Smart cute girls

Daria should of kept this look, I know it's not her, but come on she's cute as fuck like this.

(Low key Daria Thread)

Minor spoiler for Season 1 of the new Voltron series.

she looks plain as fuck without her glasses, the kind of character listed as 'Girl 4' in the ending credits

People act like looking good is something you're either born with or not, buuut that's not the whole truth

Sure, some people are naturally amazing looking and some people naturally look like monsters, but most people are in the middle. With effort you can look anywhere from decent to great.

But the problem is how much effort. Where do you draw the line? Consider the model: while I'm sure there are some who manage to get by on high metabolism, good bone structureu, and a penchant for cocaine, if you're not one of those genetic freaks there is an amount personal management involved in professionally looking good that is comparable to any other job. It is a potentially bottomless pit. There's always another imperfection to take care of. This also means a considerable financial investment, if you're really serious about it. Fashion doesn't come cheap, unless you're a gross hipster. And that's not even getting into the potential minefield of plastic surgery.

The human body is in a state of constant flux, which for people who are really obsessed with how they look, can mean a potentially unsolvable puzzle that they will have to struggle with until age ultimately breaks down their will to keep fighting as hard.

Some people choose to avoid this fight altogether. I respect that choice.

i like Daria the way she is too but I like the skinny girl with brains look more.

this was unnecessary user

nothing 'w wrong with looking plain, yoo pink haired tattoo sleeved bearded clown.

Yeah! You tell that person whom we cannot see! I bet you totally got him. Why, I bet he's nervously checking his windows as I type this. He'll think twice before volunteering his opinion 'round these parts.

don't you fucking whiteknight on my behalf you mysterious stranger

Too late, I've rescued you from text. You owe me a blood debt now.

Best Peanuts girl

lol. Fuck I can't remember the girl's name that always had a Crush on Charlie. (I swear she's a lesbain)

Peppermint Patty, and she was thirsty as hell for Charlie Brown so prolly not a dyke.

every gay man I know has a crush on a girl
every gay woman I know has a crush on a guy.

More than likely I could see Patty as the type of woman who liked him the most but later on found her "true nature" type deal.

Both Daria and Jane showed that they could easily fit in and be popular if they tried. But they value honestly speaking their opinion (being cunts) more. Also Maintenance is hard work.

Throughout highschool, maintaining a look was really easy. It's all in just dressing what fits you and keeping a lowkey nerdiness about myself honestly

I've not really took daria and Jane as cunts so much as general smartasses who see the world for what it is. Retarded.

they also didn't wanna alienate their few outsider friends by acting like the people they so frequently bonded over mocking

>as it is
>retarded
Yep, from the perspective of a teenager who thinks he's the smartest person in the world when in reality he's just a little smarter than average.

>dressing in what fits you
>maintenance
No, that's called not going out of the house naked. What I meant is clothes that make you look good and make-up.

The series was good because it didn't idealize. Daria was just another dumb teen who thought she was better than others because she tried to not conform.

I can see that. She wasn't someone who wanted to conform to others but she didn't mind people.

Like how we see "normies" and then "nerds" in a matter of speaking. I sort of see myself as her with the way she thinks. I dress the way I like and what I do so when something popular comes around, if I like I don't mind. She on the other hand would more than likely be like "I don't like this cause it's popular"

Maybe. I could see her growing into a serious hipster. At least bi as well. I could see her and Jane experimenting at least once (jus sayin)

>Throughout highschool, maintaining a look was really easy.
You are fooling no one, namefag.

I'll pull blood out of your ass when I fuck you.

shut up, clown

i'm more into dumb cute girls.

ah ok. Believe what you want dude.
>namefag
>still cares about my name
Why are you so mad? Did you have a bad imagine of yourself back in highschool? Were you made fun of? Were you not at least known in highschool? I mean I get it. some people couldn't get any status at all.

you don't have to be popular, but people could know your name. That was me. No one hated me but no one cared either. Teachers were cool with me to say the least.

literally would hurt?!?

Jealous much?

>every gay man I know has a crush on a girl
>every gay woman I know has a crush on a guy.
Sounds to me like there's no such thing as gay people then.

f

Man what

She's not really dumb -- she has a sort of low cunning, at least.

I'm put off by people who put "too much" effort into their looks.
It makes them seem a bit too starved for approval, and relying on something quite superficial to get it. I know there are lots of people who try hard and aren't dumb bimbos/chads, but from my experience they're more the exception than the rule.

Or maybe my reaction is just something that my subconscious made up because I know I can't approach someone who does a lot for their looks simply because we don't share the same priorities, and they would probably be put off by me putting little effort.

that only makes him cuter

No. She needs glasses.

Wow, THAT Daria looks great!

never said that. Everyone has their opposite crushes.

depending on the circumstances yeah

DIARRHEA-CHA-CHA-CHA

>2 Daria threads at once
You're too kind!

yeah I saw that when I made it, like literally the last minute

>ITT there are somehow severe normalfags (and even kinda bullying assholes) on Sup Forums
I suppose you hid your love of cartoons to maintain popularity

hope you don't mean me user.
>Bullying
where do you think you are? Reddit?