Captain America: Steve Rogers #11

Prepare for ZemoxSteve shipping to reach the next level courtesy of Nick "Stucky was a Mistake" Spencer.

>I need you.
It begins.

GAAAAAY

>just realised I forgot to put "storytime" in the subject
Woops.

Coming off of Swamp Thing, this art is so disappointing...

Marvel has some really good artists working for them whose art keeps getting dragged down by godawful coloring.

Fist hugs ain't gay. They're not.

>Black Ant

About damn time he showed up again

Why is Rocket there? Have they ever met even?

>He hasn't read DnA GotG

Epithet:

I still hate Cosmic $#*!

Jack Flagg was on the Guardians.

I mean, all this happened because of a rogue cosmic cube, which is pretty cosmic.

Black ant and tasky together again neat

Bucky steals Helmut's crew so Helmut steals Bucky's man. It's only fair.

Guy who died was part of the Guardians of the galaxy.

Spencer is good at the c-list villain shit I'll give him that.

I ship it.

I thought that too then remembered Jack Flag did a stint with the Guardians in the original DnA run. Afair after he escaped the Negative Zone prison from Civil War, they found him there (can't remember why the Guardians were in the Negative Zone), and he was on the Guardians for a while. So yeah he's technically an OG Guardian. Good bit of continuity.

It's I'm fucking Ben Affleck the Marvel version. Love it.

>can't remember why the Guardians were in the Negative Zone

Star-Lord went to Hala to warn Ronan about the Secret Invasion only to discover that the Skrulls sent there had all ready been slain...and used to power a Phalanx super weapon. Quill was against its usage and Ronan threw him into the Negative Zone so he wouldn't get in the way. Shortly afterwards, Quill managed to send a telepathic message to Mantis vis-a-vis one of the telepathic villains imprisoned there and what was left of the Guardians sans Drax, Phylla, Adam, and Gamora went to rescue him.

>"Stucky was a Mistake"
But it was

>Only Groot, Star-Lord and Rocket went to Jack's funeral
I know you're still stuck on Earth Gamora and Drax, you ungrateful pricks.

>That bitch won't even loan me a spaceship even though we only came here to help her out!

Jack Flagg didn't do anything to stop Drax from getting murdered by Thanos.

I enjoyed this

>Never had any association with, no connection to
Didn't Zemo once help Strucker come back to life?

While also manipulating von Strucker's son against him and Hydra, tho.

Didn't Black Ant die in Illuminati?

So Steve Rogers is convinced that everyone else's memories are wrong and his are the correct ones.

>using the Heinrich Zemo Zemo mask and not the more modern Helmut one.

That's fucking disgusting. The hell is this shit?

It's probably to emphasize Helmut's relationship with his father and Hydra.

Didn't Helmut, you know, reject the whole ideology of Heinrich, though? That was kind of his thing for a while.

Gamora is imprisoned in the Triskelion according to last weeks GotG.

Memender's Zemo was the worst version of the character, even worse than Hopeless'. He just used him as Red Skull Jr.

the way he phrases it makes me think there's a bit more to it than that in his version of events, but essentially yes.

>Use Helmut character
>Give him Heinrich's mask

Totally not confusing.

I mean, I guess they couldn't take the Quasar name away from a lesbian and give it to a straight woman.

Why is she imprisoned?

drunken disorderly conduct and jaywalking

Thanks, OP.

She heard that Thanos was imprisoned there. She attacked the place to find him. It was a ruse by Carol who tricked her into Thanos' empty cell (he's already escaped or some shit). Carol then locked her in there.

Because she went to look for Thanos in his jailcell and then found out he wasn't there anymore so Carol imprisoned her there instead.

#GiveCapABoyfriend

So Carol locked her up for the crime of trying to kill Thanos?

Par for the course.

>Didn't Helmut, you know, reject the whole ideology of Heinrich, though?

Yeah, that was a pretty huge point in Thunderbolts and the Born Better mini.

Fuck you for making me reread a Bendis book.

