Why did he have to be a highschool teacher? Apparently he was an expert in his field...

Why did he have to be a highschool teacher? Apparently he was an expert in his field, and it's obvious he's skilled enough to hold a more significant job than teacher.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tkJFpjfwsGc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because oldskool White wanted to help others.

because it’s a stupid show

i so wish you would post a pic of yourself. i can only imagine the stretching your going to reply with also.

It's implied his rich friends you meet in the first season screwed him out of royalties for something he did for them

>americans don't pay their teacher well
>instead even make fun of the job

No wonder the US youth are useless shits

> Why did he have to be a highschool teacher?

Great tv series but it pissed me off that they presented him as somehow not being able to afford his cancer treatments, when unionized public school teachers (particularly in predominantly White school districts) have the best health insurance in the country.

He was gonna become rich and famous but that cunt back in college fucked him over or something
just watch the show

education and health care is pretty local, new mexico is literally mexican

He was insecure and enjoyed feeling smarter than the people around him

because in an evil capitalist society if you're smart and honest you can never succeed

that's his perception. even though they were probably assholes too, he thought he had a relationship with gretchen but was poorer than her and when she hooked up with chad moneybags he lost it

>start watching this
>Cranston in white undies
I don't need this shit, I'm out

Did you not pick up that he really enjoyed teaching people ?

A lot of educated parents become teachers so that they can teach their kid and spend time with them

I know a guy who got a job as a high-school math teacher for this reason. After his kid graduated he got a job as a college professor.

Yeah, although they didn't screw him out of that. He screwed himself and then convinced himself it was their fault. That being said, even then his skills where far above highscool teacher. He could have gottten a job in higher places.

How insecure are you in your sexuality exactly?

This. Walt sold his shares before the company took off and he could've had a career of high standing had he not done so. Purely his fault.

this is the true answer according to cranston, he was afraid to find out what he was really made of

Americans really look down on teachers eh? No wonder the rest of the world thinks you’re dumb and uncultured.

>just started watching this for the first time a week ago
>actually feel kind of bad for skyler in the beginning
>"durrr I fucked Ted teach you to think about our family when you die from cancer"
>rage with the intensity of a thousand suns
>"durrr I cooked Ted's books better give him over half a million behind your back durrrr why are you mad at me!!!"

Is she poorly written or the moat accurate description of a female in television history?

It was the best he could get in the area. His wife wanted to live close to her sister because she was too cancerous to have any actual friends.

It was realistic desu.

pic related will be Heisenberg in the 2020's remake

>you will never go back to BrBa shit posting 5 years ago

>they didn't screw him out of that. He screwed himself and then convinced himself it was their fault
you have no evidence of that though

No he sold his shares because Skylar wanted a quick cash out because they were going to have a kid or get married or something.

>you listened to the faggots memeing it as a terrible show and missed out on the shitposting because you didn't watch it until last year

>education and health care is pretty local, new mexico is literally mexican

The NEA (teacher's union) is national and very powerful and all public school teachers get the best possible health insurance.

Wasn’t WW super smart and qualified? Was it not viable to look for a better job any where else?

There are literal scenes and dialogues where it's revealed that he got out of the project and didn't want anything to do with them.

I miss BRAVO-posting

damn that's interesting. do you have a source?

Just think. If Walter hadn't sought after personal greed like his friend did he probably wouldn't have had Walter JR who was there to show what a shit decision he had made by being too meek.

we know he left, but not what happened between them to warrant that. he could easily have been completely justified

sorry but I have no idea which interview this was but there's a decent chance it was inside the actor's studio maybe?

In Trump's America of ant intellectualism, even great geniuses of science are called to question, so is it any surprise he would have to been delegated to work a menial job? This is the face of late capitalism

>no life insurance
>sells out of his own company for a quick buck, instead of making many millions like elliot
walt is cancer

We know he left because he felt that the other two thought they where better than him, he felt inferior, and then blamed them when they hooked up. That's why his ex partner gets mad at him for leaving them and then being angry about it. That's why he doesn't want their money at all. The only actual bad person in Walter life at the start is Walter.

