ITT : Sequels no-one asked for

ITT : Sequels no-one asked for

inb4 BR2049

What the fuck is the guy from The Raid doing in that?

To be fair an ID4 sequel would be nice, but not like this. IDR was absolute garbage, boardeline Dragonball-Evolution-tier.

Blade Runner 2049

I wonder what went through the director's head that made him think this sequel would be a good idea.

>based Frank Grillo and dude from The Raid

What the fuck? When did this come out?

I like how this franchise has just kept running and nobody noticed

>it's a "I didn't get the satirical elements of the original movie at all and thought it was just a dumb slasher fic so I'm going to make a sequel slash fic but with a girl" episode

The size of that is ridiculous, the mothership in the first movie would have devastated the Earth due to its size, this one should completely rip it apart

noone cared about these with no Brendan and Vosloo

Here to remind you that yes... This is a real thing

A skyline sequel? Seriously?

SKYLINE 2 HAPPENED?

WASNT SKYLINE THE MOVIE FROM THE CGI GUYS WHO STOLE SEQUENCES THEY DID UNDER CONTRACT FOR BATTLE LA

The Chinese market must have really bailed them out hard if they managed to scrap up enough cash for a sequel.

>THE MOVIE FROM THE CGI GUYS WHO STOLE SEQUENCES THEY DID UNDER CONTRACT FOR BATTLE LA
That makes a lot of sense. There were parts of skyline I really liked but I don't even think that movie had a script.

I had a friend who loved this, like genuinely though it was on par with the original, he was really enthusiastic about it. I haven't seen him since, I can't have people like that in my life.

ooh look at how smart you are? it was a completely different movie that the studio added scenes to to connect it to american psycho

>IDR was absolute garbage, boardeline Dragonball-Evolution-tier.
If you watch it with the understanding that it's a sequel to battlefield earth its a lot better.

>I wonder what went through the director's head that made him think this sequel would be a good idea.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!

Wut? They really made a secuel to that trash? I wonder what where they thinking.

Budget was twelve million, marketing another twenty, Movie made three times that.

Thats the power of nostalgia have on people, imagine how would you feel if you saw puppet shows your whole child life and the first movie you see is independence day? i mean obviously i am pushing the example to the extreme here, but i mean to point out that the mental state you had the first time you seen a movie, even if this movie is not the best, for being the first (either overall or the first about a theme) gets burned into you then the only way to access that burn is through nostalgic hackery.
Our brain tends to dress up our memories and you add that to the fact that the younger we are the easier it is to please us then you have your friend remembeing something that is unrealistically good.
Its very hard to evoke emotions into people through any artform, thats why modern art consists entirely of shock value because its the easiest way to get under someone skin while faking being poignant, shock value, nostalgia and sexualy exploitative are the EASIEST way to evoke emotions but those are more reactions than emotions.

Lazy art work.