Image Week 3 Storytime: The Walking Dead

25 years ago a bunch of Marvel artists left the Big Two and decided to form their company, with blackjack and hookers. This company would eventually become the closest to a third competitor for DC and Marvel (lol) and the best known creator-owned comic book company out there.

Now it's time for what I like to call the Pre-Saga era, when Image was trying to shed away their "extreme" 90's self and not many were paying attention to them. There were some break-out hits, but not as much as today.

First up is the zombie story that surprised everyone, Robert Kirkman's The Walking Dead

The thing I will never understand is there have been dozens and dozens of indy B&W Zombie comics since the 90's and none of them ever took off until WD
tell me why Sup Forums

I have no idea, never been a big TWD fan desu.

Thank you for posting WD.

You're welcome. As always, only doing the first arc.

No Problem.

what do you guys think of the comic compared to the show.

I've only read the first chapter of the comic and I thought the show handled all that better. I also like Rick's portrayal more. The comic seems to be the typical comic, the show is what has all the flavor and depth that's added from the acting. Coming from someone who watched the show first, going to the comic does make it seem like your typical comic just with the idea of TWD, they seem very different. Idk, thoughts?

Dunno, never watched the show, barely remember the comic.

Maybe this has already been asked, but didn't we do this literally a week ago?

Image Week 3? I don't think so.

Thoughts on where the story is heading now post-Whisperer War? Looks like they are going to be overrun to the point Eugine is forced to ask Stephanie if they'll let them be temporary refugees while a small group attempt to clean up while Rick and Eugine go and check out Ohio.