Would You Watch This?

I'd watch the shit out of an animated version.

mixcloud.com/ivan220973/jeff-wayne-musical-version-of-the-war-of-the-worlds-full-album/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5TMay9vYoPQ
youtube.com/watch?v=xu5SEyYyH0I&t
youtube.com/watch?v=JHKVnfizUHk
youtube.com/watch?v=8YQGQjDo2Ck
youtube.com/watch?v=MyRWl_1baMA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I would play the video game

I need a War of the Worlds RTS where you have to manage and protect a choir along with your troops for buffs, debuffs, and troop generation.

That'd be cool, especially since you'd be completely fucked in any direct engagements.

Sure.

I'm glad I have it on vinyl. Found it at my local record shop pre-owned for 12.99.

Tied with Pink Floyd's meddle for my favourite prog rock album

Of course, that's one of my favourite albums

Though to be perfectly honest I don't think it would work very well as an animated work mostly because of the constant narration, it's obvious that it was never really written with much of a visual medium in mind so that would throw off a lot.

>You will never fight the Martians aboard your torpedo ram.

F-farewell Thunderchild

I love that album. An animated movie would likely trim for time, and therefore cut out too much. I'd imagine it a cross between Art Deco and Art Nouveau, and the first Heavy Metal movie's Taarna segment.

It's always a sad sight seeing a ship go down.

I don't think modern world could do it right.

Don't bother it was crap

Are you guys shitting me right now?

youtube.com/watch?v=5TMay9vYoPQ
youtube.com/watch?v=xu5SEyYyH0I&t

Press X to 'no, Nathaniel'

One of my fav albums as well. And I think if it's done in the style of Pink Floyd's The Wall it would be great.

>tfw no movie set in the book's time period
>tfw no movie with the book's martians
>tfw no movie with ulla

>a revolutionary book, shitty movie and fantastical musical
>no animated miniseries

I'd love to see it in Genndy's style

There was supposed to be a CGI adaptation back in 2005, but all there that exists for it are test footage of the Tripod.

Well there's this
youtube.com/watch?v=JHKVnfizUHk
It's uh
It exists

>ulla
pleb, the book has aloo

wait no fuck me I'm wrong it has both

I got the game before the soundtrack. It was kinda fun for those intros and weird units - and of course the music - but damn was it unbalanced. It was like whatever side you were on was automatically weaker. I'd switch around the savegames, sabotage everything then switch back.

Look how chill our sailors look!

I fucking love this.

I want to replay it one day

First album I ever owned

I'd love an animation of it

Pretty patrician for a first album

That sounds dangerously modern, artilleryman.

I don't understand why the human war machines would have three legs too.

We need more vidya about War of the Worlds in general.

Imagine a Thunder Child naval sim.

Burton did that in Mars Attacks. But with yodeling.

They made one though

youtube.com/watch?v=8YQGQjDo2Ck

I just turtled the hell out of Northumbria and then built up my economy to steamroll those Martian scunners.

The book is great too, fucking read it.

youtube.com/watch?v=MyRWl_1baMA

Jeff Wayne's designs are cool and all but they just don't really click with me. Post god-tier tripods.

Objectively best incoming

Yeah I can really picture him doing the Tripods justice. All stark and jagged looming out of the fog.

My Father would play it on Halloween every year.

Why would they want to fight us?

To take our women.

>ib4 thread pruned because not Sup Forums

As much as the rest of the movie was a pretty poor adaptation I have to admit Spielberg's take on the fighting machines was top-tier, and surprisingly accurate to the book with the exception of the heat ray being build into the tentacles rather than a held boxlike device.

Forgot pic

We don't need another War of the Worlds movie, we need something different.

A tripod that looks exactly like how Wells described it would look goofy though.

compare this

It was the first adaptation that made them look like they were actually some sort of organic machine. And the sound of their horns haunted my dreams for awhile afterward. Also the first destruction sequence where they blast people to ash and Tom Cruise just gets covered in what used to be people, walks home and just flips the fuck out when he looks in the mirror and finally accepts everything so far is really happening was just harrowing.

Also, top-tier Williams score.

to this

Excellent taste, that would certainly work.

The second is more of a generic ayyimao but with tentacles, the first, while goofy as Hell, does look like a being that has long surpassed the need for limbs to move itself having used machines for so long.

