Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #12 Storytime

Best talking sword issue

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SZ-b67BPKPg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why is MCU Loki on the cover?

I didn't realize the Zords ran on geo-thermal energy

>how to betray your top enforcer and ensure he aids the heroes

It sorta makes sense considering they're almost always coming up from underground

Time for backstory

The fucking pumpkin headed monster

>All these familiar faces
It's like Countdown to Destruction all over again

>Goldar's back
So this is following the Pink mini?

>Ninjor out of no where

Still not clear on how the Tigerzord is operational before the White Ranger gets his powers

Also where did the Falconzord come from?

No the Pink mini is set during season 3 months after Kimberly's already quit. This is still during season 1

Goldar was imprisoned in a pocket dimension by Rita for failing her last arc

And the Phantom Ranger

Missed the last one, did they tumble into the future or something?

I didn't even know MMPR had more than one season

Is that Aisha?

And now onto the Bulk and Skull backup

nope.avi

>Controlling a monster with 2 steering wheels.
lol.

Trini, Aisha, and... Bulk?

The White Power Ranger has the best design I've ever seen in any media.

I used to have that sword as a toy when I was a child, the blade (thin plastic) would go in and out of the thicker lower part so the sword could change sizes and I think there was a button that made it roar. It was a good toy.

Oh shit, Phantom Ranger

Thank the production for Dairanger. I never understood why people think Japanese lack originality or innovation when sentai is full of it.

You know, this evil tommy isn't really interesting. Doesn't help that "our" tommy is literally new and hasn't at all really been developed out of his "I need to work together" from the first arc.

At this point "Drakkon" just comes off as another evil dude instead of making me go "No, it's can't be, not my tommy"

Good concept, bad execution.

>a better you
Neo Goldar?

It's a real shame the rest of the Dairanger suits never got used for anything.

Calling it now, Bulk is red.

was dai-satan even anyone special in MMPR?

Nah he was on for a few episodes as 'Lokar' but thats it

Would've confused kid viewers if they revamped the Ranger problems and introduce a kid character. I'm actually thankful Dairanger was never fully adapted into PR because it's too awesome to be ruined by Saban's bullshit.

This series is so much better than it had any right to be. As a long time PR and Sentai fan, it's probably the highlight of my pull list.

Season 3 was when they got the Ninjazords. Y'know, the ones from the movie? Johnny Yong Bosch had a frog?

>Pumpkin Rapper was a major threat in this universe

>Would've confused kid viewers if they revamped the Ranger problems and introduce a kid character.
honestly I doubt it, Zeo didn't really have any problems using new suits

>I'm actually thankful Dairanger was never fully adapted into PR because it's too awesome to be ruined by Saban's bullshit.
main reason they didn't use most of Dairanger's footage has more to do with it being unusable for American broadcast standards at the time than anything(Dairanger's main weapon were staffs, and there had recently been an international controversy involving people being beaten with sticks, so they were afraid it'd be too imitable to show kids), also Dairanger's main villains(who were human) showed up too often for that footage to be usable(not helped by most of them dressing like S&M people)

Those Mastodon troopers look pretty cool.

I'm a bit worried that this means that Zack became one of Rita's supporters and apologists

I still think the original plan was for Lord Drakkon to be an alternate Zack(playing off that flashback issue where Rita tried to get him to become the Green Ranger), and they had to change it for some reason

Kinda weird how much effort it took them to make the White Ranger powers when Ninjor was right there and he created all of the Ninja powers and zords without nearly this much trouble

Come on man they were used for the best season Power Rangers: New Powers.
youtube.com/watch?v=SZ-b67BPKPg

They could've used the Dairanger suits for the Dark Rangers but NNNNOOOOOOOooooooo..........

I agree, all the clues were pointing to Zack. Maybe that was the plan and editorial made it change to Tommy because Tommy is the end all be all of PR.

Its funny, Kibaranger's suit looks really cool and powerful next to the Zyurangers, with his shield, sleek helmet, and chest emblem, but aesthetically the shield is meant to look like a schoolboy's vest, and his design is slightly softer than the other Dairangers. It works well with both teams in completely different ways.

just had a thought on how to keep the basic design for the Dark Rangers but have it not look retarded; make the faces resemble Putty faces(in fact apparently the Dark Ranger costumes were modified Z-Putty suits so it'd even be fitting), also apparently the Dark Ranger costumes were so low quality that they didn't even bother filming any actual fights with them

also there was a version of the Dark Rangers in the comic that weren't so bad looking(and apparently are semi-canon as they're the reason Jason has a functioning Power Coin in Forever Red)

They look like harlequin babies.

>honestly I doubt it, Zeo didn't really have any problems using new suits

Zeo was done after the ratings started drifting. Meanwhile, season 2 was being done concurrently with a movie in production.
I remmeber seeing a convention video years ago with Johnny Yong Bosch talking about his time with the series, and one of the things he mentioned was doing press tours durring Zeo and kids being disappointed when they where told they where meeting the "Green Ranger" only to see him as the new Zeo Green and not Tommy. they even had him grow his hair out longer for Turbo In that regard it might've been odd to go from al the Green Ranger hype in late season 1 where the green powers where treated as something special, to Zack just becoming the new Green ranger.

>White Manlet

It's a literal fucking kid user.

throw aways in super megaforce is all they got used for

>Apologists made excuses

IIRC Boom Ninjor made the Ninja powers and zords years ago and fled to Aquitar to escape Zedd

Holy shit, even Satan appeared

Jesus, they do.

How the hell did they lose? They even got the Thunderzords somehow, AND the Falcon Zord, plus the Phantom Ranger, Alien Rangers, and Ninjor.

