What the fuck is happening with WB,DC and the DCEU?

>On the latest episode of Collider Movie Talk, host John Campea stated he has heard from three separate sources involved with Warner Bros. over the last four days that Affleck is looking to leave the role of Batman. Along with a warning to take what he’s heard with a grain of salt, Campea said:

> “Ben Affleck, make no mistake, he wants out. He doesn’t want to be Batman anymore.”

>Campea went on to say his sources tell him Affleck is in discussions with Warner Bros. to get out of his deal to continue playing the character, which includes The Batman, but if a deal cannot be reached in time, the solo film will be the last appearance he makes as the character.

>Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment president Geoff Johns have been quiet throughout this entire process, which only fuels speculation about what, if anything, is actually happening behind the scenes of the film. For the sake of Warners, the DCEU, and fans, hopefully Affleck will play Batman for years to come and help boost the DCEU to new heights, but for now must wait and see how the situation surrounding The Batman unfolds.

I want to belive this is just a publicity stunt,how they can be so incompetent? at this rate de DCEU will be cancelled by next year.

Other urls found in this thread:

screenrant.com/batman-ben-affleck-leaving-role/
screencrush.com/suicide-squad-false-rumors/
youtube.com/watch?v=PETk8eBbfN0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

OP here,forgto the link:

screenrant.com/batman-ben-affleck-leaving-role/

This is the eighth thread about this rumor in the past two days. And I'm probably under-guessing that number.

It's only a rumor. Not only is it only a rumor, it's a rumor that even the rumormonger himself says is unsubstantiated and possibly an outright lie. The only reason people are giving the rumor any credence, as far as I've seen based upon past and present discussion, is that they outright want to see the DCEU fail.

There's already a thread and also clearly a rumor to kill the hyped after the good rumor of Matt Reeves directing The Batman. Some people will make up bullshit because they want the DCEU to fail.

>On the latest episode of Collider Movie Talk, host John Campea

this just a Collider intern shilling their stupid podcast, sage and report.

Yes we saw that post too OP.

this

Then why WB and DC is letting this get spread and hasnd said anything?

Because most movie companies don't respond to unsubstantiated rumors good or bad. Marvel does the same thing.

I wish all movieshit threads where exiled to Sup Forums or given their own board

I used to not give a shit, but THIS

if the rumor held no truth they would prod affleck to deny on social media

>John Campea
>Ever being relevant
the dude thinks Arrow is a good show

Not going to lie, I want it to be true, and I want the DCEU to fail. Why? Because I want WB to fucking learn from this. I want them to start over fresh and maybe get it through their thick heads that too many cooks spoil the broth. Stop micromanaging, hire decent writers, and actually listen to people with comic experience. But the chance of that happening is slim.

>they outright want to see the DCEU fail.
>because they want the DCEU to fail.

It can't fail if it was a failure already the whole entire time

oh, wow these replies are legit and not bait at all, don't sage the thread or anything, this one is a thinker

DCUE is still making WB enough money to continue so it's consider not a failure.

>The only reason people are giving the rumor any credence, as far as I've seen based upon past and present discussion, is that they outright want to see the DCEU fail.

I never get why people assume most posters actually feel this way (aside from obvious trolling shit) I never wanted the DCEU to fail, but they have, 3 times in a row. Hopefully WW and JL turn it around, but if they're the same quality as BvS and SS then good riddance to this dumpsterfire they've created.
I sincerely hope that whatever they try after these next 2 movies finally lands with fans and general audiences.

That will dry up if the next two films fail.
Fantastic Four 2005 made great numbers in sales thanks to an aggressively strong ad campaign. Rise of the Silver Surfer was pushed just as strong and didn't do nearly as well because you can't fool the audience twice.
Another example is how Batman and Robin hurt sales of Batman Begins. Audiences will only put up with so much crap before they pack it up.

>Hopefully WW and JL turn it around
Wonder Woman is dead on arrival. Its release date is horrible considering the competition its facing so its only hope is a strong second weekend. Not to mention Gadot's acting, the plot details thus far, and WW1 period piece setting are not too encouraging. Justice League could go either way first week, expect a big drop the following week though

JL won't. Even with bad reviews it will still make money just like SS made almost 800 mil without china.