The main problem with bringing an accurate Wells tripod into a movie is that Wells tripods were written to be basically unstoppable by 1890's technology, but thanks to WW1 birthing a golden age of weapons experimenting and developing they would be complete jokes in a few decades.

It could work with a work set in the original 1890's England of the book, but they'd need to be severely updated in any movie that takes place in the modern day (see 1950's and 2000's adaptations where they now have shields and explosive super lasers instead of just heat rays)

>Compare a quick pencil sketch to a detailed painting

Has anybody read this? Came out last month.

He'd make such a beautiful cartoon out of this

Isn't it only described like, once though? And the description is pretty vague at best.

We're never getter a better version than the spielberg one user.

Could we get a sotrytime?

They're described as hooded cockpits on top of three massive legs, with many smaller tentacles, one of which holds a large camera like device (the heat ray).

Besides that the only other description we get is that they look more organic than mechanical, and that all the later newspaper tabloids that depicted them as stiff, rigid, and slow moving device were quite wrong.

As said earlier, Spielberg's design is one of the best.

God fucking damnit, The Eve of War still gives me the creeps. Listened to it when I was a kid and it still haunts me.

it's /lit/, not Sup Forums.
and I just can't get into Steven Baxter books, I just don't like the themes he's writing about.

THE CHANCES OF ANYTHING COMING FROM MARS ARE A MILLION TO ONE HE SAID
YES THE CHANCES OF ANYTHING COMING FROM MARS ARE A MILLION TO ONE
BUT STILL
THEY COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Post god-tier tripods.
>(posts something with four legs)

shit anonymous you had ONE JOB

1. They squirt green smoke out of the joints.
2. One of the tentacles has a nozzle for spraying steam.
3. They have a cage of white mesh on the back for capturing humans
4. They are described as organic in behavior, not appearance.

Thunderchild will always be my go-to-name for any military vessel.

>and that all the later newspaper tabloids that depicted them as stiff, rigid, and slow moving device were quite wrong.

The narrator's aside about the tabloid depictions were specifically added by Wells for the novel as a fuck you to all the terrible art that showed up during the initial magazine publishing run. Even the more accurate ones with the Doc-Ock-style limbs are a bit silly as they took the hat=hood, googly eyes and heat-ray that looks exactly like a camera instead of camera-like shit literally. Spielberg definitely nailed it.

I like the idea of being able to see the ayys inside the vehicle.

>It could work with a work set in the original 1890's England of the book, but they'd need to be severely updated in any movie that takes place in the modern day (see 1950's and 2000's adaptations where they now have shields and explosive super lasers instead of just heat rays)

I find it interesting that War of the Worlds has never been something chained to its original publication era for adaptations, unlike other genre books like Dracula or Frankenstein(and I know there are adaptations set in the1800's of WoTW, and adaptations of Dracula and Frankenstein set before and after the 1800s, but still). I wonder if the Orson welles radio show played a hand in that.I would still like a proper high budget 1800's adaptation of the book.

I've had this song stuck in my head all day ever since I saw this thread.

don't have a picture of them, but the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen version is my personal favorite design for both the "Martians" and their technology

>Abridged
yeah nah

They made an animated war of the worlds sequel which featured a remix song from this.
It kinda sucked.

They reverse engineered the tripods.
Alternate timeline.
Once again: It kinda sucked.

>I need a War of the Worlds RTS
Play as the scrin in C&C3.

I'd like to see an animated version of this.

from what I remember that one kinda stunk(like most Elseworlds honestly), especially since it ends with Superman dead

I liked it. Was some of my first comics.

I scrolled to your post exactly as the lyrics came on. Absolutely perfect timing

B-but that's just Independence Day fucking attack on Titan while listening to WotW.

UUUUUUl-l-l-l-l-LAAAAAAAAAAAA

NO!

Well, what's wrong with a faithful adaptation?

ulla

UUUUUUUULLLLAAAAAAA

>tfw no open world survival time period WotW game
>night time, red weed faintly illuminates ruins of buildings and desolate fields
>you can see silhouettes of fighting and handling machines in the distance, made visible by burning villages
>a flying machine slowly appears from above the clouds
>run away from it's searchlight, you won't be able to outrun black smoke when it sees you
>hide under a tree
>tree starts moving
ULLA

It would be an one time experience, but it would cream myself if it existed.

The novel is survival horror as fuck.

Made me think of something like that, coming out of the safety of a forest or tall meadow or something and seeing a whole convoy of Martians laying waste to everything in sight, heading directly toward you.