RWBY/RT General: Happy Family Edition

Previous Thread: Rules of RWBY/RT General:
>1. Read the Pastebin: pastebin.com/UmEaBVGW (embed)
>2. Arguing about the thread isn't discussion.
>3. Love Cinder.

Latest Chapter: roosterteeth.com/episode/rwby-volume-4-volume-4-episode-12-l0h5ds

wpc.1765A.taucdn.net/801765A/video/uploads/videos/bac56fdf-7eb9-4abf-b7e4-f5f44cd70ee0/index.m3u8

1080P Episode Archive: mega.nz/#F!S1E3wTRQ!4RH3D97O1-ZiW_lMAu7xog

Other urls found in this thread:

lovecalculator.com/love.php?name1=Gaelio Bauduin&name2=Ruby Rose
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's not gay to show off your abs to other girls.

I can't believe Miles confirmed that Ren's dad was a literal cuck that liked to watch.

It's not gay to stare at other girls abs

>Ren's guns not being useless

At this point, it almost makes sense for Jaune to have a sword-sword.

Good morning RWBYg!
Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

I want to marry and impregnate Yang!

Ruby's gun was also useless in terms of damaging Nuck.

Only gun that seem useful against grimm that are actually a threat are a minigun and a ship mounted cannon.

He should get a cannon and spend the rest of the show struggling to carry it around.

Even Coco's gun was apparently useless against the Griffon Grimm. You see her bullets bouncing off of one during the Battle of Beacon.

I guess I'd chalk it up to power = more bullet-proofing for Grimm.

And on that day, we received a Grimm reminder....

BEST SHIP

Why, for the glory of the RT store!

>A whole volume
>Not a single Neo

BAKA.

I will never tire of these

How will M&K fit Neo in the story now that Roman's dead? I don't want Neo getting shoehorned in

>Neo and Neonfags actually thought they'd see their irrelevant waifus
You Neofags should be happy she didn't show up, she would have gotten 3-7 minutes of screentime and then killed to Tyrian can take the stage

Probably encounter her some where in mistral she will either die to a character or she gets eaten by a Grimm like Roman

She's the queen of Vacuo
She bought the whole kingdom for 5000 lien, a half empty crate of dust and 2 Atlesian standard issue rifles. She probably could've gotten a better deal for that shithole, but Mutes tend to be at a disadvantage in haggling.

NIGHTMARE FUEL

Are other sections of the fandom mocking this as much as us?

Some japs on tumblr made some edits

Tumblr and twitter have been at it.

/r/RWBY has been banning any mention

Neo should have died with Torchwick
The entire point of his death was to put the whole "fighting crime in Vale" angle behind us as the show moved onto focusing on greater threats
Reintroducing Neo would be a step backwards for literally no reason

Seeking revenge on Ruby would be a good angle. Ruby did kill Neo's mentor/father figure.

And, more generally, a sadist like Neo would probably enjoy aligning with Salem anyway.

Most of those pictures come from Tumblr, and there's been a few from twitter
There was a thread about the announcement on r/RWBY that was mostly filled with the same mockery/disgust, but the memes haven't gained traction. But then, r/RWBY has a policy against just posting crap like this

>allying with Salem
Yeah no at this point neo is a vagabond trying to fine Ruby I don't think she ever gave a shit about Cinder and co.

She may have shared Roman's fear of Salem, and his logic of "I side with the winning team". And allying with Salem would still be advantageous for getting Ruby.

I'm not certain that's what has happened, but I'm saying it's plausible.

>posting crap like this
Funny way of spelling 'Sucking RT's dick to the tune of deleting anything critical'

Did Roman even know about Salem? I thought he just worked for Cinder only

There's been several posts and threads complaining about volume 4, they've been left completely alone. Its only when its just low effort shitposting like just posting a picture with nothing to discuss that it gets deleted, and that doesn't just apply to RT criticism

>that picture
Glorious.