Its been a while since I watched the series, but are you saying it was just Walt being petty and butthurt about Gretchen and Elliot?
Honestly man the thing is, even if he hated these people, he should have kept his share of the company. Most people will never get a chance like that, to own a large part of a tech/chemical company before it goes public.

to make carpooling with walt jr easier, which probably wouldn't have been an issue if his piece of shit wife didn't smoke while pregnant

It's not explicitly said in the series, and it is not even about them hooking up, that happened later when he was already out. In the series all you know is that he is butthurt about something they have no fault of (like he always does), and then got even more butthurt when they hooked up. but in an interview Gilligan said he was butthurt because he felt inferior while spending time with Gretchen's family. Walter was always an egomaniac. And yeah, he shouldn't have sold his shares, pretty idiotic move, even more because he knew that what they did was revolutionary.

easily could have worked as a professor, researcher, or chemist

Because he wanted to break bad bro

ITS PERFECT

Walt screwed himself over by leaving the company he founded which turned into this multi billion profit company because he had a argument.

Walt was demasculated and its obvious in the first episode. Basically the driven fire of building an empire died along until he got into making Meth.

what would him camwhoring prove? You're probably one of those Mario Odyssey fags

>Breaking Bad ended 5 years ago

Now you've gone and done it

because it wouldn't be a power fantasy for the audience if he wasn't just like them, people in dead end jobs who think they are geniuses

It's so simple
Walt wanted to be surrounded by people dumber than him so he could seem like a genius. He wanted to feel smart and he wanted others to think he was smart

Reminder that there is literally nothing wrong with what Walt did since it was for his family. Skylar needed to fuck off with her sanctimonious bullshit, especially since she did a 360 on the issue once she saw how much money there was to be made.

skyler was the worst of all. put her foot in both camps and nagged everyone involved instead of committing to either being a rich drug lord wife or moral upstanding citizen

Some people like to teach kids, you dumb motherfucker.

360? You mean a 180, right? A 360 would just bring her back around to her original position.

I love reliving 2005, too.

:)

No, he was qualified only to be a chemistry teacher or work as a lab tech. The part of the show that I've never seen and will of course never bother watching—for this very reason—which was grotesquely unbelievable was its premise of a public employee with inadequate health insurance.

It's heavily implied he and Gretchen were a thing but she left him for that other nerd and he didn't want to stick around after being cucked like that.

Jesus Christ dude, lurk more. No wonder this website is going to shit.

That was the point. He was overqualified and underestimated and he got the kick from making meth because he could finally fully utilize his intelligence and become respected and feared.

If you think skylars bad than watch The Mist tv series

It's also implied that he ruined it for himself with Gretchen because of his inferiority complex around her family, and that she didn't get on with the other nerd until after that, it wasn't a straight cucking

>being this new

True.

Why do women ruin literally everything?

Because Walter White is a fucking washed up loser. Driving a Pontiac Aztec and being a chemistry public highschool teacher is about as bottom barrel loser as it gets when he could have been a millionaire. It also set up the relationship between White and Jesse Pinkman who was a former student.

>being this new

>for all anyone knows this could be a further counter-troll playing the "doesn't know it's a troll" character
we've gone so deep none of us know who we are anymore

>with what Walt did since it was for his family
Did you even WATCH the fucking show? He did it for HIM. The "family" line was bullshit he told Skylar and himself to make the guilt go away.

>bean thing news on fox at 6

Skyler did literally nothing wrong. She was a loving wife before Walter went and starting making drugs. How the fuck do you expect someone to react when they learn their spouse has turned into a scumbag criminal?

>Skyler did literally nothing wrong.
She is the one who fucks Ted

AFTER Walt turned into a drug dealing criminal and betrayed her.

None of that makes adultery "nothing wrong"

Because high tech industry is incestuous and stifled by government regulation, favoritism, and nepotism. Walter's condition despite his brilliance at the start of the series is all to plausible.

He broke their marriage contract first.

>because in an evil capitalist society if you're smart and honest you can never succeed
Actually Walter was kept down by the fact that America is not truly capitalist. If it were he would have succeeded.

