Learn the difference marvel shits. It might save your day

Learn the difference marvel shits. It might save your day.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hpWYtXtmEFQ
youtube.com/watch?v=KGa4rE-ACCI
youtube.com/watch?v=7j3Pu_xCjMo
youtube.com/watch?v=rbMc8wbLwKk
youtube.com/watch?v=pnY4YxzQhxI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

OBSESSED

With shitting on shit movies?

>DCKUKS are so pathetic they need to bring non DC movies to talk shit about marvel

What the context of the orange slices one?

When I looked it up all I got was that it was a home remedy for headaches. I guess saying "anyone got any aspirin" was too mundane

DELETE THIS THREAD RIGHT NOW. THIS BOARD IS PROPERTY OF THE ALL POWERFUL MOUSE

The plebeian no argument guidebook:
>OBSESSED
>DCKUK
>MARLELKUK
>HAHAHAHAHA
>bad cgi posting
>smug anime girls
>frogposting
>wojakposting
>strawmanning
Am I missing anything?

>>MARLELKUK
>hey guys I think DC sucks but aren't those Marvel movies just as bad???

Return of the king does this

>epic final battle for the fate of middle earth

>Gimli and legolas joking with each other and making it a joke competition to see who can kill the most orcs, like they are casually playing some boring video game or somethign

LOTR quips haven't aged well. Which is why the first film is the best one.

All the worse parts of LOTR were magnified in The Hobbit Trilogy.

>muh company wars

But user
Marvel doesn't make action dramas with some comedic elements
They make action comedies with some dramatic elements
Though they should decide on full absurd comic slapstick comedy shit and pull away all the drama because their movies are like the tonal equivalent of that one elastic band ride that launches you into the air and you fall then up and down again and again

The most bizzare MCU movie is Civil War. From one scene it's a serious political superhero film and the other Spider-Man and Cap America are quipping into overdose as they throw projectiles at each other. What a disjointed mess.

literally flinstones tier

what was hackson thinking?

>M I C K E Y M O U S E

>They make action comedies with some dramatic elements

they make hour long toy commercials for man children

>Does anyone have any orange slices?
It's a really stupid "joke," but the timing for it is fine. You sort of have to remember that the entire fight wasn't one where they were trying to kill each other (it's not like the final fight of the film between Iron Man and Captain America/Winter Soldier). Remember, the lead up to this is him going Giant Man, which is definitely played humorously with a lot of jokes (like Spider-Man's Empire Strikes Back joke), and even before that, we had that joke of small Ant-Man running and other comedy. The scene only gets serious when War Machine is injured, but that's way after this joke, and the jokes pretty much end right there.

>Mister Doctor? exchange
Doctor Strange does have a lot of shitty humor in it. This exchange was very much like a children's knock-knock joke. I know there are people who have praised it for being "Vaudevillian" but I also know there are people who like shitting in diapers.

>Guys, I'm bringing the party to you.
Pretty well-timed and low-key. It's a decent action one-liner. Worst thing you can say is that it's forgettable, but that completely deflates your whole point of how it "ruins the scene" and sticks out when it really doesn't. I have no clue why you'd highlight it. Were you running low on examples?

>Pretty well-timed
As Tony is saying this, a giant alien crashes into a skyscraper probably killing hundreds if not thousands. It's the definition of awful timing. He's referring to a 9/11x1000 disaster as a party. Come on man.

That's the same thing user

None of those one-liners are out-of-place because the movies themselves set themselves up to be not very serious comedic action/adventure movies. Those lines also don't take place in very serious moments of the movie. You getting upset with jokes being in these movies only shows that you don't really get what these movies are about or movies in general.

youtube.com/watch?v=hpWYtXtmEFQ
marlels forever BTFO

Civil War took itself pretty seriously before that blatantly reshot airport scene when suddenly everyone regressed back into being quiplord extraordinaires.

>killing hundreds if not thousands
The destruction in the movie isn't taken entirely seriously, and according to Civil War's fatality count, no, it didn't. You don't understand the movie's tone at all and are taking things out of context in order to misconstrue them so that you can then complain about them.

EXAMPLE: "In Predator Arnold makes a joke "stick around" after THROWING A KNIFE INTO A MAN'S GUT and also they're MURDERING PEOPLE ALL AROUND THEM. It completely ruins the scene," said a person who doesn't get movies like you.

