What the fuck is wrong with us? We're grown ass adults who talk and obsess over children's entertainment...

What the fuck is wrong with us? We're grown ass adults who talk and obsess over children's entertainment. I want you all to stop and think and post why you're a broken shell of a functioning person who needs to keep an interest in children's cartoons to be able to feel validated compared to "normies" who are out there living life.

Why assume everyone here is here for cartoons? This is an odd thread.

Us? Don't lump me in with your bullshit.

Cartoons, comics. Anything that comes under the Sup Forums banner really.

You're already lumped in by posted here.

I'll admit that I only come here because I haven't developed any new interests since I was 18. I don't know anything else. And everything else work colleagues are into doesn't grab me.

I come here to validate an idea of identity as I know I don't have one beyond 18 year old me.

>obsess
Can't argue with that.
>over children's entertainment
Care to elaborate? How did you come to such thoughtful conclusion?
>"normies" who are out there living life
You really think, that those "normies" doesn't have personal issues as well, huh? Reality check, a fuckton of people are dealing with personal issues and I don't mind "first world problems".

>because I haven't developed any new interests since I was 18

That sounds like a personal problem.

There are comics and cartoons for adults.

If you're having an existential crisis because you're reading/watching too much children's entertainment, then you only need to reexamine your own activities, not lash out at everyone else.

Comics are not for children besides the kid specific ghettos. It's like how in animation the comedy cartoons are the only ones for adults.

That's the thing I don't even read comics or watch movies/TV that much, just work, try do art. Browse this cesspool (love ya all tho).

I want to know why you all keep your interest in this stuff. Not the "I just like it" what keeps you all attached to these infantile interests? Why are none of us achieving our potential??

Why do people read books? Don't they understand that doing something non-productive for 1 hour a day means that their other 23 hours will be non-productive too?

All y'all fags not giving a reason why you still clutch onto these thing designed for children.

>You really think, that those "normies" doesn't have personal issues as well, huh?
There personally issues won't include which girl from gravity falls is best girl.

We enjoy them.

And as many have already said, theres plenty out there written for Adults.

>clutch onto these thing designed for children
Again, how come to such conclusion?

>There personally issues won't include which girl from gravity falls is best girl.
Missing the obvious.

Why give a reason for a false hypothesis?

>implying all cartoons have to be for children

I only watch anime which isn't for kids, ha take that you nerd ;^)

I barely care about anything anymore
I still read comics because they remind of a time when I did care, also sometimes I really enjoy them, but probably less then half the time

Anyway OP who cares what people enjoy or don't enjoy, or get obsessed over, as long as they enjoy it
It's not your problem, unless you think it's a problem that you're too much of a basement dweller and you're asking for advice

>us

if you're an adult and you need brightly coloured characters to enjoy a story that's indulging in infantilization. At what end does this entertainment and enjoyment come to when you could be out experiencing things and broadening your mind beyond that told to your through sock puppets.

>Maus is infantile

>It's not your problem, unless you think it's a problem that you're too much of a basement dweller and you're asking for advice

I just want to drag people down to my miserable level by making them realise that they're filling a void with pointless past times, that they're running from a truth they don't want revealed to themselves.

nice to see you're on my level too.

it is if you need mice as a group of persecuted people to be able to feel empathy.

>he still think some epiphany about what is wrong with his life can save him

>implying all cartoons have to be bright and childish

I'm a grown ass man, I'll like whatever the fuck I want too

yeah but why? what are you running from?

People watch and discuss Hollywood movies, play and discuss video games and there are much less people telling them that's infantile. I don't really see how it should be different with cartoons, especially considering how these mediums share extremely many tropes. It's not like most Hollywood movies or popular video games are more "mature" than popular cartoons. At the end of the day, all of this is just stories done in different mediums.

Yeah but talking about media consumption in a sane sense doesn't give OP the responses he was looking for

It's another "I'm insecure about the things I like" thread

Go do something else if it bothers you, you can always come back here another time.

That sounds like a personal problem.

>What the fuck is wrong with us?

How long ya got?

For me I've always liked cartoons and animated movies because in general, there's been nothing else like it in live action TV or movies. That's kinda changing now with all these cape movies/tv shows. They're basically live action cartoons.

Also it USED to be that in cartoons and animated movies you generally didn't have heavy handed political bullshit, but of course, that's not the case now. Every MC now has to be female, a PoC or LGBTQRXTUVWXYZ.

I'm a broken shell of a human being because I am incapable of forming any real emotional connections of any kind and am basically just passing time until I die.

Everything is equally meaningless for me, why not spend my time in a completely arbitrary fashion that arbitrarily makes me 'happy'?

What the fuck is wrong with you, user, that you feel such loathing for yourself and the arbitrary thing which entertains you?

