HOLY SHIT

HOLY SHIT.

THIS IS GONNA BE AMAZING.

adultswim.com/videos/samurai-jack/

Video with Tyler Bates and Genndy, shows off a stupid amount of new footage.

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!pF4nUIAT!926Qk_wdq37sUW3_DTLzsCPdZmIiWdAhduukRKI1keI
youtu.be/YBJ0OiiTM_o
youtube.com/watch?v=fE5LVo6DyqE
youtu.be/VSrv_n4tw7w?t=15s
youtube.com/watch?v=Ha_isgcGZC0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

HYPE

I'm fucking hyped man.

Please somebody post the dang Behind the scenes video on Google drive

mega.nz/#!pF4nUIAT!926Qk_wdq37sUW3_DTLzsCPdZmIiWdAhduukRKI1keI

HOLY SHIIIIIIIIT
I need to calm my hype levels

all the background art is sexy as fuck

F U C K O F F
U
C
K

O
F
F

Holy shit, that music sounds gorgeous.
Also, am I the only one who keked at Genndy's musical direction?

Nope, he's his own hype man, it's hysterical.

It's been a while since I've seen a creator so invested in his own work.

>that last musical piece

Thank God some else noticed. I fucking adored that one; if that's what we can expect from the music on the new season I´ll be even more hyped.

I really liked that too, but the skeleton dude was distracting as fuck. I kept expecting him to move.

I AM SO READY

Well, user, we don't know yet that he won't.

It was really interesting but I couldn't help but laugh at how they are ranting the whole time about having music tell the story and not using filler and the only actual song that we are meant to hear gets immediately played at the same time as them talking.
Whoever made the trailer was a dink

Fucking adorable

There is something so charming and humorous about watching a 47 year old man do his own sound effects while watching his creation

(Me)?

This isn't a trailer, it's a featurette. Completely different approach.

I want an alternative commentary audio track on the blu-ray that's just Genndy beat boxing the sound effects and music.

Remember to buy the bluray you faggots.

We need to show that this kind of thing can make money. This is a chance to see more risk in TV animation.

that whole scene was just incredible, when i was watching the whole featurette i was constantly saying holy shit holy shit holy shit

Can't do; Eurofag.

Warner Bros. Blu-Rays tend to be region-free more often tan not.

What he means is he's too fucking poor to afford a $20 expense.

In Europe, there is no hope. Once, they had potato, but potato is gone forever.

Also, I´m from Spain. We're the second shittiest country in Europe.

Unless you count Eastern part of it. Then you are not even in bottom ten.

> spoilers

you could pretty much tell from the trailer what the plot of the first episode or two would be.

Serbia, nigger.
You're far, far away from the shittiest.
Fuck, I'd love to live in Spain.
Tell me user, what could possibly be so bad there?

By the way, anyone else worry that the ending will be unsatisfying? This is the last we will see of Jack.

You know, now I feel like a dumb jackass for not remembering Eastern Europe. Let's just leave it at second worst of Western Europe and I think that approaches reality far better.
Anyway, basically massive corruption in every form of enterprises, both public and private, general stupidity, rising poverty, unemployment, anti-intellectualism... Basically as if a third world country sneaked its way into Western Europe, put on some fancy clothes to make itself appear better than it is and then took roots in one spot to slowly rot. That's basically Spain.

About your question, I´m worried too about Aku's death (or not). I wonder if they´ll go for the "FUCK YEAH!" effect or if they´ll stick to something sadder, quieter and more solemn. If it's well executed, I don't really care which one they'll pick.

He isn't going to get back to the past, is he

>back to the past Samurai Jack

he is going to __________________________________________________________________________________________

Well, the comics end with him creating a brighter future. I'd prefer that.

nah, "gotta get back, back to the past" is not there for nothing. Comics are not canon too, so Genndy will take a lot different approach in my opinion.

I realize that, but it might just be a red herring. I mean, the series is built on this. Also, Jack said Aku destroyed every possible way back, the only direction is forward.

I hope he doesn't. It'd be a much stronger ending.

Some people are saying that his "gotta get back" line is about getting back to who he was.

Shieeet mang, I'm hyped as fuck

>2000!
What did she mean by this?

makes sense

Genndy sounds different than I thought

> tonight
> you

Am I the only one hyped that Tyler Bates is doing the score?

Dunno man, I really liked the original soundtrack. I'd like to see Venable again but well, whatever

>alien girl communicates with electricity
>that last musical number

fuck i`m just too hype
they better release the ost for this show afterwords

I want him to. Jack's been through a lot of shit, it'd be nice to see him win.

