Why does DC insist on ruining Watchmen's legacy?

Why does DC insist on ruining Watchmen's legacy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jRLl-cb2ntI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

because you deserve it

yes you personally

It's a shit comic written by a hack writer. Who cares?

>ruining
If DK can survive DK2, Watchmen can survive anything.

Just cherrypick your canon. The majority of the new books are going to be forgotten in 5-7 years anyways.

Because the moment they don't do anything with Watchmen Moore gets the rights back.

Money on the idiots who are stupid enough to buy into it.
I already know two people who fell for this shit.

Donkey Kong 2 wasn't that hard of a game

Because at some point along the line DC realized having artistic integrity didn't make you nearly as much money as peddling cheap shit to jackasses that think Rorschach is a hero and take the story completely at face value.

>Implying Rorschach did anything wrong

Alan Moore makes comics for cuckholds. He's angry because his wife left him for a lesbian that's why there's so much rape in his comics

Am i the only one who doesnt mind this?

I like that there is some looming story in the long term to look forward to.

Watchmen's legacy was ruined in the 90s when a bunch of people thought "wow everyone loves Watchmen, it must be because of the edgy bits and the asshole anti-hero protagonist!" and proceeded to make comics accordingly

not just any lesbian, his live-in girlfriend

>Implying even though a broken clock is right twice a day, it isn't still a broken fucking clock.

pretty sure they just have to keep the trades in print but there's no requirement to use the material

Watchmen still makes money and WB couldn't give a fuck about why.

this

>ruining Watchmen's legacy?
no, user. Watchmen will always be grand no matter what comes the same way ATLA is still amazing while Korra is trash.

On the one hand, continuing a completed story that really had no unresolved plot threads is pretty stupid.

On the other hand, there's the chance that it makes Alan Moore upset, even if he's mostly numb to it by now.

Does this look like a man numb to how DC and Marvel fucked him?

youtube.com/watch?v=jRLl-cb2ntI

Johns got big off taking a throw away bit from a throw away Green Lantern Moore story (The Spectrum Wars and the Blackest Night) and made his career off it, basically. I feel like there was something else he used that came from Moore, but I don't recall right now.
So now Johns feels like he is the "take Moore stories and expands on them" guy, which is fine, but Watchmen is a little too far.

Infinite Crisis is a garbage sequel, it's not just Moore's stuff.

because they're the worst company on earth

I accept it ;-;