Start hearing people with comic experience??

Fuck you, that's the problem, a hack like Johns, his screenplay apparently was terrible, he pitched cyborg as the greatest nigger in comics, the movie died and then cyborg killed the flash movie, he also was hired as consultant and writer in Green lantern, and what do we got? He did jack shit, only tried to put parallax in so the siniestro corps would be in the sequel and he would get sweet rights money. He put deathstroke in the batman movie. Comic writers are not good at all making movies, Johns is a fanboy, a retard that took the ww writing gig for himself even though he never touched a wonder woman comic before 2014, it's well known how much he dislikes batman, but instead of writing flash, he choose the 2 better paid gigs for himself instead of bringing someone else. Nerds can't make movies about the shit they like.

Why Americans are so triggered by the ww1 thing?

The problem with Johns is that he only knows how to write certain characters, like Flash and Aquaman. Regardless making him the top consultant was a mistake from the start. Something like this, you need a think tank.

Or they just ignore it. You can't stop the rumor mill mate. All you have to do is say "I heard from a insider that Cavill shoved a Bowling ball up Gadot's ass" and it spreads everywhere in a few hours

And Deadpool did the same, beat it and had an R rating. Also I'm not sure Hot Topic the movie is a good measure of how many are seeing what is viewed as the squeal to BvS

Because they were barely involved

They're not going to start over, they're going to do what they did with Green Lantern and deem Wonder Woman, Flash and Superman as box office poison, and we'll continue to get nothing but Batman movies for all eternity.

Because it was a political clusterfuck and a hell of a lot more complicated than WW2. More movies are made around the second conflict because you can actually put a "face" on the enemy i.e. The Nazi's. Most don't have much confidence in Wonder Woman handling the subject matter appropriately and expecting "hurr durr evil Germans!", not to mention Wondy herself was originally written around WW2 but we cant do that because of the Cap comparisons. Making the film a period piece was just a dumb idea, and its basically a 2 hour explanation as to why Diana sat on her ass for a century

>And Deadpool did the same, beat it and had an R rating.

Deadpool was a fucking freak. Doing a bit worse than it isn't a failure. I mean if you take away the China money any Marvel film not featuring Iron Man got soundly beat by Deadpool

The JL scenes they release for comiccon already got the mainstream audience more excited. The reason why BvS fail to make 1 billion wasn't because it was a considered a bad movie by critics, it was because it didn't appeal to a mass audience. No parents could take their kids to it and the rest are just a bunch of people that watch Comic book movies prefer dumb popcorn movies with quips . If JL has marvel tier humor(which it looks to be) with a simpler block buster action plot like MoS, not to mention appearance of new heroes, then it already has a good chance to be a better success than BvS.

You just got to love people's eagerness to perpetuate negative things about DCEU, even when there's nothing to back them up. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy at this point.

Yes, just like the Suicide Squad reshoots were just a rumor, or how Ben saying he won't direct if the script is bad was just a rumor.
Oh wait.

BvS was a 10/10 masterpiece. No amount of shilling will remove that fact.

Oh man those reshot rumors were great. There's still retards who act like they reshot the whole thing and prepared a trailer in two weeks

Have you read a Geoff John's Batman comic?

It will make you want to slit your throat.

So you can imaging had had the script it.

Which one is that again?

The Joker is Jason Todd

Harley Deadshot sex scene

Bruce is actually Slade

These niggers need clicks

screencrush.com/suicide-squad-false-rumors/

Earth one Batman is not bad, fag boy.

If it fails then DC movies should be left alone for a good five years or so. Most people are sick to death of reboots by this point.

if it fails everyone involved in decision making should be fired and blacklisted from ever working in Hollywood again because if you can't get movies featuring Batman & Superman to work and make money you have to be retarded and have no business being in the movie business

>Anyone wanting to stop being Batman

Feige needs to save Ben.

What Marvel role should Ben play?

Nighthawk or Moon Knight.

