Mystery Science Theater 3000

>swarming with magic robots

Gravity Falls

Rick and Morty

Regular Show

the gems are essentially robots

FLCL

not magic robots

Adventure time IS swarming with magic robots.
Gumball Guardians, Rattleballs, BMO, NEPTR.

Voltron, depending on how low your bar is for down-to-earth

Evangelion is actually the correct answer.

I have this exact same image saved as "FLCL.png"

We just went over a miniseries in which we discovered Finn's mom copied her brain into a network of robots.

Venture Bros

How am I the first?

I know, I know, sufficiently advanced science and all that bullshit, but no.

fuck you, just being set in the future (for its release time) is enough to write it off as a realistic down to earth show.

wizards of waverly place

not magic

only infused with the soul of the dead mothers of the pilots

This

Not a show, but it's the perfect description of the Metal Gear series.

This

Robonoids and Pearl and Peridot's mechs.

They are basically tiny rule 63 Cybertronians.

People have already said NGE and FLCL which are the right answers.

most super robo space operas

I see your evangelion and I raise you a futurama

Like 20% of all manga and anime can be described like this. Dumbfuck Simpsons writers.

Regular Show? Half the episodes are mundane park work or home life and the other half is shit like time travel or Rigby transforming into things

I mean that's more or less what Symbionic Titan is.

There's a lot that can be said about Cromartie High but down to earth ain't on the list.

Only correct answer.

But there aren't any robots in Cromartie High.

I see the "down to earth" part, but where's the robot?

Dai-Guard is an anime where, while aliens are invaded and are being fought by giant robots, the robots have physical limitations (in one episode they try to use a drill arm but the centrifugal forces pretty much rip the arm off).

They have to deal with damage, law suits, red tape, the whole shebang.

Everyone but Mechazawa was a robot. That's why they all acted so weird.

>FLCL
>EVANGELION
>ADVENTURE TIME

I must ask you guys.....what is your definition of "down to earth and realistic"? Evangelion has a more realistic portrait of people with mental problens, FLCL is too over the top with the behavior of half of the cast, and AT sure as he'll isn't realistic or down to earth.

Samurai Jack
>down to earth: copy that
>realistic: copy that
>off the wall: copy that
>magic: copy that
>robots: check check check

> Realistic

No person is as edgy as shingi.

Evangelion is what the kids want.

Gundam

It sounds like a much less unreasonable demand if you phrase the request better. What people want is crazy shit happening, but individuals involved can't be cheap props to throw action at. They need their own motivations, feelings, sense of growth, and web of relations and thoughts towards other characters.

It's not even a hard request. It's just a matter of being too lazy to fulfill it.

Aliens too

>Samurai Jack
>realistic
>down to earth

>magic

5/6 ain't bad

Hit the nail on the head.

You guys have some seriously absurd notions of what's realistic and down to Earth.

FLCL at its core is a coming of age story about an angsty kid learning what its like to be a grown up.

The only character who really seems out of place is Haruko, and she's pretty much a projection of Naota's childish urges.

>FLCL is too over the top with the behavior of half of the cast
Yes, but it's the other half of the cast, or half of the personality of the cast, that brings it crashing down to earth. See: Ninamori, Mamimi and Naota when he's being despondent.

That is the prerequisite for OP's image.

Half is off-the-wall magical robot poppycock.
Half reminds us how shit, fucked up, desperate and/or resoundingly average the characters and their life actually are.

Juxtaposition is a wonderful thing when done right.

As a character, I don't think she's "out of place"

She has a place in that narrative as a force of nature/plot catalyst and she does it really well. What's great about her is that she actually has a bit of a character arc, which is usually not a thing for FaN characters; she's a bit different by the end, or we understand the "Haruka" character in a different way than when we started.

Sure, it's not nearly as pronounced of a character arc as Naota, but it's there and it's good.

FLCL while over the top is actually pretty accurate. Kids always want to act older than they really are, and Adults always want to act younger than they really are.

Not who you were replying to but I think other than to move the story she also serves the purpose of building the theme by bringing Naota's desires and sexual tension to life. I think the show was geared toward men who are supposed to feel attracted toward Haruko, because it puts us in Naota's shoes. So I think she's also there for kind of a 4th-wall-breaking thematic catalyst as well.

I can how you confuse the characters for robots seeing as how unrelunrelateable they are
it is joke please no kill

Oh hey look, it's Sup Forums doing a better Sup Forums discussion than Sup Forums itself.

Again.

> she also serves the purpose of building the theme by bringing Naota's desires and sexual tension to life.
Which also serves to support the whole coming-of-age theme.

Also, magical robots throwing city-sized baseballs.

But mianly that first thing.

Shinji is many things, but edgy isn't one of them.

Those robots are his coming of age theme too.

The only "edgy" thing Ryuko ever did was kissing her adoptive sister.

KlK did have some gratuitous rape and molestation, though it was played more for fanservice than edge.

Patlabor?

>magic

The more you think about it the more true it is.

A lot of boards are better at discussing topics other than their board's topic.

Sup Forums has great Godzilla & Mythology threads, for example

You kids don't know what you want! That's why you're still kids, 'cause you're stupid!

DIGITS

Magic robots are cool, bro.

Sup Forums has great Halo threads.

Evangelion isn't the least bit realistic or down to Earth.

The only unrealistic parts come from the "magic" that is also a requisite on OP.

Bullshit, no one acts like a normal person, they all like they're in a melodramatic soap opera, which they are.

I read that as "soup drama" and I chuckled internally.

My brother from another mother.

>Necromancy isn't magic.

RahXephon was better.

>83 replies and not one mention of Transformers of any kind

Probably because no show meets OP's criteria

Not magic.

We already said FLCL.

Yes, it's called Futurama.
No.
Thats live action and lacks robots.
Yes.
Yes, it is.

Again, no, it's too zany to be down to earth.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

It has its down to earth moments and its off the wall moments.

Don't ever reply to me again.

Thats even more zany.
Still to zany.

I would like to add Hamtaro but the only robot in that show was Robo Joe and Lapis & Lazuli don't show up until season 5.

Also Hamtaro never went off the wall and if you were to take away the hamsters it will just be a slice of life show.

No.

>they all like they're in a melodramatic soap oper

How? They are Japanese people with plenty of mental issues, anyone who studied can even easily classify what kind of illness each one has.

All this effort... for that.

Thats even more zany.
Still too zany.

I would like to add Hamtaro but the only robot in that show was Robo Joe and Lapis & Lazuli don't show up until season 5.

Also Hamtaro never went off the wall and if you were to take away the hamsters it will just be a slice of life show.

Sorta, could have been.