Can someone explain what the fuck actually happened? why does the hate it gets seem like a concentrated effort?

can someone explain what the fuck actually happened? why does the hate it gets seem like a concentrated effort?

i mean, at most, it seems like something the average person would just shrug off and stop talking about, but people act like it destroyed their relationships

it threatens disney's supremacy and normal human beings will not tolerate that

People want to fit in, it's that simple.
>Will it get me upvotes on Facebook and Reddit?
Is about as far as it goes. 'Snyder Sux,' ''BvS is the worst!' on any and every clickbait headline giving a rush of endorphins to those responsible as it inches closer to the top. I applaud based Gunn, Marvel's kinoest director, along with Waititi for standing up to it and saying enough.

Because comicfags are the second worst, Star Wars fans just barley beat them

I really liked the film desu.
the hate comes from people who too much time on their hands, in all honesty

Its crime was to not be bland and inoffensive. It had some direction, however flawed that might be.

Also, some films just get dog-piled on and critics get on the bandwagon of trying to write the most scathing review they can.

To a lesser extent, manchildren who can't deal with real life need to see "boy scout superman" to feel good and become emotionally unstable when the character is interpreted differently. Seriously, it's fucking Superman, get over it

It was decent and I thing Affleck made a decent Batman. I’m probably going to not bother with JL I’m not a fan of these superhero ensemble films I found the Avengers ones tedious.

The only people who obsess over BvS are the people who pretend to like it to be contrarian.

thats clearly not true when the most obsessive posts on Sup Forums about the film are attempting to mock it.

Look, audiences want to have fun. They don't wanna get reminded about Trump. BvS looks good, but Snyder doesn't give a shit about story or character, which is the real reason people go see Marvel movies. They give you hope.

>story or character, which is the real reason people go see Marvel movies
best joke Ive heard all day

It's a bad movie. It deserves to be shit on so WB gets it through their thick skulls they're doing it wrong.

It made the mouse extremely afraid. Opposition is not tolerated.

It's the most comic-book superhero film in ages while also being uncompromisingly honest about the humanity beneath the costumes. It's so embarassing watching other superhero films after BvS. It's like watching Seagal movies after seeing Hard Boiled.

>BvS
Dogshit
>BvS Directors Cut
GOAT
>MoS
Kino

In your dreams

>manchildren who can't deal with real life need to see "boy scout superman" to feel good and become emotionally unstable when the character is interpreted differently.

Literally this

If you make a thread and specifically say "What's wrong with BvS not including >not muh superman" they will come and say ">not muh superman" because that is the root cause of the entirety of their dislike of the movie

It was a niche film in a mainstream market. It will always get haters.

Even the "not muh" shitposters are routinely BTFO as there is ton of comic book source material to justify Snyder's take. Most of them don't even give a shit about comics. They just latch to whatever argument they must use to gain some upper hand. Very sad.

And in the end, you can just watch batman returns and get an actually good movie about that.

I prefer the BvS Theatrical cut tbqh

They have some similarities (mostly in their reception, people whined Returns was too dark) but the actual films haven't much in common. Both are good films in their own ways. One does not make the other redundant.

>Penguin funeral with actual penguins.

The third act of Batman Returns was dogshit.

Does Scarlett just walk like a retard constantly? Every freeze frame of her walking she looks like a cartoon character,

>seem like a concentrated effort

Took 2 incredibly famous decades old stories of these far older characters, and turned it into a boring, poorly written, CGI-fest, with characters that act like idiots, and a plot even less interesting then the grey on grey color scheme.

Cinematography was alright, but that's the least important part of a good movie, next to craft services on set.

>if i had more free time in my life this movie would suck
what did he mean by this ?

In the beginning there were Marvel movies, and they rapidly became banal fluffy bullshit. So the collective attitude, possibly subconsciously, became that (i)capeshit movies were inherently pointless crap, you go see it for lights and colours and quips, they can never be more than that. Otherwise how could anyone think they're good, and everyone seems to think they're good, so there must be some communal dispensation for capeshit movies to get away with being so lacking in things that we'd usually demand from a film.

Then Snyder came along and made MoS and BvS. While significantly flawed (BvS much more so than MoS imo) these movies were at their heart much more thoughtful and purposeful than what people had come to expect from capeshit at the hands of Marvel, they have comparatively sophisticated messages, there's a little more going on thematically vs. the MCU, for better or worse. So now people were faced with a dilemma.

A) Capeshit movies, referring back to (i), axiomatically can't be thought-provoking and deliberately meaningful. The idea of capeshit being more complex than good vs. evil, good guy wins, colours and lights is just beyond conception, so while DC movies appear to be meaningful they can't be, as such they must in fact be bad movies, because they don't hit the same beats as Marvel movies and the beats they actually do hit are prohibited per (i)

or

B) (i) is false, capeshit movies actually can strive to have some deeper meaning and relevance, in which case you might actually have to first of all think about BvS and MoS to see what they're trying to say and how they're trying to say it, and then retroactively consider Marvel movies in this new reference frame where capeshit should be judged on the same basis as other films, and subsequently would be found to be creatively barren and worthless. Which would bring them into conflict with the general consensus, with all the social obstacles that poses, etc. etc.

