twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How is everyone doing tonight?

>nipples
RIP OP

I'm sure I'll be fine user.

THICC

bless ye Dan. Best comrade a down-on-his-feelings guy could want

Did you need to talk about it user?

It ain't much. Me boss ain't happy with me and I'm getting impostor syndrome real bad. Or just low self esteem. Not sure how you tell those two apart.

I know it seems like it isn't a lot user but every struggle we go through is important to us, it might not seem important to others but it can take hold of your life. I think user you need to try and take a step back and look at what you have accomplished and see that you've likely accomplished more than you think, and more than many other people. It won't come all at once but maybe just try and do it.

What do you mean by "imposter syndrome?"

Remembering this happening to me once when I was a kid, felt awful about it.

It's commonly described as people not being able to internalize their achievements and unjustly feel like a fraud.

Thanks Dan. You're a great person, you give me a more hope for this world than I had earlier today. And I never thought I'd find it in some comic book Sup Forums forum of all places.

Give it a google sometime - it's basically a pervading feeling of "I was hired/chosen/etc by mistake, I don't belong here, I'm a sham who doesn't belong in this position, I'm not an expert I'm just faking it, etc" Apparently very common in STEM positions

No need to thank me user, it's what friends are for! If you ever need to talk feel free to reach out to me.

Pppsssssh you're gonna remind me about all that I have done and then downplay your own great attributes. You're a funny guy, Dan. It's past midnight for me and I should get some rest before work tomorrow, I'll finish this one off over lunch break. Thanks again Dan.

Have a good night user!

Thanks for reading!

thank you Dan!

I first learned about Hubert from reading the comics blog Comics&Cola. This was the site's interpretation of this scene:

>This series of events leaves him perturbed and unable to draw, leading to the third, most significant encounter. He accepts an invitation for a drink from his neighbour, Mrs Vandermeer, whom we have previously seen him avoid. Both understand that this is a euphemism for sex. Mrs Vandermeer appears to be around his age, confident and smart. When she disrobes and lays in bed, Hubert stands at the door fully clothed, repulsed and again inert. Gijsemans depicts his gaze deconstructing her in small, tight panels of body parts: a breast, a thigh, an arm -much as he deconstructs Manet's Olympia, and finds her wanting. He leaves. He chooses to retreat to his fantasy. Hubert's unhappiness doesn't just derive from his expectations not being met, but his inability to adjust those expectations due to fear.

When I read this page, and that passage of the interpretation, I couldn't help but compare this comic to 'waifuism' and those threads about taking photos of waifus next to candies, pastries, fancy dinners, or the characters' canonically favorite foods. Of thinking that 3D women are "pig disgusting," of preferring to project their romantic desires onto an idealized character instead of an actual person, with all the flaws, shortcomings and risks that entails. Hubert saw those perfect paintings and statues, and then he saw an actual woman in the flesh, and could not reconcile them in his head.

Anyways, sorry for the rant. I just couldn't help but think of that comparison.

Thanks, Dan! You introduced me to Beautiful Darkness, which fucked me up! Good job!

Hubert (2016) (digital GN) (Minutemen-dask)
sendspace.com/file/8x2vyg
uploads.to/8fzaoi6xm33s

thanks Dan.

It's a fair deconstruct of what happens to people like that. You don't start idolizing fictional women because you have so many real ones in your life.

Man, that was great.

I agree, Hubert had many similarities to hardcore waifufags.