This entire show looks cringy as fuck, especially the ghostbusters montage

this entire show looks cringy as fuck, especially the ghostbusters montage

so explain what exactly happened in episode 7 and why its so much worse

>entire show LOOKS cringy as fuck

so you haven't watched it yet have formed an opinion already? classic.

the show is alright, not as good as normies make it out to be but worth watching. ep 7 comes right after a much more action oriented ep 6 and totally kills the pacing of what they had going. and for what? really poorly written "find yourself" scenes. ultimately adding up to nothing.

it's ok, the punk episode was probably the best one but the peach is grown I guess.

It's a fine show but will be forgotten in a couple of years, that is if they let it finish.

>massive "everybody's about to die" cliffhanger in episode 6
>episode 7 took place days earlier, featuring half a dozen characters we've never seen before and will never see again

>looks
Why would anyone be interested in the opinion of someone who hasn't even seen it?

>u can only be a critic if you meet these specific standards

not exactly, but you at least have to have seen the fucking source material for crying out loud.

Has nobody here watched early the Cosby show?

Denise and Theo used to bring their multicultural friends over all the time to show off their dance moves and fashions.

This is what it looked like.

>you have to be mentally deranged to hang with black people
dont you love equality?

Jesus Sup Forums has gotten retarded.

Looks as in visually. They're shitting on the fashion.

Caspere knew this

Not true. They'll bring those characters back in Season 5 or Season 6 when the some of the core cast members start to get out of the price range/move on to other projects.

Even if you were interested in meeting Eleven's Rainbow Friendship Coalition, nobody wants to see that shit immediately after the Gorgon containment breach

It's Walking Dead tier "Who died in that battle? Tune in next week to find out... what Tara's been doing in lesbian town!" shit

>calls Sup Forums retarded by using powers of autism to over analyze

ah, please never change

>It’s a tv contrarian retard episode

To be fair i never said i wasnt retarded.
But look at adventures in baby sitting.
This how the "youth" dressed back then.

hired female writers. Check IMDB for who wrote the episode....

>fuckwoman

>Will never watch it again after they killed off Samwise Gamgee

I thought it was great, especially Kai Greene

>80s nostalgia continues with an episode referencing Escape from New York
>everyone hates it

baka

I hope those characters won't be important in season 3, but I feel like they will be.

but you misunderstand the entire point of the post. sure they say the show "looks" stupid and that has something to do with the style but immediately after that they say "explain exactly WHAT HAPPENS... and why it's MUCH WORSE" meaning the plot of the show.

stranger things is a love letter to 80s childhood culture and movies done really well by people who clearly care about and understand the tone and style they are going for.

this episode felt like it was written by someone who never existed pre-2000 and this is their idea of "punk" 80s with of course tons of 2017 diversity since thats just how things are these days. i like the idea of more psychic children, i like the idea of el finding herself and deciding to go save her friends, but this was horrendously done. sadly i feel this is the direction the series will inevitably take in the future, i thought season 2 was good but if ti is what adding more psychic kids and 80s cliches from beyond the small town is gonna look like and where we are headed this will suck.

also not often complained about but i'll add it, 008s powers can royally fuck up the series by doing things like make us THINK someone died and then surprise it was just 008s illusion powers! its the same problem with fucking mystique being in every single xmen movie causing soap opera level "it wasnt really him it was mystique again surprise!" moments which suck ass.

never add super powers which can fake out the audience this hard, it comes off cheap and opens up a pandoras box of fan theories (think the faceless men in game of thrones) that cant be refuted cause the super power is pure deception, theres no way to guess it. imagine "brenner returns but is it just 008 making el THINK hes back!?" this being a possibility for everything from now on if this character comes to hawkins will ruin the show.

Standards such as "having seen the thing you're talking about"?

But that's my point.
Everyone is saying they didn't watch it.
They did.
They're saying punks in the 80s didn't look like that.

I think there's potential in season 3

I honestly feel like it was a secret pilot episode to test the waters for a spin off show like Supernatural did a few years ago (people didn't like it so it never happened). People seem to not like this episode either so I doubt anything will come of it. Probably just a cameo appearance.