But adult cartoons are retarded.Too childish for adults, too adult for children.

>implying you've actually watched an adult cartoon

Thank you for sharing, if you recognise that it isn't really making you happy why do you keep partaking in it?

>What the fuck is wrong with you, user, that you feel such loathing for yourself and the arbitrary thing which entertains you?

I already answered;

>I'll admit that I only come here because I haven't developed any new interests since I was 18. I don't know anything else. And everything else work colleagues are into doesn't grab me.
>I come here to validate an idea of identity as I know I don't have one beyond 18 year old me.

I have nothing else besides this.

Cartoons are part of my life.

I'm a profissional animator and comic artist. As I get all of my money in dollars (and I live in another country), I make quite a bank.

Nothing. Really, theres nothing wrong with it. Leaving aside that there is a lot of comics and cartoons for adults, there's nothing wrong with liking, talking and even obsessing over children's media as an adult, becouse you are an adult in an adult filled world and, unless you're commiting a crime then fuck everyone telling you how to live and its the same with everyone else. Unless you're a muslim, then prepare to be stoned to death.

You think its wrong becouse you are either are

a) A actual loser without a job or friends and got burned so hard by the nearest person that was available, probably your dad, and blame your hobby for making you an unenployed and misantrope basement dweller.

b) An insecure person trying to compensate.

c) Just a shitposter.

If i had to guess i say you are either C or A, maybe a bit of both since this is obvious bait and the ""normies" who are out there living life." gives away that you are a shut in.

what keeps you interested in this medium?

Fuck off Corey Feldman you haven't had a career since 1989

what if it's B?

It appears to be you who is out of touch reality. Its a typical occurrence for losers to suddenly decide they are wasting their time by enjoying a certain hobby perceived (by them) as a childish obsession and should instead strive to "get a life" and enjoy some more mature activity for healthy well-adjusted adults. But its a mistake to blame your problems on a hobby like cartoons or video games, its far from impossible to enjoy these things and still become the kind of person you wish you were.

You might disagree, but ill have you know ive very often come by hardcore "normies", male and female, who actually watch cartoons, either as much, or even more than, i do. These people are sociable, mature, attractive adults, and watching cartoons make them no less of a person.

>What the fuck is wrong with us? We're grown ass adults who talk and obsess over children's entertainment. I want you all to stop and think and post why you're a broken shell of a functioning person who needs to keep an interest in children's cartoons to be able to feel validated compared to "normies" who are out there living life.

Why ask here when both Sup Forums and Sup Forums have the same ''problem'' and have higher traffic?

>if you're an adult and you need brightly coloured characters to enjoy a story that's indulging in infantilization.

You have to keep in mind that these cartoons are made BY ADULTS, AND they writte/draw things that THEY enjoy.

Animation is fascinating.

But it does make me happy, insofar as happiness is an actual thing which exists. I don't do anything unless it serves to improve my perceived quality of life, disregarding society's artificial social constructs.

Nothing we do has any meaning except what we make of it! The only rational thing to do when confronted with the absurdity of reality is to embrace it. As long as you perceive your time to have been well spent by whatever definition you choose to use, then it has not been wasted. Make excellent use of your time in whatever arbitrary way you choose to spend it in, with whoever you arbitrary choose to spend it with - In my case, comics, cartoons and video games, and nobody, respectively.

Will you continue to mindlessly consume the lie of greater purpose, continue to subscribe to rules, constructs and laws that have no meaning and only serve to hold you back from your freedom? Or will you take a minute to think about your place in the universe and make your own decisions, disconnected from a perspective that has been poisoned by those very same lies?

To slip our chains, we break our own hands. When everything is meaningless, freedom is absolute.

>who needs to keep an interest in children's cartoons to be able to feel validated compared to "normies" who are out there living life.
I just want watch cartoons, dude.

Im comfortable with the fact Im a deplorable human and a sorry excuse for an adult. It's part of society. We want to have cartoons and things for kids, eventually some adults will fall victim into those traps. It's like having strip clubs. Men wanna go to strip clubs, but they dont want their daughters to be strippers. Someones daughter has to be a stripper. You can't have things without some collateral damage. We're a small minority and most of us don't hurt anybody.

Nothing really, same as A and C becouse we are on the internet and i have no way to confirm anything, that's why i said "guess".

You sound like a insufferable faggot that got to his 20's and don't know how to behave.

I wanna make a cartoon and this level of analysis (wedged inbetween all the shitposting) is an essential resource for not fucking up the way a lot of shows have, i.e. making the main character upbeat but thoroughly unlikeable, having one of those shitty "character keeps framing a good character who gets the blame but nobody believes him", etc.

