aliens who genetically modify the other races including humans.

Not giving you much to go on I know, but if you have read it, you will know what I am on about.

no?

No. The place belongs to GATTACA.

But I think Contact belongs in second or third.

>good sci-fi is having an impenetrable ending that's weird for the sake of weird

The "I detect fail" Black Hole

Kino

They're alive

fucking goosebumps best part of the movie I think

really makes you wonder what other worlds would look like

Wtf I don't remember this

I really wanted to like this movie but it had so many flaws. Do you really think it is the all time best sci-fi or are you baiting. I would appreciate an answer I'm really curious

it was when she was going through the wormholes

>ywn be introduced to the joys of girl-love by a confident older woman

>tfw born too early to visit ayylmao worlds

I was pretty disappointed with Arrival. Barely any exploration of the implications for the rest of the world beyond the paper-thin 'people/countries angry', instead we got lots of linguist lady trying to communicate with aliens using a white-board and charades. You'd think since the alien language allows them to see the future for whatever dumb reason they could have figured out a better way to do... whatever they were doing, but I guess it was the only way for... reasons.

Good film

>that scene when they unscramble the video and it's the Hitler speech

>Nazis first ones able to make contact with an alien race

Nazis confirmed for master of the human race.

Is Sup Forums memeing me here? Her overacting was pretty awful in the last act, shit made me cringe

It’s not bad but it’s not the 10/10 you fags are making it seem

>First rule in government spending: why build one when you can have two at twice the price? Only, this one can be kept secret.

It's one of my favourites. There's not too much in the way of good hard sci-fi movies. Intersteller had 'love transcends space and time' and McConaughey falling into a black hole to turn into a bookshelf, Arrival had 'alien language gives you visions of the future - stuff that may as well be magic dressed up as sci-fi for the sake of the plot.

It's the only movie I can think of that deals with humans discovering evidence of aliens in a realistic way, without any invasion/horror tropes. The main character is well developed, but so is the rest of the world and how it might react. Those religious nuts are protesting near the start, and it pays off near the climax. Her relationship with McConaughey is fairly cheesy, but it adds to the themes of the movie without being too dumb or ham-fisted. Until the end, at least. That was ham-fisted, but it does fit, and doesn't ruin the movie for me at least.

I really like the worm-hole journey. It's nice that the movie manages to avoid cheesy alien designs by not actually showing the aliens, and has a plausible reason for doing so, because the movie isn't about the aliens, it's about us.

Overall, definitely has some flaws, but I think it's overall a good movie that's also relatively unique.