Sequel when?

Sequel when?

Right after Drive 2

35 years

you will be in your 50s if that happens

Not everything needs a sequel.

I just want more A E S T H E T I C films featuring Goose

I didn't watch this film.

Can people honestly tell me if a sequel is necessary?

You don't need a sequel.

Was BR2049 necessary? I guess not.
Is it a great film? It most certainly is.

You're missing out on one of the better cinema experiences of recent times. And it even makes the original better by making some of the continuation errors of the original into plot points of the sequel (Rachel's eye color)

not really, I mean it could be done
cuz there is a whole revolution about to happen, but the ending was really satisfying as it is.

>And it even makes the original better by making some of the continuation errors of the original into plot points of the sequel (Rachel's eye color)
Just like a Rogue One!

I'm torn. On one hand I highly doubt they can make a film as good as BR2049 but on the other hand I want to see what happens next.

But Rogue One is a bad studio infested degenerate minority pandering Disney flick user

if br2049 was really successful there are high chances Ridley would make a 3rd one but now that it flopped, no chance

I wept when his waifu died. Truly a masterpiece. Admittedly it's not for everyone but I love slow burners. Solaris and Star Trek the motion picture are among my most favorite films of all time, so slow unfolding plots is what I live for. Can't wait to get the home copy with all the extras and cut outs.

>be Hollywood executive
>ran out of ideas for movies again
>hey what about Blade Runner? Don't people like that?
>"But mr exec no one even watched the first one I don't really think there's much interest-"
>fund it!
>and get that fucker who makes the horrific movies about moral extremes in meditative long movies to make it!
>and market it as a scifi action flick!
>let him have the nearly three hour cut too!
>there's no way this could go wrong!

Ridley Scott was supposed to direct it, he is the producer. But he was too busy making Aliens sequels/prequels so he gave the script to Villeneuve with full creative control on all aspects and a gigantic budget to do whatever he wants with it.
Honestly the best thing that could have ever happened happened

And now Riddley doesn't feel compelled to make a sequel himself

it's better than the original

Ridley Scott should retire
He hasn't made a good-great movie in nearly 40 years

I was saying the same but then I found out he's 80 years old.
Gotta respect someone who still works at that age and puts out..competent stuff

>competent stuff
>

in 2049

The original blade runner did really poorly at the box office too.

I'd always love to see more cyberpunk kino, but I don't think a sequel would be a good idea. Mainly because the film sets up a "the replicant resistance" shit, which is so fucking trite and it's been done a million times before in film and other media. If they could do a sequel without having it be about that, it could work

Sequel seems plausible. Lots of loose ends that could be explored:

>Replicant revolution and army
>Wallace alive and still hugely ambitious
>Deckard and daughter alive
>K (maybe) alive

Producer leave

Will Goose play Paul in the upcoming Dune movie?

If Villeneuve directed, absolutely. If not, No Sequel Needed

I'd prefer some sort of prequel desu

Ridley Scott will most likely want to take back over.