Why do so many people love Starscream? I mean I love him too, but for what he is...

Why do so many people love Starscream? I mean I love him too, but for what he is, but why do many people seem to think he's like a badass who should be respected?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DUAlN80LBnc
youtube.com/watch?v=JZ5Vr4HxXUw
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Personally, I find the combination of being a little shit and being overly ambitious endearing. I want to cheer him on until he suceeds! but I also want to see him screw up royally in the way.

Which is how I feel, but every now and again I come across some Screamer fans who are convinced he's just the best thing since sliced bread and it's a slight to his character whenever he eats shit, WHICH HAS ALWAYS been his character

i watched starscream toast because of this thread.

the only reason i watched michael bays transformers was to see if they included the "youve failed me for the last time starscream" i was not disapointed

Cool design
Unique motivations compared to most other characters
Powerful, but a fuckup, leads to interesting scenarios and a depth of character

I would be the worst boyfriend because I love to see Starscream suffer but I love him

I wouldn't call him a badass, but he really is the most deadly of the Seekers, believe it or not. He's not second in command for nothing. That's not why I like him though.

I've always had a thing for cruel and vain villains. Starscream, Cobra Commander, Prince Lotor, Kefka, etc. I find them the most entertaining: The haughty sneer, the arrogant posturing, and even the way they're often put in their place. As a kid I always found myself rooting for them to get one over on the good guys. And Starscream is one of the classics. Oddly enough, despite being my favorite transformer, I fucking loved his death scene. So cold blooded, and a perfect way for him to go out. It's kind of lame how they kept bringing him back. Gotta be willing to let a good character go.

this
You're making the mistake of letting other people affect your enjoyment of something.

He didn't say he hated Starscream because of the dumber elements of his fanbase. He only acknowledged their existence, unless I am mistaken.

>His smile and optimism: Gone.

>it's a slight to his character whenever he eats shit

those are also the same people that claim that SS doesn't deserve the way Megatron treats him, so they can eat a dick.

I love how he completely disintegrates. And how nobody gave a single fuck afterward. Okay, he's dead, moving right along.

youtube.com/watch?v=DUAlN80LBnc

How are y'all liking Starscream's current job?

He was a cool guy.

Starscreams got his Armada design now? k

all he needed to do was kill all his friends and get batshit
he's talking to an imaginary Bumblebee now and thinks of befriending Windblade so he can kill her too

I loved Starscream because he was the embodiment of a glorious bastard, in the middle of a Impatient Coffee Drinker flip out. In the middle of an entire show full of calm yelling, bombastic overacting, and lasers everywhere, Starscream stood out. He was the one who was there to keep Megatron on his toes, including if Megatron ever stubbed his toe then SS would try to claim the leadership of the Decepticons. His claims would run from the silly to the perfect, from innocent to evil, from heroic to Blackadder. The first Blackadder. The writers could lay it on thick, and Chris Lata could dish it out. Starscream was a walking archetype that you didn't really have a category for, just a vauge grouping of "he's a snake in the grass."

Nah, he's since switched to the more classic Combiner Wars design.

I like that he's slipping up and now just openly talking to ghostbee with others around him.

youtube.com/watch?v=JZ5Vr4HxXUw

>Holy shit he's bonkers
he's not the leader Cybertron needs, but he's the one Cybertron deserves

>Fighting head up against Devastator or Bruticus
Shit, I didn't remember this. Starscream had more guts than I thought.

Starscream was originally supposed to be an over-ambitious but otherwise competent warrior. He was good at his job, but still not clever enough to snatch power away from Megatron.
The problem was the G1 cartoon took all this but also made him a sniveling coward.

I don't see it as a problem. I didn't mind that he was a coward and a bully. I think it worked, right up until he was blasted to ashes.

If he hadn't been such a little bitch when confronted with someone stronger than him, I don't think his dynamic with Megatron would have worked as well as it did. They played off of each other great, it was part of his charm.

But then again, if that little spat with Devastator is any indication, he wasn't always a coward. Although foolhardy ain't a whole lot better.