>The JL scenes they release for comiccon already got the mainstream audience more excited

Seriously? I see no hype for the movie or WW.

Daredevil

Capeshit has been dead since before Iron Man 3
DC hasn't made a good movie since Bane

dunno man, affleck was so heartbroken for the fucking failure of live by night... and that movie was shit... steamy and all. so i think he is not thinking clearly and might be fucking blind and stupid, so my guess is yess he will leave.
the same shit than the jl trailer, if there is no news and fucking soon, and by that i mean tomorrow or fridays top im leaving this stupid expresss lame universe

DCU is kill, everyone jump ship!

if they fail with justice league again, they should do a soft rebooth with a crisis on infinite earths film. it should be like

> include every character from their films and shows
> replace anti monitor with dr manhattan
> make the current jl line up team up with arrowverse, nolanverse and even make brandon routh show up as both superman and atom.
> make cw flash sacrifice himself and merge all the universes into one
> keep all the good characters, erase the bad ones from existence

It was the thing everyone was talking about. DC has jokes and isn't grimedark anymore. DC is finally learning from Marvel. The it die down because there hasn't really been anything new. We got to see Mera and some set pics but they haven't really done anything else. Wait for the new trailer and it will blow up again.

>DC has jokes and isn't grimedark anymore
But all the jokes they showed were terrible, I'd rather they keep it grimdark and pretentious than turn it into an unfunny comedy.

>Make a crossover film a dozen times more crowded than Infinity War
>The cast has an over-representation of ex-Batmen
>Continue pissing off Alan Moore
>Kill Barry
Fuck no.

>The only reason people are giving the rumor any credence, as far as I've seen based upon past and present discussion, is that they outright want to see the DCEU fail.
You're too caught up in your company wars and shitposting. Most people are upset the DCEU is doing so badly. Everyone wanted a good DC cinematic universe. These threads are an outlet for people discuss what went wrong and if it could have been fixed somehow.

Clickbait rumors or not, I truly believe Affleck wants out after Solo Batman. .

or maybe they should just stop making capeshit altogether

at least I can find their incompetence funny, but after 2 1/2 hours it gets old fast.

> the rest are just a bunch of people that watch Comic book movies prefer dumb popcorn movies with quips

Fuck quips, it was a shitty movie despite its flashy visuals, and most people caught on to that.

I also find it near diabolical to title a big summer blockbuster BATMAN VERSUS SUPERMAN, and advertise it with cereal and toys, only to make it unwatchable for kids.

>>Kill Barry

just the cw one. but don't end the show like that. this could be a way to show how the flash vanishes in "crisis".

>But all the jokes they showed were terrible
That's what the marvel audience wants. And the marvel audience always gets what it wants. Expect more marvel tier jokes in the new trailer.

>Collider

Eh, those fags can't write an article about the Scorcese's Silence without shitting on BvS.

>The weather is really nice today. Unlike Batman V Superman, which is an abomination upon nature like somebody raped celluloid and BvS is the child of that rape.

It's like Snyder was a prom date for that whiny little bitch Goldberg and he ditched him on prom night.

It's all about making money and funny sells

Or maybe WB just doesn't even know how to do simple and fun either.

Let's be cereal. The target audience for all these movies is children

>Fuck quips, it was a shitty movie despite its flashy visuals, and most people caught on to that.
I don't believe that because the big complaints about the movie from the average movie goers were mostly "NOT MUH ______" And topping it off with buzzwords like, no humor and grimdark.

When DC isn't trying to be Marvel it sucks.
When DC is trying to be Marvel it sucks.
Conclusion, DC sucks.

Yes, Rebirth has been a complete and utter travesty when compared with the likes of Civil War II. Truly DC will never hold a candle to Marvel.

I blame WB.

NOT MUH is sort of valid criticism when it's applied to an adaption.

>Obviously referring to movies
>"Y-yeah. Well t-the comics are b-better
Grow a pair, pussy

WB has been trying to be Marvel the whole time. Don't kid yourself. There was no big cinematic universe in the works before Avengers blew up the box office. They might be different in tone, but they're only aiming for one thing - MCU billions.