A is just intellectually easier

People hate what they don't understand.

real art invokes a reaction in humans. Love or hate.

Marvel is disposable fast food. Tastes good but easily forgettable.

>In the beginning there were Marvel movies
Nigger what the fuck are you smoking?

I think the hate it gets is mostly people trying to align with the main consensus out of being seen as rejects or basic normie fear and others who were expecting it to be a lighter, more action oriented movie instead of what we got. It doesn’t help that the MCU pretty much already established the standard for cape flicks. So people lining up to see capeshit even if it’s from a complete different subsidiary will expect it to be like Marvel.

Not MUH BATMAN et al as well.

BvS is actually pretty impressive on some levels. It’s still the blockbuster zeitgeist of the last five years. I can’t think of any other Hollywood film that captured the current decade political anxiety moreso than BvS

This post is exactly why mouseshills are pushing so hard for

>it's capeshit it's supposed to be corporate assembly-line cash in for kiddies!

Because the moment you stop seeing superhero films as just that, the MCU crumbles over and dies. You don't even need to look at Snyder's films. Just look at the moral messages of Raimi's Spider-Man and compare it to the MCU wannabe Avenger version. The difference is day and night.

>Snyder doesn't give a shit about story or character, which is the real reason people go see Marvel movies

o imma laffin

>why does this shitty movie that was hyped with 100 million dollars to be the next coming of Christ being criticized?

Gee I don't know op maybe people are simply disappointed

Was BvS a plate of poison cold diarrhea, scrapped together to look like Steak Tartare and give you food poison for weeks? And for some reason Sup Forums wont stop clapping and saying how pretty it looked?

How memorable, everyone HATED it, job accomplished

Because it's a shit show with a few good shots. The only reason I ever comment about it is because this board is clogged up with people pretending it's some great work of art that Snyder hid underneath layers of shit dialogue and poor writing.

>numale goes to see what he thinks will be typical capeshit
>"w-wait a minute, where are the quips?"
>"why is the story so dark and serious?"
>"religious allegories and a deeply layered narrative?"
>"WTF THIS ISN'T WHAT I SIGNED UP FOR! GIVE ME RICK AND MORTY WACKY COLORFUL FUNTIME SUPERHERO NOW!!"
>*gives the movie a bad review*

I've had this argument numerous times with my friends and they still can only give me some rehashed answer about "Martha". Other than that, they have nothing that Marvel doesn't do if not worse. There's no explainable reason why this capeshit was panned so hard, when there are many other capeshit movies that were much worse and had much more favorable reviews.

This is why I don't give a shit about reviews anymore, and just see whatever I think might be good.

And even paid critics become raging children when being questioned to motivate their scores past nonsensical buzzwords.

>movie is called batman v superman
>superman is fucked up
Its like making a freddy v jason or kong v godzilla and freddy is wearing a foam sports glove instead of a metal claw and kong is a giant polar bear and expecting people to go with it seriously fuck Snyder

Superman is fucked up how? You do realize Bruce is the antagonist and not Clark right?

>superman is fucked up

Explain

Nightmare Mode: don't use the words "supposed to be" or words to that effect

easily tricked and manipulated, suddenly doesn't know own powers when plot requires it, and is horrible at his actual job.

Also given approximately nothing to do 80% of HIS OWN MOVIE.

Superman is an ineffective murdering retard instead of a symbol of hope for humanity. When the chairbomb goes off he stands in the fire crying instead of moving to help people trapped under rubble. He goes to kill Batman instead of using his powers to find Martha. He dies like a bitch fighting a cave troll. Nah nigga fuck batman v superman

This. The movie should be a warning sign to everyone of how NOT to do a movie.

>Murdering retard
The only thing he killed in the movie was Doomsday, and that happened in the comic books.
>Crying instead of moving to help people
The movie takes ms of real time to show Superman being devastated not being to stop the bomb then in the next scene it shows him literally saving everyone left alive.
>instead of using his powers to find Martha
Because he wasn't listening when she was captured and can be anywhere around the world when he has less than an hour before she is killed. So he goes to Batman for with his advanced technology for help.
>He dies like a bitch fighting a cave troll
Now this is where you confirm yourself as a pleb.

>easily tricked and manipulated, suddenly doesn't know own powers when plot requires it, and is horrible at his actual job.

At which point should he have been suspicious of someone tricking him?
When does he forget his powers?
Why would you expect him to be better at being a superhero when he's still a rookie (why do you find reasonable weaknesses to be a reason to criticise how a character is written)?

>why does the hate it gets seem like a concentrated effort?
Because autistic indians and south americans lose their fucking shit if you suggest these awful movies are anything but "capekino." And that's fucking hilarious.

>>BvS Directors Cut
Changes nothing of substance