You miss using your Mother asspain meds for your butthurt

>Civil War is supposed to be the "serious" marvel movie
>big dramatic buildup to a manufactured fight that's supposed to affect future movies and split up the avengers
>instead of making it full dramatic to have an actual impact for the audience, a "The gloves are off, no playing around" sort of sequence, have a slapstick comedy riddled with jokes and horrendous action and derivative copypasted action bits
>then reverse the consequences of the whole movie in the last five minutes

Disengenuous hack filmmaking at its finest, brought to you by fascist corporate media oligarch Disney Incorporated

>Civil War is supposed to be the "serious" marvel movie
According to whom? Because it's not. It does have serious bits in it, but they're surrounded by a vast majority of bits that are way more humorous. Quit getting wrapped up in what you think a movie is "supposed to be" and instead judge it for what it is.

>The destruction in the movie isn't taken entirely seriously
So why should I care about anything happening in these films if the stakes according the films themselves are artificial. Whatever line of thinking you choose to follow, the films fall apart. Either as tonally inconsistent or as morally bankrupt movies for psychopaths.

>So why should I care
It's a movie that doesn't take itself seriously. You shouldn't be taking it seriously, either, you imbecile.

So the answer is to remain completely passive as New York is destroyed and just brace myself for the next quip instead.

>this is a comedy according to marvelshits

>marketing for the whole movie is "GUYS IT'S SO BIG IT'S GOING TO CHANGE EVERYTHING GUYS IT'S NOT JUST A COMIC MOVIE IT'S ALSO A POLITICAL THRILLER"
>movie's actual story is built around people fucking dying and a split between the avengers that we're supposed to take VERY seriously
>but we need quips

You can't just say "NO IT WASN'T" when all the details, marketing, writing says it was "the serious one"

I'm sure you pray hard for every extra that dies, user

Because you like the characters that the movie had you spend time with and want to see them win. Contrary to popular belief, making it seem like people are going to die doesn't really build "stakes" when we all know they're not. They're not going to really brutally murder a bunch of innocent people because then the good guys lose, and they're not going to kill the good guys, so there's no caring if they dangle that over us. It's not that we want to see them win because we don't know if they will or not, but rather that we want to see them win because we like seeing good things happen for the good guys.

And before you say "well I didn't like them" just know that a lot of people like these characters so these movies are effective in that regard even if you're going to be a contrarian about it.

The answer is "enjoy watching the characters you like do fun things and win."

Suspension of disbelief is a neccessary prerequisite for watching films.

>watching colored pixels requires you believe the image they produce
shut the fuck up

How does this image make you feel, Sup Forums?

The biggest thing in the marketing was Spider-Man jumping in and making a fucking joke. It was pretty clearly not going to be a serious thing. Not to mention this wasn't the first Marvel movie. It's not the movie or Marvel's fault those very obvious signs went completely over your head, because they didn't make you eat all those paint chips as a kid. That one is on you.

One of the biggest mistakes in comedy is thinking that it's just about saying funny lines. It's not. You can't just give characters funny lines or else they all start sounding like the "funny" character ("Tony Stark").

Comedy comes from situations crafted by the writer that fit the character and his personality. Which is why you can't take a generic superhero action film and just tack on lines to the end of a shot and think it'll end up being funny.

You ignored the director and cast interviews where they played it up as a serious confrontation and a political thriller. Just because le spider was the comic focus, the other half of the marketing was "Guys this is the big one, it's important to the whole of the MCU you gotta see it"
You keep dismissing that that happened but I guess your checks keep you looking the other way
Or you're just braindamaged

Wasn't the fight supposed to be not serious? No one was trying to kill anyone, which is why when Rhodes gets hit, there's a big shift in tone, because they begin to realize this kind of battle can only be one by hurting your friends.

>listening to bullshit interviews where the cast and crew say anything to sell you a movie
That's brain damaged.

>"How they sell the movie and how the movie is written has nothing to do with how the movie is you idiot!"

>my comic book movies are for serious adults like me, yours are for children

>everyone is lying but me
Kys

Yep. As lousy as the action is in the airport scene, the jovial nature of it followed by the abrupt shift in tone when Rhodes gets injured (which is also where the movie takes a slightly darker turn) is very effective. At first, they're all friends (more or less, given that some are new/newer characters) and it's not that serious but then boom it gets serious and you can tell their friendships are going to end and their relationships won't be the same.

It wouldn't nearly be as effective if they just started off hating each other, especially when they had no reason. You kind of need to build a height to then have a drop.

