The Legend of Calamity Jane

Does anyone here remember this show? I was only about like 1 when it actually came out, but I ended uo watching the whole series in 1 night. It's the single most underrated show in cartoon history.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kCwRRkfJnRc
youtube.com/watch?v=o7W4QD4ez9I
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Go watch Cybersix.

I wish they'd at least go the burn-on-demand route for this. There were quite a few WB shows that have fallen into oblivion.

If we're comparing obscurity, everyone talks about how underrated Cybersix was. No one talks about Legend of Calamity Jane.

Talking about C6 being the most underrated. We'll never get the full version of the intro song either.

anymore obscure cartoons

I remember watching it when it aired and liking it.

Where'd you steal it from?

I wonder how the real Calamity Jane would've reacted to her cartoon portrayal.

Fuck I remember watching that and a cartoon about Davy Crockett.

why are fiery girls the best?

At least Cybersix got an official DVD boxset. Granted, it costs about $40 on eBay these days, but it's better than nothing.
>no Legend of Calamity Jane boxset
>no New Adventures of Zorro '96 boxset, aside from that puny "Volume 1" DVD they released a while back
Why do WB hate western cartoons?
youtube.com/watch?v=kCwRRkfJnRc
youtube.com/watch?v=o7W4QD4ez9I
Probably kinda ticked off that they made her pretty

Oh shit, I remember that Zorro cartoon! The theme tune was so badass

It was an interesting premise that never took flight.

It's kinda bizarre just how small of a footprint it has.

It is pretty good, saw the episodes that were uploaded on youtube.

Kinda fucked up knowing that there're two more that are entirely lost, unless you find the links in whatever swedish/east european language they're.

how did you get out of your containment board.
>away! away!

Love the shit out of this show.
>dat Die Hard in a manor ep
>dem "chocolate men"
>dat wounded episode
>dat John Wilkes Booth episode
>dat season finale

Why was she so pale?

Being white wasn't illegal back then.

Is there a Mega?

Kek'd.

I have no memory of the show itself but I have memory of thinking Calamity Jane is an awesome name, long before ever coming to Sup Forums, so I can only imagine I came across at least one episode in my childhood

It was the first and last thing that studio made. It's a shame.

Yeah, it was pretty heavyhanded with its "message". Like in the first episode or one of the firsts where they are hanging someone and Jane says something about only white men lie for personal gain.

it's what you do to make generic characters look more unique, just like Batwoman

She's really dedicated to her Black/White/Red color scheme.

The first episode, yeah. That one was super fucking rough. I much preferred a later ep, I think four or five, with the family, the indians and the black cavalrymen. Still preachy as shit, but at least the preaching there is "people sometimes act like aggro assholes out of fear of losing what they have", which at least is a slightly nuanced theme.

i always find this show try hard to be hardcore

Ginger soullessness.