Huh

That's alot of knowledge about Reddit there user

I'd be amazed if Roman knew about anything beyond Cinder's plan

He seemed to. In his final battle, he said something about "the people" he worked for being very dangerous. As he looked down on Emerald and Mercury, it's reasonable to assume that he knew Cinder was a part of something bigger.

>/r/RWBY has been banning any mention
what?

That's a lot of baseless assumptions about Reddit there user.

Toonami General here, I heard you guys like shipping, so get a load of this shit.

lovecalculator.com/love.php?name1=Gaelio Bauduin&name2=Ruby Rose

>Be M or K
>Have a somewhat well fleshed out villain character that is a psychotic murderer and a skilled fighter, with a very interesting design and a strong semblance (and a wide fanbase)
>Have your protag "kill" a significant person to that character
>Make it pull a Mary Poppins and disappear for the next volume
>Introduce a shitty character with very generic characteristics and a shallow motivation to hunt your protagonist instead.
>Watch your fans literally suck your dick instead of criticising this shit

i swear, every single mom on this show is a goddamn milf.

Or he knew that Cinder's powers were something he couldn't understand
The woman could conjure fire in her hand and deflect bullets like it was nothing, its understandable that Roman would be cowed by that alone, and rag on Merc and Em to make himself feel better

+1
Can't wait to see Summer

She'll show up in like 2 volumes and get her ass kicked by Ruby to show that she's gotten better now.

>99%
Galby confirmed canon.

>somewhat fleshed out villain
Neo was not fleshed out user

at least we knew more about her than Tyrian and have been familiar with her ways

>somewhat well fleshed out villain character
HAHAHAHAHAHAA
Wow, do you really believe that? Neo was CREATED ten days before the episode she appeared in went to air, the entire reason she's mute is that they didn't have time to pick out a voice actor for her
As for interesting design, she's literally just rule 63 Roman. As in, Monty saw a rule 63 design for Roman and liked it so much he took the idea, tweaked it a little then shoehorned it into the show
Congratulations, you might be the most delusional Neo-fag I've ever seen

>we knew more about her than Tyrian
No we don't you fucking liar
We know what motivates Tyrian, which is far more than we can say for Neo. Shit, we don't even know if she even gave that much of a shit about Roman, which rather sinks that theory about her seeking revenge for him
As for "familiar with her ways" she got two fights where she spent the entire thing being a DEX faggot and just had no foreshadowing but in her first actual fight managed to beat Team RWBY's best one on one fighter. Face it, if Neo had been a hero every last one of you would be calling her a Mary sue

She was created on a rush
She's literally a R63'd Roman
She's SOMEWHAT fleshed out not really fleshed out but we've been familiar with her for two volumes.
She's mute, VA or not, happy coincidence or not, It's something interesting about her.

All of this, and she's still way more interesting and fitting for Ruby's hunting role than a newly introduced character that is Tyrian.

I invite you to quit replying to just one phrase "somewhat well fleshed out" and actually tell me why Tyrian is better for this role than Neo based on the things I've already said.

Hm, it's just the way he spoke about it... It's clear he was feeling intimidated by a group. And from how he treated Em and Merc I can't see him as referring to CEM.

From a narrative perspective, it was probably meant as a hint about Salem's existence, like how Cinder spoke to her in those blackout sections. I do think how Roman really knew enough about Salem to fear her is an odd situation, but I'm assuming it's a small oversight by the writers.

Neo isn't quite as shallow as some people make out. She clearly has some sort of attachment to Roman, to the point that she defers to and even dresses like him despite being stronger than him. That's significant, considering her usual personality. There's some sort of story there.

