Is Archie really that popular? Can't say I'd ever pick up an issue and read it, let alone watch it in live action

Is Archie really that popular? Can't say I'd ever pick up an issue and read it, let alone watch it in live action.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/HDNhyU8U
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Only thing worth watching on CW is iZombie

maybe they should work on actually getting a fucking issue of afterlife with archie out in the next 4 years

>not watching Riverdale

And Chilling Adventures

They should continue their fucking MegaMan ongoing... I miss it so much.

>Is Archie really that popular?
Archie seems to be largely a comic for people who don't read "Comics." It's an established icon by this point, but most of its sales nowadays come from things like digests and other comics sold in nonstandard locations.

>tfw archie bet everything on riverdale and it didn't completely flop so they'll be able to operate for a few more years at least
I mean I won't watch it but I'll support their horror stuff. They should bring back archies weird mysteries or another kids show that shit spooked me as a kid.

I can't speak for other countries, obviously, but Archie is a pop culture icon in the States that people know about Archie, Betty, and Veronica even if they don't read the comics.

I mean this is the third or fourth live action Archie property isn't it and the fact that they're getting more shows is pretty telling.

Only time I see archie is when it's sold along the magazines in checkout at supermarket.

>Riverdale didn't flop

Fuck.

me too.

The first thing that came to my mind is that the only reason WB would be doing this is to try and get into Archie's good graces so that when it comes time to sell the company, they'll just hand everything over to WB instead of being courted by Disney.

Eat shit Boco. Riverdale is actually decent. Why haven't you killed yourself yet?

Too chickenshit.

Who doesn't read Archie? It's fucking Archie. You grab a double digest and you're guaranteed something good that you've never seen before.

I'll kill you boco

Thanks.

archie looks like a douchebag
it will probably sell with girls aged 14-45

It's the jacket, isn't it?

>Douchebag
>Not a qt 3.14

Glass yourself.

Archie's ubiquitous. Everyone knows Archie. It's existed since the beginning of man. The Lascaux cave painting features a redheaded neanderthal trying to wrangle a three-way with two indistinct figures.
The reason we're seeing so many Archie spin-offs like this is because it's ubiquitous. Everyone knows what Archie is, everybody knows the formula. The characters have all become archetypes. Regular Archie is good to burn some time in the grocery aisle, but outside of a few people it's not a regular buy.
So they're playing with the characters, putting them in weird and edgy situations because the setting is immediately recognizable so they don't need to do much to establish it. People already have a baseline knowledge of it. You can do a zombie apocalypse story and you don't have to introduce the characters, you just need to present them.

No way, Riverdale should go on for years and years. It's terrible now, but imagine how unwatchably awful it'll be when we hit season 11?

I can't wait for the Transgender, Transracial Archie and Snakekin Reggie plots of season 5.

>s Archie really that popular?
not really, CW is popular for keep alive zombies

Well, it's on the CW so it's gonna go on forever.

>flop
>in CW

Nice job pulling a Twilight meets Fifty Shades of Grey

STOP NA NA NA WOOO

The comics were for little kids but now they have like an alt Archie universe with PC pro gay stuff.

I was reading the Wiki synopis and Reggie isn't even a main character ... da fuk?

I wanted it to flop and take the whole company down with it.

Damn shame.

They still might lose the Sonic license, so there's that.

>I wanted it to flop and take the whole company down with it.
>You will never be this petty

Fingers crossed.

if ended like Star wars that after all Disney just arrive and cock blocked everybody

>and other comics sold in nonstandard locations.
Which is where comics should be sold, rather than at quickly declining specialty stores that can barely keep afloat.

we will still have Ian flyn and co as freelancer in the new editorial

Blame WalMart. They dropped comics after some mom bitched about a bloody issue of X-Men.

Yes he is. He has his own book even.

Oh please. That's like saying 60 years ago that something isn't for kids because it has a black person in it being treated equally.

It's not so much that the Archie comics are particularly popular as it is that the CW audience skews heavily toward teenage girls. And teenage girls will eat up all sort of shit (supernatural stuff, capeshit, etc.) provided it has cute guys and relatable(?) girls and relationship stuff.

If Twilight were a TV series instead of movies, it would've been on The CW.

It's a kid's series. I read it as a young girl because my slightly older cousin read it and had the digests laying around. They don't care about direct sales to, say, adult Sup Forums goers. Riverdale's aimed at teens/young adults who liked it when they were younger. They can bank on nostalgia indefinitely.

don't complain about the news. just be happy they got the deal. this means the company is financially stable now and we'll be getting based sonic comics regularly again

So is Riverdale on Netflix in the US as well as CW because it is here.

They should just make the sonic comics closer to the Mega Drive book they put out

CW has their own app and service dedicated to the U.S. In other regions (like Canada), Netflix bought the rights to it

pastebin.com/HDNhyU8U

don't give the clickbait any more page views.

and Jane the Virgin

Remember that time their Archie married life comic's release schedule became super erratic ultimately leading to its cancellation which they handled by dropping everyone's character arcs and just abruptly killing off Archie?

Ah that doesn't exist here so that explains why it's just on Netflix

I like Riverdale desu, I hope it gets renewed.

Do you live on Earth? CW could broadcast a middle finger to their fans for 42 minutes and there would be still be hundreds of thousands of smutty fanfics about how much girls want to get banged by said finger.

Why can't they just make this an original show? Why does it have to be based on Archie? It could very well be it's own franchise that shares similarities to Archie but isn't Archie, but no, it's got to be "If Archie were just another TV drama". Because all prime time soap operas have to be based on previously existing franchises and be "If [insert franchise here] is a prime time soap opera"

this show is garbage. the only thing "good" about it is that the actors ((((kind of))) look like the characters. they did a botch job on Archie's hair dye though

This is actual dialogue from the show

the writing and dialogue is absolutely horrendus

This is fucking great.

Make more.

Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa (Archie CCO) wrote the first two episodes which are more campy, while someone named Yolonda Lawrence wrote the third episode and her writing was clunky as hell. Writers of the next few episodes are different.

They're from newsarama I think.

Comics Alliance. They have a weekly Riverdale review that includes the images. I think so far there's only the 4 that have been posted already.

>Why does it have to be based on Archie?

Because Archie wants to get that sweet, sweet TV money.

Fuck off, Boco. Nobody wants you here or on Sup Forums.

People know what it is and at best it's good for a chuckle and cute art.

Not yet but the CW and Netflix have a deal that has it appear on Netflix immediately after the season airs. It's pretty neat-o.

false equivalence my feathered friend

I just want that Jughead beanie dang it