It's also good to see people really analyzing what makes cartoons good. My Life As A Teenage Robot didn't stick out to me as a kid, but seeing all the discussioms about its art style and color pallet is a nice confirmation that people do, in fact, notice attention to detail.

is it? I used to think so but I don't see it any more.

nothing impresses me. I feel like I've seen it all, that there's very little wonder left.

One of the fun things about animation and art is the ability to humanize "things". A floating piece of pollen now becomes a character whose journey involves him losing his flower home after getting blown away in the wind. Or maybe he's travelling? Shit, you could tell a lot of stories with just a floating particle with a face on it.

If "normal people" are allowed to have things like The Voice and whatever Shonda Rhymes shits out, I think it's okay for me to have Superman and Bojack Horseman

this almost made me cry. thank you user. I forget that even I can express emotion even if it is sorrow.

insufferable enough to keep on living to keep my suffering going. yup.

Sounds more like a personal problem than your subject of interests

A nice study in snatching the looker's attention by making the hat THE THICKEST of the lines, so we look at Wander's face first. It's also the saggiest of them, so giving them thick lines makes it feel heavy. Making the body and feet rather thin help sell his tiny, lanky body. It also prevents the details from bleeding into one another.

Sometimes it takes some trial and error to know what part of your drawing should have thick and thin lines. People often give rules like "The linework at the bottom should be thicker", but look at Wander's hat. It has thick lines all around. And his feet have the thinniest of lines despite it holding all the "weight" of Wander. It's not an absolute rule that can always apply, it's just there to help you when you're lost.

ALSO LOOK AT THAT TINY DOT RIGHT UNDER THE FOOT. IT'S A SHADOW. That tiny dot helped sell the depth of Wander's shoes to make them look like they weren't 100% flat on the ground. Just the tiniest dot.

Because

I used to be like this. how do I get back?

>PoC

That's not even remotely accurate and you know it

>inb4 muh kamala ruinz erythang

>shitposting
>expecting an honest answer

pick one faggot

I didn't realize Charles Burns, Gilbert Hernandez, Chester Brown, Joe Matt, and Chris Ware were children focused artists.

Oh yeah and that "Blast" comic from a week back felt very child friendly.

Almost every live action movie is partially animated now anyways. They use so much CG, I'm guessing that the live action to animated ratio is higher than Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

So, let me get this right. First, you make a thread ridiculing an entire medium that shows that you don't know anything from it. Then you start to project your own flaws on every poster and even every person alive that uses that medium. Afer that you reply to every post in a thirst for what? Attention? Confirmation that your flaws and problems are caused by de medium and not by your own lack of meaningful skills?

Well let me tell you something since you are clearly in the need to read anything regarding you own opinion. Whatever you thought about "your potencial" and "living life" is wrong. You don't even have a single clue about that, so stop stating your opinions so blatantly, it makes me cringe just thinking about it. Your lack of experience in life and in comics is just shameful.

>you make a thread ridiculing an entire medium that shows that you don't know anything from it.
got your attention didn't it?

>Then you start to project your own flaws on every poster and even every person alive that uses that medium.
I blatantly said I wanted to drag people down to my miserable level to make them think about the negative things in their life so they feel miserable.

>Afer that you reply to every post
Isn't that how a thread can sometimes work?

>Confirmation that your flaws and problems are caused by de medium and not by your own lack of meaningful skills
Not at all, that the interest in the medium is a blindfold to a lot of our own shortcomings. I want you all to take that blindfold off.

>so stop stating your opinions so blatantly, it makes me cringe just thinking about it
a pity that opinions make you feel this way.

>Your lack of experience in life and in comics is just shameful
is it?

>judging and dismissing an entire genre without seeing it, showing that you know nothing about it
>>>>>>

Goonies cartoon when?

So we all agree that Mighty Mouse could kick Superman's ass, right?

Have you seen the other trash that's on tv lately?

That was an awesome thread.

>implying I only watch cartoons
Guess I'm a bigger loser than you thought.

Nothing, shit for brains.

Just because you feel insecure doesn't mean you have to lump everyone who uses Sup Forums into your bubble of spaghetti, sweaty hands, and shaking.

Can you really say adults aren't allowed to like stuff made for kids when everything made for kids was made by adults?

I think he's saying that by its very nature anything animated or books with pictures are immediately childish, regardless of content.

Yeah his claim is animation/comics have an inherent infantliization aspect to them

Not particularly realizing it's his own insecurity he's projecting in an attempt to drag others down to his embarrassing emotional level

You know what they say about assumptions.

bingo,

I'm aware of it. making others feel as bad as myself would make me feel better, maybe... It's currently the only thing stopping me down a shit ton of pills.

What's "living life" for you? Why do you assume people who like these things don't have friends or a life?

Why do being an adult necessarily implies to lose the ability to enjoy childish things? Why do we should conform to the model of adulthood that the social construct are trying to force on us?