Nah, It's just popular to hate on the movies. Marvel makes the films that mass audiences want to see. Stupid unoriginal, mindless movies with no depth that are aimed at children. So if anyone deviates from that, it gets shit on. Watchmen got decent reviews because of the time it came out. When serious, dark comicbook movies were all the rage. if it was release today it would be lower than BvS on sites like RT.

desu they should just have arrowverse black flash fuck up the multiverse and just start over with the DCTV seeing as it's the least worst

Sales wise Marvel makes far more off comics and movies than DC so yeah,Some sorta candle

>Dismissing the actual comics in favor of movie adaptations
>In the Comics & Cartoons board

Not in the context of these movies tho. Comicbooks have always been different from writer to writer and the movies are not doing straight adaptions of the source material anyways.

and maybe have a "batman meets batman" kind of scene like this one in justice league animated.

youtube.com/watch?v=PETk8eBbfN0

>Implying BvS and SS aren't some of the most stupid mindless blockbusters to come out this decade.

People sure hated on TDK too. No fuck off, the problem isn't being dark or trying to be more serious, the problem is failing at it and making shit movies in the process.

So you like it that I made your favorite superhero a heroin addict jazz-critic who's not radioactive?

>bringing up the comics in a discussion of the movies
never mind. you need a brain much more.

>but BUT MUH MARVEL BRAINWASHED EVERYONE

I rewatched the Watchmen Directors Cut recently. Say what you will about Zack Snyder but it was pretty impressive just how faithful the full movie was to the original comic. Even with a three hour runtime there were so many little details that would be hard to include.

They held me down and forced me to enjoy their movies

No but WB has clearly failed at making the audience on board with their interpretations of these iconic characters.

They waterboarded my cousin's wife's son until he laughed at "uhh, I don't see how that's a party".

I'll admit it would be pretty fun to see Ben Affleck and Michael Keaton as Batman and old Bruce.

If RDJ and his army of Disney executives weren't in my room and pointing an array of loaded guns at the back of my head in this very moment, I too would be praising BvS as the masterpiece it was.

What I like makes no difference. It's not a fair complaint to say that a character is bad because I'm bias toward the version I'm familiar with. You have to judge things on their own merits. Ledgers Joker is nothing like Nicholsons. What if I said his joker is bad because of that. That would be bullshit.

>impressive just how faithful the full movie was to the original comic

This. Watchmen got decent reviews because it was a decent Snyder movie and very well casted.

It doesn't change the fact that what they are put in out is inferior to "muh". People only complaint about it when you offer an inferior product, there are too many examples that show it.

The Dark Knight is not an adaptation of the 1989 Batman movie though, your analogy is limping terribly.

True, a character is bad when a character is bad. But we're clearly supposed to be excited over Batman and Superman fighting each other because they're BATMAN and SUPERMAN - two of the most recognizable American icons of all time. Batman did not have his own introduction movie because WB knows the audience knows and loves the character already.

or christian bale. considering keaton will be in the next spider-man film, he won't be available for a dc flick now.

I would argue that the problem is making EVERYTHING dark.

WB/DC have had the problem of "make everything batman"

If you want to directly compare it to MCU you'll notice that MCU tends to be completely fine with having totally different tones for movies. GOTG wouldn't work if it was directed like Winter Soldiew, Luke Cage only works because it leans so heavily into being the blackest, etc

the current DC cinematic universe fucking sucks, they need to start over completely or just stick to animation and DCTV

And the New DC movies are not straight Adaptions of the comics/past movies/ or cartoons. You judging them on by that way is bullshit. The NOT MUH ___ complaint is bullshit. You just proves my point.

DCEU movies have so far made only modest profits and are not the cash cows WB wants. WB as a business needs them to make Avengers money.

Barring the giant squid and things related to it like the island of scientists the movie was pretty damn close. The full cut actually went so far as to include the subplot with the two Bernies and the Tales of the Black Freighter comic.

No user, these movies are based on the comic properties. Look at how much BvS pulls out of stuff like TDKR or the Death of Superman.

I don't believe that one. As if anything could be fit in her bony non-ass.