What they say in interviews is total bullshit, you dolt. Or do you honestly think every fucking movie is "the best one EVAR?"

>"Just ignore the evidence, your honor, it's not real!"

Thor Ragnarok is basically what you describe. Fully comedy with little serious plot. It's pretty good, too. Works better like that.

Thor Ragnarok was more of the same and continued with the same issues the rest of the series has and I don't think I'll ever see it again

Civil War is more serious (and slightly more dark) in tone. However, the airport scene serves as a good contrast. It serves as a reminder of how things were, how these people used to be fun, carefree people, most of whom were friends, which then gets shattered when Rhodes accidentally nearly dies and is left crippled. In a way, it's a microcosm of the film itself, which is all about things changing and, in a way, maturing (unfortunately, we won't get the full effect of those changes until Avengers 3).

I'd also argue that the scene works to lower our guard a bit. Before the airport bit, the movie starts out like the usual Marvel movie but very quickly starts getting darker and more serious. The airport fight then works to pull things back and make us think "oh, okay, this is going to be another Marvel movie" only to once again switch it up on us.

Again, there's a lot to complain about in that airport scene. The CGI is just awful, the action isn't really that great, the setting is pretty boring, but it being "funny" isn't one of them when the humor actually serves a purpose in the film.

Ultimately, you're wrong for saying the movie isn't serious (it is as serious as Marvel movies get) but the other guy is wrong for not understanding why this scene works.

I agree. They went all in with the comedy. It's basically at Naked Gun level where everything is a joke. I prefer this to serious dramatic tone intercut with random jokes that feel out of place

>bullshit and lies
>"evidence"
In the interview, they say it's the best movie ever! That's PROOF that it's the best movie ever! I rest my case, your honor, because this is fucking court or something and not some dumb Sup Forums slapfight.

>(it is as serious as Marvel movies get)
In other words, it isn't serious at all. But yeah, keep taking capeshit "super cereal guise."

>>Civil War is supposed to be the "serious" marvel movie
It is.
>>big dramatic buildup to a manufactured fight that's supposed to affect future movies and split up the avengers
You're probably referring to the siberia 2v1 but what do you mean manufactured?
>>instead of making it full dramatic to have an actual impact for the audience, a "The gloves are off, no playing around" sort of sequence
But that's what the siberia fight was
>>have a slapstick comedy riddled with jokes and horrendous action and derivative copypasted action bits
...so you meant the leipzig fight? Why would this be a serious fight? That was just eye candy, it was never meant to be serious. The quips shoud hav tipped you off but they had an opposite effect
>>then reverse the consequences of the whole movie in the last five minutes
If you're referring to Cap's letter, it didn't undo anything. Why are you shitposting? Did you even watch the movie or is 3 hours longer than your attention can handle? You are the reason why JL was shaved down to 2 hours
Anyway let me help:
>Bucky kills iron man's parents
>Iron man wants to kill Bucky
>Captain wants to stop him, he succeeds
>Iron man is extremely hurt by captain betraying him (he didn't tell him Bucky killed his parents)
>Captain sends a letter saying "sorry, I know I hurt you"
>Iron man doesn't answer
>movie ends
>No mention of Iron man having forgiven captain in the next 3 marvel movies, even in the one that had cameos of both (homecoming)
The movie ended when captain broke iron man's armor, everything after that was the epilogue to close the movie. Nothing changed between Iron man's armor breaking and the last post credit scene
>>Civil War is supposed to be the "serious" marvel movie
>According to whom?
Common sense
>Because it's not.
It is.

Find a quip
youtube.com/watch?v=KGa4rE-ACCI
youtube.com/watch?v=7j3Pu_xCjMo
youtube.com/watch?v=rbMc8wbLwKk
youtube.com/watch?v=pnY4YxzQhxI

Hey it's not fair using clips of the movie to prove your point.

Imagine being the kind of person who gets upset over capeshit.

NO MORE BABY JOKES IN CAPESHIT I NEED MY CAPESHIT TO BE VERY ADULT I AM NOT A BABY I AM A MAN I AM MATURE REEEEEEEEEEEEE

GO BACK TO VALHALLA CUNT (haha)

What makes the quips out-of-place?
Antman was hurt, and instead of just saying "I'm alright" he tried to laugh it off.
Strange tried to be serious, but Mads decided to make fun of him.

uh well can you at least point me towards Atlantis?

Why is Mads making fun of him? Is that the character the film established?