This whole fight is ridiculously in their favor.

White Ranger Jason was the key to their victory

Because their have Dai Satan

>Apologists made excuses
Okay this page belong to OPT

He was there at the end, re-imagined as being Rita's father.

I suspect it was a red herring

It's probably just offscreen, but I don't see the Firebird zord, or whatever Kimberly's Thunderzord was called.
So that 's one incomplete set, and a Megazord is always stronger than the whole of the separate zords that make it.
Lokar/Dai-Satan was only beaten with the power of the Ultrazord. The closest thing they can make here is the Thunder Ultrazord, and it's attack is literally just to helicopter up and drop it's full weight on something.

Those Mastodon troops are neat.

Weren't they solar powered in the show?

>He was there at the end, re-imagined as being Rita's father.
you're thinking of Kakuranger's villain, he was the one repurposed as Rita's father, Lokar was just some random guy

It says right there that Rita's power grew. Under normal circumstances she's no slouch to begin with even if she mostly relies on support magic to upgrade her minions. I don't know what gives her power but almost an entire planet of it certainly should help.

>Also where did the Falconzord come from?
I assume Ninjor made it, same as he did in the show.

I think you're forgetting just how badly an ass-kicking the Rangers got from the Green Ranger and Lokar, separately, let alone together.

The more important question is, why not bring the Ninja Megazord along. If the Falcon is around, the other components should be as well.

I think at one point Tommy even wrecked Goldar's shit while depowered. Tommy is OP as fuck.

They should have used some of those Megazords just stashed away:

-Ninja Zords
-Rescue Zords (plus their carrier)
-Delta Megaship
-Mega Voyager

At this point, they were asking to lose.

There was talk during Lost Galaxy of them pulling out the DaiRanger suits for a group of "Ancient Rangers" but it got spiked due to the second half of the season suffering massive rewrites.

That said, they used Shaddam as a generic bad guy (a two part bad guy where the cast got stuck in a story book) and the Gorma Emperor costume got wholesale used as the costume worn by the big bad in Wild Force.

They didn't use the Dai Ranger suits for a couple of reasons (already mentioned)

1 The show was a huge cash cow and they were afraid to change costumes in fear that it would derail the franchise

2. DaiRangers was considered a lot more violent than ZyuRangers and the show was getting wholesale crucified by parent groups for being "too violent"

3. Saban was already getting cocky and was working on new Zord designs of their own so that all they would have to pay Toei for would be the ZyuRanger rights for the Ranger costumes, until they got the price tag to bring their new redesigns to fruition and backed away/cut a deal to use the DaiRanger Zords only.

4. DaiRangers had all unmasked/non-full body costumed villains, which would have made for huge headaches for adapting the footage

Of course the French surrender first

I really hope they incorporate more stuff. It's need. Crossover stuff is always neat.

Dragon Rider X Power Ranger Crossover when

Wrong.

thanks for the read. nostalgia bomb. i've only read this n the previous issue. i think i might track down the trade with the first issues in it. i like this a lot. decent writing, good art and a blast to the past

>KingRanger powers
>Not jobber central

Have the Justice League vs. Power Rangers comics been storytimed yet? How is it so far?

>Kibaranger is actually shorter than the rest
Neat. I'm only about eight episodes into Dairanger and was wondering if he'd pull a Billy Batson/Captain Marvel transformation for the suit scenes.

>and introduce a kid character
They did that in Turbo though.

This was the last Power Ranger toy I ever got as a kid.

I had to go to a Shriners hospital once a year for most of my elementary school days due to some issue with the bones in my legs turning a way they weren't supposed to as I grew and the last year I went, I was really nervous because they'd explained that, if it hadn't straightened itself out in the year since my last visit, they'd have to do an extensive surgery in which they'd essentially cut open my shins and reset the bones by hand which would've left me in a full-body cast for months afterward.

The night before my appointment, my parents took me to a store to take my mind off of things and I spotted one of those 10" figures of the Gold Ranger with uppercut action. It'd been nearly three years since I'd last given Power Rangers any thought, but I was enamored with how cool he looked and it brought back all those lessons MMPR spouted about being brave, so I went home with that figure and braved my appointment only to find that everything had in fact worked itself out. Despite not having watched any of Zeo, the Gold Ranger will always hold a special place in my heart for giving me the courage to face something that seemed so overwhelming and insurmountable to my young mind.

Same here. I can't believe how good it is and it's the only thing I look forward to right now.

NOT SO FAST

Issue 2 was last Wednesday, so far it's looking good.

>Miss, I'm going to have to ask you to land your dinosaur.

The Alien Rangers should have brought their Battle Borgs at least

He said Pterodactyl

It's totally possible that we're seeing remnants of Zordon's army at this point, with other things already having been destroyed. Plus, as this part of the timeline has played out differently, who knows how things are going for Zedd elsewhere in the galaxy. He may have already obliterated the Voyager Zords and other things in space.

I don't have an excuse for the Rescue Zords, but the In Space Zords are a little far away to summon, I'd think.

Rescue sort of just exist, the Phantom Ranger just gives them to the cast after losing the Turbo Zord's, Delta was something the Phantom Ranger gave to the Space cast, and the Mega Voyager was still within the Solar System (even without the key card, Zordon could have just made new keys or something).

So yeah, Phantom Ranger being around kind of fucks things up a bit.

I watched Power Rangers religiously as a kid, but I have to admit, I do not remember the Phantom Ranger one bit.

>Riotroopers
>Kurokage
>ZECT Troopers
>this

black suits do make good fodder henshin heroes huh