JSA Storytime: Wildcats 3.0

Good evening owls,

odds we hit edge tonight: 1

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20170214013008/https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/02/13/dc-comics-no-longer-publishing-batman-vs-marshal-law-the-pat-mills-panel-from-the-2000-ad-40-years-of-thrill-power-festival/
twitter.com/andykhouri/status/831311087156940800
fantomcomics.com/blog/2017/02/13/2016-review-comic-book-shop-talks-comic-book-sales-trends/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>bald blue Grifter
For what porpoise?

Have you read the lettered preview of the Wild Storm?
The thread got shitposted up fast though

>Are you the same user who wanted more Ciji in REBELS?
>>When C.C. met Ciji
No, that was me. I keep thinking of the Geass witch whenever I see Rendozzo's name.

Whoever it is that keeps impersonating me is a faggot but OP is a bigger one.

uhoh

you're here on time, sugartits

Hello, Storyteller.

The Wild Storm preview is fucking long.

>A black woman using the name Voodoo weirds me out.
Dude, that's pretty tame. Remember Shamrock, or Gypsy? Also, black is arguable what with being half alien and all.

I hope they're keeping her exotic dancer background because honestly, even by current standards the 90s stuff was not dismissive of her for it or playing it solely for tits

There's also mention of a Clinton Foundation fundraiser (in context being an awful experience), which is guaranteed to rustle some jimmies

It's just been a torrent of shitposting on Sup Forums since the Bill Sienkiewicz thread desu. Some folks got butthurt.

Christ, that dialogue is so painfully Ellis

Secret Empire is going to be impossible to discuss because any thread related to Spencer seemed to break out in a fight between fascists and anti-fascists, and about "ethics in Nazi-punching"
Mods seem to be asleep since this thread has lasted for thirty minutes now

AWWW HELLS YEAH

>The endless bad dream I have instead of a real life.
I would hope Ellis isn't high on his own juices for the whole thing, because his books were he is tend to be pretty fucking bad. And we already have Rucka's indulgency.

Moderation is really slow on Sup Forums these days. You can experiment by posting NSFW stuff, it usually takes a few hours for anyone to get around to it.

I don't mind it so long as they keep it tasteful.

Also, has Pris always been that tall? Cause damn.

What a shitstorm.

lol

I saw some angry posting on Twitter about how people who like HydraCap are just dismissing the women who critique it by saying "have you read it?", but all the big critiques I've seen have just been of the very idea and not the execution and I actually want to read the latter

>were
where

So The Lazarus Contract. Kinda wish we had a consistent artist for it and Fastest Assassin Alive does not sound very Priest-stroke like

>Fastest Assassin Alive does not sound very Priest-stroke like
maybe not but it sounds fun and Flashstroke costume is pretty rad, so I'm looking forward to it

bottom left corner is one hell of a reaction face

I always wondered if those gimpsuit dudes are supposed to be metahumans or not.

I'm very wait and see on it. I hope there's some keikaku

The BEEF BOYS?

Fuck that crossover but at least it's just for one month. Bringing in Teen Titans is retarded as fuck.

I'm actually kind of excited for it. I've fallen so far behind in my Rebirth reading, but that is making me want to catch back up quicker.

Really I'm just hoping for a LoSH Rebirth announcement sometime. I miss those LoSH storytimes.

Recently DC Comics republished Marshal Law as a collected volume and it did well enough for DC to approach them for a crossover, Marshal Law Meets Batman.

Pat Mills and Kevin O’Neill created a preliminary proposal for DC that was approved, that outlined their conflict, but a change at the top saw DC Comics pull the plug but as Pat says “you can imagine what Kevin had in mind” with the story of an alternative Earth with Marshal Law killing, many different Batmen from across the dimensional realities and piling them up. Which does seem a little like recent Superman plotloines – but with the antagonist and protagonist.

RIP

web.archive.org/web/20170214013008/https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/02/13/dc-comics-no-longer-publishing-batman-vs-marshal-law-the-pat-mills-panel-from-the-2000-ad-40-years-of-thrill-power-festival/

Apparently Empress showed up in a book? I've basically stopped following all the Rebirth stuff besides NSM and Deathstroke.

BEEF BOYS are such a thing. A thing that exists.

So bored of Judas Contract Titans junk.

Finally read last weeks New Super-Man, great superhero comics. Hope DC lets it run.

LOL Bill. That is great. Man you look away for a few hours and you miss a ton.

Batgirl Annual and April's Supergirl are where it starts.

Also that Ben Rubel kid is a Legionairre dammit

Emerald Empress? She was in JL vs SS and she'll be in Supergirl soon

I want to see New Supes in a JLI setting

oh Griffles

Thanks senpai

Putting the start of an arc involving relatively obscure characters with a loyal fan base in two books that aren't doing great, is frankly dirty as hell.