White screwed himself over. Look how he treated his new partners. Especially Mike. White was always a self destructive, arrogant asshole. Mike was right about everything.

youtube.com/watch?v=tkJFpjfwsGc

This show is bullshit. No super smart scientist that has a goddamn Nobel prize is going to be a poor science teacher if he didn't want to be. Pharmaceutical companies would be throwing money at him, colleges would be throwing tenureshipd and speaking gigs at him, there's so many opportunities he would have been given

He tried to do the right thing and fucked himself. Then never tried to do the right thing again.

>...to be my lawfully wedded (husband/wife), to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part.
Nothing in there says "oh but if he's a criminal you can fuck other men, it's cool"

>not being able to afford his cancer treatments

Wrong. White had health insurance. What he didn't have was life insurance.

skyler was a fucking whore and i hated both her and mary through the entire series even jessies first chick the heroine addict with the fishface

Then why did he have to pay for his treatments with drug money? It started out as a form of life insurance but he was clearly paying his own medical bills while he was still working at the school.

>Driving a Pontiac Aztec
Honestly this is such great piece of characterization.

>Then why did he have to pay for his treatments with drug money?
Because they set up a webpage for "donations" for his treatment to launder money.

That web page in no way covered the cost, the real laundering did not start until they purchased the car wash and he was paying the bills in secret before that.

Yes, it was to show how petty and prideful Walt really was and that he wanted to be the man with the power from the start. He got scorned by Gretchen and when she got together with Elliot he left the company and sold his shares, then it became very successful. In the first season when he is at the party, Elliot offers him a high paying job and he takes offense to it, seeing as he was one of the original owners.

>Around 20 years before the events of the series unfold, Walt worked in Application Labs ("Cancer Man"). He also worked in a chemical lab near Los Alamos, and met his wife Skyler White, a hostess named Skyler Lambert at that time, in a restaurant ("Cancer Man"). He moved to Albuquerque to work for Sandia Laboratories just prior to his firstborn ("Full Measure"). In Albuquerque, he and his wife settled into a home at 308 Negra Arroyo Lane, despite his desire for a larger house in light of recent business success.
>Walt eventually went on to become a chemistry teacher at JP Wynne High School where his son, Walter White Jr., also attends as a student. Financially, this job was not enough to support his family, so Walt took on a second job at the A1A Car Wash.

it's not bullshit, it's just vince shitty writing.

In the beginning, he had the standard teacher medical treatment. But after he got rich, he demanded only the best treatment.

mike was a cunt a deserved to die

I always thought his perception was fucked but I changed my mind during the 2nd-last episode's final scene where he hears them claim all he ever contributed was to the company's name

Walter screwed himself out. He was also cucking the rich guy back then.

Mike wws a piece of shit tho

Everyone in this show is a piece of shit.

Prove me wrong.

Consider this, what if one man was so cucked, that he had to abandon the chemistry industry because of his huge ego? He said fuck this, Gretchen and Elliot are cunts, I would rather work as a highschool teacher than with them. Fuck this whole industry. He couldn't swallow his pride.
All throughout the series, Walt has no self control. He cant back down (eg. when he keeps giving Walt Jr. tequila, overstepping his boundaries with the Gus Fring empire.)
Breaking Bad is a cautionary tale about ego. Had he been calculated, he would have stayed with Grey Matter, made a lot of money, and be living a great life. Instead Walt is set in his ways, and keeps making the same mistakes.

I had teachers in high school that had developed cutting edge stuff in the private sector.
I think my physics teacher said that the things he were involved with were obsolete within a few years, but through teaching his work could have a longer lasting impression.
Doesn't seem like Whites character though.

Hank is a fucking badass and literally did nothing wrong

but 20 years after the company tech was established, are they meant to tell people "Walt was instrumental in the company, we owe it to him"?

Also an aside note, if there was some amazing chemical technology created by Walt and others at grey matter, that technology would be patented. If Walt was halfway intelligent, he would have his name on the patent and would be getting Royal Tees, ma fucka. Royalties.

Tesla was a genius but very poot