Do japs like Jack?

Do japs like Jack?

Or is it that they never heard of him?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=63MEREmY_Hw
youtube.com/watch?v=RXI2tkdzNA8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

We really needed another samurai jack thread, thank you.

Boy are you going to be a sad sack in the coming months if you're starting this early. Good luck.

Probably have no clue the character exists unless they are raging westaboos.

I'll take them over yet another Steven Universe, Loud House insect-bait, thicc, cartoon waifu-bait, weeb VS. western, DCEU defense, Marvel gangbang, or ironic meme show thread.

True, that shit is far, far worse.

We get nothing but "muh maymays," company wars, "where do I start," furfaggot, and waifufaggot threads. Having people on board with something based like Samurai Jack, with much of it actual discussion, is refreshing.

Oh no, it's starting already.

It's only a matter of time till someone unironically says "Samurai Jack is the new MLP" or something along those lines.

Only clip in Jap I can find
youtube.com/watch?v=63MEREmY_Hw

Who did the japanese dub here?

>only 13 results on pixiv

i guess not

i know a dub of powerpuff girls aired in japan that was apparently popular enough to justify PPGZ, but idk if any of cartoon network's other shows from that era ever caught on like it did

Samurai Jack is to Japan what Kung Fu Panda is to China. It's not super popular because they have a thousand stories about silent, badass, honourable samurai wandering around defeating evil. In a culture built around samurai stories Samurai Jack brings nothing to the table they haven't seen before; unless you're an animation nerd/storytelling nerd in which case seeing your culture through the lens of another could be interesting, but most people aren't.

Dude, Kung Fu Panda is huge in China. He's basically their Micky mouse in terms of popularity.

>He's basically their Micky mouse in terms of popularity.
No, that's Iron man.

Samurai jack is the new MLP

You're saying that ironically. Doesn't count.

>Not Shrek

No, I wasn't joking.
RDJ is like a national hero in China for some reason and has a whole section of their Disney land dedicated to Ironman.

But China cofunded Kung Fu Panda 3

You have to go back.

This makes me think-

Why don't we have a hundred western shows with cowboys and shit?

I guess our equivalent is inner city stories or something.

Heihachi's VA.
Also Jack was voiced by the guy who voiced Gyro in JoJo and Zamasu in DBZ.

Baka Samurai

No that's Jojo

I thought Steven Universe already took up that mantle, since a lot of rockfags are former bronies myself included

Do you want more Friday party threads instead?

>Why don't we have a hundred western shows with cowboys and shit?
Are you actually retarded, user?

You're welcome

Burgers over-saturate every fucking genre they ever take interest in until nobody can stand to watch it anymore.

We did have a shit ton of westerns. But then they died out from the mainstream once the 50's were no longer relevant.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

The Japanese version of Toonami had it.

youtube.com/watch?v=RXI2tkdzNA8

(You)

The Japanese liked Jack just as much as they liked PPG (Not that new crap) when it was out. Which was a lot.

Same shitty flash animation art style, so yeah.