Fuck off fag, you're everything that's wrong with society

It certainly is a mindset people have when associating animation to being something for children.

Animation can and certainly has proven itself to be more than something for children. The animations that go out of their way to prove that and tell really strong stories with well fleshed out characters don't get seen a great deal. They're forgotten in favour of live action movies, a great deal of which (same can be said of animation) are garbage.

When you get to root of the issue its great film-making (regardless of medium) that is missing on the whole.

I think your issues are outside the scope of cartoons and comics.

Your dad's a loonie!

Damn that's some fluid animation.

I think you're projecting OP. Liking comics and cartoons doesn't stop me from having more "adult" interests and plenty of normies obsess over childish things. I mean shit do you think there's anything mature about obsessing over action movies, pop music, sports or cars?

>kids
>blood gore sex politics social issues

riiight

Oh, that's sad. So you're just an asshole then.

>Fuck off fag, you're everything that's wrong with society
nice knee jerk reaction. well done acting like an adult.

probably

>I mean shit do you think there's anything mature about obsessing over action movies, pop music, sports or cars

I'm at the point where I only do things to feign an identity and purpose. I think obsessing over anything is childish.

It's a lot better than the other live action shit out there. As much as I like Walking Dead and GoT or those superhero dramas, you have to admit they are pretty poor quality. Regular Show, Gravity Falls, and Steven Universe have pushed more tears out of any other media in years. Especially with plot and lore now you really get attached to these poor cute characters and want to see them have proper closure. When I watch a live action show I just see more people fighting. It just hits me more when Pops dies then say Glenn does.

Plus animation is fucking cool. Anybody who puts that much work into drawing deserves to have their shit be watched. It's an art form, not a children's play thing.

As a kid and young adult, characters like Spider-Man and Captain America were inspiring, hopeful figures, for a shy, undersized kid with two selfish, sometimes violent parents. I treated people around me gently, with kindness and understanding, like my heroes, and the morals that made them never give up on themselves, or others.

In high school, I abandoned comics, because they "were for kids," and started focusing more on angst, selfishness, and partying, to make up for that shy, weak, kid.

It wasn't until college when I realized that being alone was hard, being self-sufficient and successful more a product of your hard work, inner compass, and becoming the human that you want to be, that I got back into comics again. It's like a whole world came back to me - inspiration, color, the idea that not everyone is out to get each other.

That was 10 years ago. I'm "normie as fuck." I go on awesome vacations, I have a bunch of friends, I date women, I have a great job, home, car, and could die tomorrow knowing that I've treated people like my childhood heroes treat others.

In my spare time, I read and talk about these things, because I love them, and they made me the man I continue to grow into today. Plus, these heroes are now even larger than life in the movies, introducing them to a whole new generation. Now, when I'm out "living life," I can look down at a kid wearing a Captain America shirt, who smiles back at my Captain America shirt, and hope that he's going to grow up to be that kind of person too.

Art of any kind inspires something. My favorite is art that inspires hope.

Isn't it more childish to get mad at people becasue you expect them to completely drop something they enjoy just because they're supposed to have "outgrown" it. I enjoy things, why would I go out of my way to make an effort to get and understand things I'm not currently interested in just because it's more suitable according to some?

It's ____________a hobby___________

and how do you stop someone like me? shun me? disconnect from me? that isolation will only make my self loathing grown and I'll lash out with more intensity each time. this is an aggressive cry for help

>best girl
Do you mean to tell me that this is an actual legitimate issue
Do people here go to bed mad because somebody on the Internet doesn't think so and so is best girl

Fine, but then the issue becomes you equate liking cartoons and discussing them with obsession.
Certainly not always the case.

Never really got the dislike towards having a character that isn't white in a cartoon. Is white a default or something? I could understand if it was heavy-handed and/or forced without proper regard to a character's culture if that is something focused on (ie, "This is a Mexican character and they like tacos and Day of the Dead") But it seems like if a character is not white people accuse the show of trying to be political or "PC."

>us
>actually thinks that every cartoon ever is aimed at children

You aren't one of "us". Fuck off back to what ever board it is you are from.

>not everyone is out to get each other
yes they are.

if you don't live up to expectations of those around you, you become a pariah.

I thought about that long ago and gave up on any hope for improvement right after that.

how do we fix this? or do we commiserate in our shared self-exiled of isolation?

>muh wasting your life if youdon't spend it outside fallacy
Newsflash you can't enjoy fiction or play vidya when you're dead either

They're just as legitimate parts of life as anything else

you hate that meme cause it makes you feel insecure, like you're missing out on something, you probably are.

It can be bullshit while still making me insecure
I enjoy videogames but I don't have much else to do at the moment with no decent job in sight so I'm jaded