>Shit, we don't even know if she even gave that much of a shit about Roman
You don't. That's your problem. She clearly enjoyed being partners with him and they both have a very good sync when fighting together. She obviously had a better and more effective relationship (whether partners or leader-follower) with him than anyone else from CME

Tyrian is directly connected to Salem and her plans
You know, that actual overarching plot that the show has been moving towards since the very first episode?
Tyrian is shown to be an effective hunter, tracking Ruby down and engaging all of RNJR at once, a feat that Neo would struggle with since her hyper evasive combat style would suffer when dealing with multiple opponents. He's also being used as a window into just how fanatical Salem's followers can get, and raises the interesting question of why he's so devoted to her, as well as forcing Cinder to question exactly what it is Salem wants from her in exchange for her power

And of course, there's the far more important point of the fact the show has moved past villains like Neo. That's why she should have died with Roman, because his death was the one of the nails in the coffin of the carefree days of adventure and vigilantism that had characterized the show until volume 3. Now we've finally left Vale behind, we're moving out into the world and seeing the story take shape. Bringing back Neo, having her obsessively hunt down Ruby, really makes little sense. We saw nothing of the loyalty that would take in her, she has no means to know where Ruby is going and having the same angle of "Ruby's nemesis is a criminal from Vale" would be a backwards step

Literally Ruby.

> And of course, there's the far more important point of the fact the show has moved past villains like Neo.
Disagree. Neo is still strong, so can still challenge our protagonists in a fight. And far from being an inherently regressive character, I would see including her as a chance to develop and further explore her character.

And, perhaps more to the point, she's popular with a lot of fans. They'd enjoy her coming back.

There's a SIGNIFICANT gap between "I enjoy working with this guy" and "I'm going to dedicate the rest of my life to hunting down the woman who killed my boss"
Neo is a criminal, same as Roman. Contrary to what popular fiction might tell you, there's really not a lot of loyalty in that business
Besides, Vale is a fucking disaster area even months after the Battle, how the fuck would Neo know where Ruby went, get there herself and then track her across an unfamiliar continent?

I wouldn't mind Neo coming back when the story swings back around to Vale, but introducing her in volume 5 or 6 while shit is going down at Haven would be fucking stupid, and would be a case of pointless character bloat based purely on demands from entitled fans

There's a lot of fans, I'd say a fuckton of a lot more, who'd give their right arms to have Pyrrha come back, doesn't mean its a good idea for them to do so
And when I say moved past her, I don't mean in terms of some arbitrary power level, I mean narratively. Neo is tied to the Vale crime scene, to the days when RWBY were students by day and vigilantes by night. But now those days are behind them, and look positively childish in the wake of everything that happened. Re-awakening that part of the story in bringing back Neo would feel inconsistent

So Neo's not okay to know Salem's plans while amateurs like Em and Merc can.
I hope you didn't forget that unlike how "carefree" Roman was and unlike how he posed little to no threat clearly showing that he doesn't like to murder people, Neo had no problem stabbing Yang and has shown some serious dangerous tendencies.

I really doubt she'd struggle against multiple opponents when her style has much in common with Tyrian's but with illusions also added to the package.

I can see us moving past Roman for obvious reasons but Neo has a good chance being a strong ally to Salem if written right. Roman's death can be a way to convince her too. That would've been far more interesting than a scorpion maniac
I guess the VA was the most interesting thing about him.

She dressed like him, and he was clearly upset when she got blown away. There is evidence that they genuinely cared for each other.

>So Neo's not okay to know Salem's plans while amateurs like Em and Merc can.
Em and Merc were directly picked by Cinder to act as her henchmen. Roman was hired out of necessity to operate in Vale, and he evidently didn't know much of what was going on. Neo, in turn, was working for him so it only makes sense for her to not be aware of the full scope of Salem's plans.

Also Cinder is still an ally with Adam so why not Neopolitan too?

The Pyrrha situation is different. Pyrrha' dead and gone, her arc's tied up. Neo, on the other hand, is alive and has unfinished business. Good justification to appease fans who want her back.

Also, I do not really buy into this idea of "they can't bring back anything from Vale". Sorry. Neo is still a threat and can still grow as a character, so I don't get the idea of "she's from the past" making her a no-go.