Post best music from the original series.
youtu.be/YBJ0OiiTM_o

HNNNGGGG

Electrikitties are for hug

Electrikitties are for fug

Gentlemen, please
You can hug and fug them at the same time

my poor heart. Thank you genndy-sama

youtube.com/watch?v=fE5LVo6DyqE

Probably is, but he's going to get the same fate as the viking warrior lava golem he defeated: When his task is done and Aku is dead, he also shrivels up and dies.

>you will never have a shy confession written to you in electricity

>Jack has to defeat Aku in the future before he can go back in time
>Raises an army to defeat Aku
In the very final confrontation between them Jack repeats the Aku's narration from the opening back to Aku
>"Long ago in a distant land you Aku,the shapeshifting master of darkness unleashed an unspeakable evil..."
>Killing Aku after "Now I have found a way to return to the past and undo the evil that is Aku!"
>Jack returns but in doing so the 50 years he has lost suddenly return to him
>He finds himself in the past as an old man, unrecognizable to those he left behind
>Upon meeting his parents again they will ask him who he is
>"They call me...Jack"
>The story begins again

>can make an ending
>doesn't make an ending

Typical Genndy

This ending doesn't sound so bad. It's the kind of bittersweet I like.

Always loved the dialog less scenes in Samurai Jack. Glad to see Genndy still giving music the respect it deserves

Have a lovely screencap.

Upon re-watching the show, I've noticed that it's BETTER than I remember it being. I can appreciate just how many risks they took, all the pacing, the animation, the different genres they attempted.
Jesus fucking christ, this was awesome as a kid, but as someone who understands both how animation works AND how cutthroat executives are, this show is fucking amazing, there's no dip in quality anywhere. Yeah there's a couple of bizarre episodes, but they still did them correctly and didn't half-ass them because they could have been filler.

Granted, the episodes aren't exactly all that continuity filled anyways, but nothing feels like it wasn't necessary. Even though, upon reading the descriptions I expected the episodes to be a miss for me, I was always pleasantly surprised in those cases.

Anyone else discover just how much more they can appreciate it these days?

Too many robots though.

I also 2nd this request

Eeeehhh, What's that supposed ta' mean?

Same man. I just started rewatching it and I forgot how fucking good the first episode was. That sequence of Jack training as a kid was so masterfully cut together. It's just made me even more pumped to see what they can do with no leashes.

Would be cool if they showed up again for the final episode instead of just being your standard one-offs.

>Thank
>You

I love this already.

THEY'RE JUST ROBOTS MORTY
IT'S OK TO SHOOT THEM

That last music piece with Aku's daughters in that coffin room was fucking awesome. Easily the most emotion-inducing piece I've heard involved with Samurai Jack. I hope that's the norm for this season.

>that last piece of music

When the FUCK did you have potato? Potato is from America.

I watched Samurai Jack when it first premiered when I was 14. 8 years later I was able to watch it again and truly appreciate. It's truly a masterpiece. The crazy thing is, I think Gendy is going to surpass himself with this new series. He's a fucking genius.

spending hours to edit this

I still think that Hammil would do a much better job voicing Aku than Baldwin.

HANDBANANA NO!

>hasn't even really heard Baldwin's Aku save for a very short laugh in the trailer
>doesn't want Mako's understudy
>wants Cuck Hammill
>Aku with the Joker's voice instead of a decent impression of his own
>"much better job"

B E G O N E

were can we hear new aku?
can you time stamp the video

>spoilers
>in samurai jack
Does that really matter? This series isn't about twists and drama. 95% of the stories you know how it's going to end. The ending of the series was pretty much written episode 1. Did that change the effect of the series?

unrelated to the video, baldwin did all of aku in fusion fall already

You are fortunate indeed that Aku is the only subject worth spoonfeeding you
youtu.be/VSrv_n4tw7w?t=15s

>cuck
opinion discarded

SAMURAI JACK
BACK TO THE PAST

I really wanna know what the episode into is gonna be.

I reallly, really want to see the new intro.

>it's the same, exept the "woosh" sound is replaced by a gunshot.

muh heart

Gotta get back
Back to the past
Samurai Jack
BRRAP BRRAP

The bit where Genndy is beatboxing the music to the composer reminded me of one of the jokes in the opening credits of Garth Marenghi's Darkplace.

>Music by Stig Baasvik
>Based on melodies originally whistled by Garth Marenghi

>rae sremmurd

Early morning checked and kek'd.
You're alright user

Will we get a soundtrack release?

>unrelated to the video, baldwin did all of aku in fusion fall already

This?
youtube.com/watch?v=Ha_isgcGZC0

7:46

I made a webm.

And I made a cheap gif.

>you

Maybe in the first episode, I also expect Aku's narration to change.