Gamora attacked the Triskelion the first time, beat up security and Alpha Flight and ended up captured. Carol offered her a ship and the chance to leave Earth with the Shiar or some shit... But Gamora escaped, attacked again and got captured.

>Carol offered her a ship and the chance to leave Earth with the Shiar or some shit
Why didn't she give Peter Quill and the others the same offer? Quill and Rocket really don't want to be here and keep complaining about it.

Isn't this basically just superior spider man all over again? Cap is a not hero for a while then starts to break out of the rewritten role and become his true self again ect ect ect.

Ugh that tag was created by stucky fangirls to push their pairing.

But the thought of it being hijack with zemo shit makes me happy.

>Superior Spider-Man
>Superior Iron Man
>Superior Captain America

Marvel is just going down the list of characters. Everyone gets time being "superior".

The concept is similar, but different enough to make it interesting. It also has a much better execution, Steve Rogers actually acts in a way to avoid suspicion, it stretches disbelief that Otto managed to fool so many people.

>Steve Rogers actually acts in a way to avoid suspicion

This. Superior Spider-Man was fucking stupid and it was even dumber that no one could figure out that it wasn't Peter Parker.

>He's just mad that Silver Sable died, guise! Its totally normal for Peter to act 100% different, maim his enemies, brain wash people, start a super villain island, send millions privacy invading spider-bots across the entire city, etc. Yeah, totally normal.

The new Quasar is also a lesbian?

Fuck you just use Phyla

also Pymtron and The Maker

>After all the shit Maria Hill put us through

You mean the shit Spencer wrote? I mean fuck me, since Civil War Maria maybe hasn't been great but she hasn't gone back to being 'rargh register' that Bendis wrote her as. Then they give her to Spencer and suddenly the woman who has intimate experience with being brainwashed is starting a brainwashing camp?

Fuck Spencer.

It was especially insulting that Aunt May didn't noticed that Peter was acting so different, she of all people should have known better.

I know it's already been pointed out by others, but I too want to say it's nice to see some of Jack's old Guardians teammates paying their respects, especially while they're on Earth and it doesn't not make sense for them to be there.

>It was especially insulting that Aunt May didn't noticed that Peter was acting so different

Or anyone else. How the fuck didn't MJ notice fucking immediately, in like issue #2, when they go out to dinner?

>ZemoxSteve shipping
>"Stucky was a Mistake"

truly we are blessed

Of course.

too lewd, delete this

Erskine was Jewish, right?

Steve is basically going through a list of things Helmut wishes were true.

Is this the first time they've been together since Initiative?
Awesome.

The word you are looking for is 'cute'.

I hope it's just to mean he's not all there, but it's really ugly.

THE CRRRRRRRRREST ON BIRDMAN'S HELMET!

This feels like Spencer's deliberately trolling the #GiveCapABoyfriend folk

Well, Steve is straight up describing him as a lost and broken thing here so this might be intentional.

possibly, but anyone with taste already shipped Cap/Zemo anyway

>that time Zemo gave up his beauty to protect Steve

>Black Ant

This makes me both happy and sad at the same time. I fucking loved the Irredeemable Ant-Man. This is the sweetest salt in that wound.

Why does Carol look like Johnny Storm wearing lipstick? Who thought this was ok?

Susan did.

That's because you missed all the crap Bendis was (ineffectually imo) trying to imply about Maria and shield. Aka that they're all racist against mutants.

Spencer is writing probably my favorite current Marvel title. Fuck yeah

Stucky fans made that tag but yeah there's going to be outrage when the shippers see this.

The Stucky fans because they thought Spencer was building up to a Stucky reunion with Thunderbolts.

The Stony fans because they thought HydraCap still cared about Tony because of the Oath where he said the old Steve loved Tony. And they were convinced Hydra Cap still had feelings for him.

This is just going to shit on all of that, obviously Spencer won't make Zemo and Steve gay but fuck this is good enough to rile people.

HOLY FUCKING COLORING BATAMAN

fucking nice
also the ink is fucking good too

Probably how Jess likes it.