Did you forget that Neo was in the team with Cinder, Mercury, and Emerald? Even without Roman?

Academy teams have four members. Would you rather have them hire a random bloke off the street to fill in the numbers?

Because Adam is still useful while Neo is not
Adam is Salem's in to controlling the White Fang and using them as proxies for her attacks on the academies. Neo was Roman's henchmen, who was working for Cinder. Neo is three degrees removed from Salem's plan, was only really useful in Vale and while a competent fighter we never saw her in a straight match up. Her fight against Yang was in a train car packed with explosives preventing Yang from using her semblance, and she was Roman's back up in the fight against Ruby
We never saw her fight on a level playing field, or at a disadvantage

Yes, I would!

Shopkeep would have been a fine stand-in.

Excellent.

... She didn't just fight in the tournament. She was in nearly every plan Cinder had as an active member (remember medic!Neo)...

A powerful fighter and illusionist like Neo is useful anywhere, user. Miles even said that she was stronger than Merc, apparently. But if you'd prefer in-story examples, then she did slaughter an airship full of Atlas military. Clearly the girl ain't weak.

Neo, again, was hired via Torchwick. Cinder didn't bring her into the fold like she did with Mercury and Emerald.

>88888

Are you trolling, user? Or are you just literally that dense?

Neo is probably alive but I don't see where see this "unfinished business" being that important to her
She might enjoy working with Roman and respect him, but that doesn't automatically translate to undying loyalty and a burning desire to hunt down Ruby
As for "she's from the past", Neo isn't connected to the new meta plot in any real sense. She was working for Roman who was working for Cinder who was working for Roman. At best she was three degrees removed from the overarching scheme that the main characters are now working to stop
If she reappeared she'd just take time and focus away from that plot to tie up her one loose end for very little narrative satisfaction

These are more points in Neo's favour. Excellent teamwork skills, and a master of disguise!

Neo evidently doesn't know about the inner dealings Cinder has.
Making her know about them would contradict the rest of the show.

I can't wait for Neo to die

Its not about her being weak, its about her utility to the plan. If they need illusions, they've got Emerald, if they need a strong fighter they've got Merc or Tyrian or possibly Hazel to send along with her
Neo doesn't offer anything beyond being a strong fighter, and clearly that doesn't cut it

BEST GIRL

Fan artists never get the tits right. They're either too big, or too small.

You can never have too many strong fighters on your side when you're trying to upend the whole world.

Somehow, I just can't see Salem using the logic you've used there.

>Neo isn't connected to the new meta plot in any real sense.
Because writers didn't even try to include her in the volume. She could've appeared next to Em and Merc right in episode one and with just two lines of how the two kids found her (unconscious/hurt/searching for whatever's left of roman/etc) and explained to Salem that she might be of use while retreiving Cinder. Boom. There. And I'm not even a writer at all I'm just putting a scenario. Imagine what a real writer is capable of pulling off.

>If she reappeared she'd just take time and focus away from that plot to tie up her one loose end for very little narrative satisfaction
Oh so are you suggesting that Vol4 was in any shape or form narratively focused? It was all over the place.

Those look just right

>Oh so are you suggesting that Vol4 was in any shape or form narratively focused? It was all over the place.
And you think that making it worse would make it better?

They should have never said anything about Neo being alive. Now we have to deal with fags trying to come up with retarded ways of shoehorning their irrelevant waifu back into the show.

You still can't see it huh.. We didn't even need a character like Tyrian to exist in the first place...

Same

I'll shoehorn my fist into your face, fag.

Fuck you and your trips.

Trips of truth

>shoehorning
Mom look! I'm using terms repeatedly to make a point!

You're assuming Salem even knows Neo exists for one thing, I doubt Cinder give her the rundown on details like that

Besides, I don't buy the "stronger than Mercury" thing, I didn't see anything in either of her fights to suggest that. Maybe on par with, but not strictly better

They're too small. Neo uses Yang's model, just shrunk, so the proportions are still the same.