Wait, so Grifter had his own minority replacement too? That's great! You're one of the big boys now, Griffles!

so how are you owls

Sad.

Thanks user

good and you

My allergies make me sad at the world.

Reading the first few issues of the 2015 Lucifer series, and feeling my blood pressure change with every new page. How can one person get so much wrong, so quickly.

twitter.com/andykhouri/status/831311087156940800

Wonder what comic he's referring to

okay, this is pretty fucking funny

Well the Batgirl one isn't a big Thing, the plot is Batgirl and Supergirl team up and infiltrate Arkham.

Empress is on the cover of that Supergirl issue though

You re a big fan of Wildstorm, right?

It's where they'll find Saturn Girl

>so how are you owls
Watch_Dogs is a piece of shit, and Aiden Pierce is an even bigger piece of shit.

?

I've seen people say 2 is stupid fun and I want it to go on sale or something

A comic shop does some in depth analysis on their sales and revenue, fun stuff fantomcomics.com/blog/2017/02/13/2016-review-comic-book-shop-talks-comic-book-sales-trends/

Quite well, actually. Excited about starting classes again, excited about starting the Storytime again, excited about that one project. I don't want to get too excited but, obvious stuff aside, this could be a pretty good year for me.

Not that big, no. I've still got some holes I need to cover.

we're a bit slow tonight because I am trying to hack up a lung :|

I see, so they're gonna run in to Imra, presumably. Hopefully she'll explain why she's been willingly hanging out in Arkham of all places, especially when, realistically, she can just leave whenever she wants.

is that new?

It's fan art. Well, professional fan art.

it's just fanart that the artist whose name I"m blanking on did

Never played Watch_Dogs, eh? Well, it's actually rather similar to a Joe Casey story. Nothing happens for long stretches of time, there's a vague semblance of a theme that gets dropped whenever possible, it's edgy for the sake of being edgy, and the writers think their antihero is in anyway likeable despite being a goddamned monster.

I need a fucking break from all this depressing bullshit.

Oh, bless his heart

and not in the "fuck you" way, either

Greg Smallwood. Marvel lucked out on him, he's truly incredible. Went from crappy try hard discount bin fill in artist to one of the best at the big two right now.

I want to know the site. BC?

I tend not to play vidya that takes, like, reflexes and shit

I'm here to manage my party and fuck you up with strategic magic

Moon Knight, right?

Spartan was so damn OP in this series. Its funny he never really does much with it. In v2 it looked like he was really struggling to not run around as a superhero. But now its the opposite

Yeah the guy on Moon Knight. His run with Wood looked like ass and then in such a short time he became god tier on the Lemire run.

I realized a bit late we should have read v2 first, but again, we're doing this just because of the National Park Service

>Well, it's actually rather similar to a Joe Casey story
Cool meme!

I always wonder what some books would have looked like if they weren't on super-tight deadline

It's interesting how Nguyen's art is becoming less Charest-like per issue.

I think I might die laughing if Joe Casey ever did actually come to Sup Forums

we know so many people lurk

I'd like some (well written) depressing fiction. real bored of light and "fun" and shallow shit.

can I interest you in the novels of Thomas Hardy?

He's too smart to come to Sup Forums.

So at this point in time, Spartan was also rocking pretty much the full power of Void

Sure, what do you rec?

Hoshit, Casey is working on a new series for Lion Forge called KINO!

MEME MAGIC
E
M
E

M
A
G
I
C

Then go read the first half of 5 Years Later and cut yourself. Then cut yourself some more once Giffen leaves and the Bierbaums turn it into bad fan fiction.

Tess is the classic, also Jude the Obscure

he's writing three fucking books for them

and SEX, and that America book

this dude needs like four Valium, now

for a while scans_daily was reading and commenting on SEX, but I dunno if the person doing it has kept up

I like 5 Years later under Giffen. I was talking about some current stuff.

I'll try em.

>writes a book called KINO
>writes a book called SEX
>writes the better America Chavez ongoing
>triggers the fuck out of feminists
Is Joe Casey /ourguy/?

Fear Agent
t. unapologetic Remenderfag

lol

Hardy is very, very well written but it's grindingly depressing tragedy in the English countryside, so be forewarned

Alcoholism!

>>writes the better America Chavez ongoing
Has that even come out?

I hope vol2 explains why Sparta. Is such a goddamned stiff in this book. Or maybe that's just how Casey writes him.

Gotta say, it got old around issue 5.

>talentless
>thinks he's much smarter than he really is
>edgy
Yes, I would say he is.

No.

You know what gets me about that? How all those idiots didn't get that Sienkiewicz was just challenging someone to beat Trump to the punch with that Gordon Gecko Wall Street dick move arm yank dominance handshake thing. That's not fucking assault.

>Ten issues in
>Has contained three issues' worth of content
That's about as decompressed as the current WW run