Star Trek: Discovery

so what apex predator is able to be so badass that it influences the evolution of a sentient bipedal and warp drive capable race?

i mean seriously, are they fucking haunted by spiders with telekinetic powers or something?

the planet used his own desires against him

women, black women

This show desecrates a dream of a better future. It exists because our burned-out cocaine sewer of an entertainment industry needs to constantly excrete product all over the masses to maintain their privileged lifestyle. It ruins Star Trek and anything else that's good in the world because hacks like Abrams must regurgitate because they cannot create.

Jeez, that's a bit dark, don't you think?

Absolutely not, fuck Discovery. It has no redeeming value whatsoever.

I like Lorca, he's cool. And I also like their new take on the Klingons. They're more of a real alien race now. Feel real different.

Short-faced bears

Seth, just stop. It's getting pathetic

Bazinga!

>Short-faced bears
>>>
> Anonymous 11/06/17(Mon)18:29:58 No.898
1/10 for the caricatures

New thread topic: should viral marketers be exiled to a remote desert island? I'd argue yes, for the good of society.

Man's gotta work.

Agreed. I was interested at first just to see how they continue the Trek universe but they've scrapped the old and are just building on Abrams' movies. I have no interest in the JJ movies. Didn't even watch all of them.

Allow me to introduce you to real Star Trek

His uniform is non-TNG. I don't trust this.

Yeah, I just watched the latest episode and you're exactly right. They've completely scrapped Star Trek. It's especially heartbreaking when they do this to Star Trek. It's like watching how shallow and meaningless our society really is in comparison to what it could be. It's our corporate overlords laughing at us and telling us we're only fit to be muck-swilling pigs.

Looks like his Nemesis uniform.

Might be inferred head cannon but I assumed they'd been a slave race and the Predators had worked together with them to reach Warp capability.

That or they were just so shat on by these other races that the Federation forgot the Prime directive again.

Jesus-H-Christ! It's not that bad. It's different. I'll grant you that. It's grim, yes, but that's partly why it's refreshing.

Quote is from First Contact. Come on, people.

There's still over 700 episodes of old Trek it's not a big deal.

I actually enjoy Discovery alot but I won't rewatch it alongside TOS TNG and DS9 or even Enterprise.

I'll probably rewatch it more than VOY tho.

>It's different
No it's not. It's all of today's sci-fi cliches packed together with a vague Star Trek aesthetic and that is precisely why its so bad.

Federation confirmed Human Supremacist organisation

>seeing differences in species

They should get the uniform right then, maybe they'd appear more trustworthy.

>he actually believes the aliens are unironically wearing prosthetics.

If Tom Paris breaking the Warp 10 barrier was the only real Star Trek episode to exist, I'd still rather watch that than any of Big Bang Trek.

Shit episode. The one where he mates with catfish-Janeway and they abandon their offspring on an uninhabited planet is unquestionably superior.

Agreed. Autists with no conviction are the only ones claiming they like this. Autists who gladly eat the pile of shit these executives gave them just because they call it star trek.

The show would be so much better if Michael died. What an awful character.

but it sounds like lorcas race evolved to run away from something, that would suggest its something like an animal hunting them.

This is only realistic in a world where the cost of production is zero and deliverables are instant and don't require labor.

Which in this case is the replicator.

That's what bothers you about this disease of a show?
Not that someone guilty of treason would be temporarily conscripted in the organization that is more anal about rules than the IRS under some made up pretext where they are oh so needed when they contribute fuck all to the development of the technology they were allegedly indispensable for and even less to the war effort in general?

Not the fact that the protagonist is the least vulcany character in the entire universe since Q?

Not the fact that humans regularly defeat Klingons in hand to hand combat?

Not the fact that Klingons were turned from feudal era space samurai to tribal space neanderthals?

But the fact that this faggot's threat detection mechanism works outside the habitat it evolved in for threats it couldn't possibly have evolved for? Admittedly that is a massive load of shit but far from the worst turd sandwich in this mountain of shit.

This show is literal shit and the only reason I watch it is so whenever I come across someone stating they like it I can ask them what they like and verify they watched it before I bitch-slap them.

Now I wish Q versus Spock would still tour.

>I watch it is so whenever I come across someone stating they like it I can ask them what they like and verify they watched it before I bitch-slap them

Goddamn it don't give me a reason to keep watching this trash. I'm trying to give the fuck up on this Abrams bullshit.

>this specific star trek show is shit
You know, a post like yours could be written for most star trek episodes since the original series. This is just a different flavour.