John Constantine

Would you watch a new John Constantine movie?
one that isn't connected to the 2005 film?

would we watch a new movie

hmmm

Perhaps?

Ive been known to watch movies

I think the time for Constantine has passed

No, but it will happen anyway, because we're entering the period where Gen X has control over what nostalgic garbage gets new media.

no because it would still be a DC/WB movie

I don't think you can really convey what Constantine was about over the course of a single film.

I'd rather just have a season 2

Constantine was so far the only halfway decent comic book show, and they cancelled it.

Naw. Hollywood can't do what makes Hellblazer good. Can't remember the last time I saw a good occult movie.

We are not allowed nice things, user.

Constantine is trash.

Every arc it's the same shit.
>Cor' blimey, I'm ina real wallop today gov'na!
>Hey Constantine, stop being an asshole and help us with some of that fairy dust shit you do
>Oi I 'elped you cunts but I fucked ya ova too because I'ma dickhead
>Fucking jackass I'll kill you when I get out of this bad spot you put me in

>666
Nice try Satan.

Of fucking course I would, but only if it is based on the Vertigo version, not that New 52 magician batman crap like the 2014 show.
Ewan McGregor should be Constantine, by the way.

If they ever did a Constantine movie I think they should have to set it in Thatcher era England. So much of the comic is tied to that time period, I always feel like John feels out of place in more modern settings.

Also Keanustantine is pretty good, I don't understand all the hate it gets.

As long as it has nothing to do with the DCEU and N52.

At least they kept Matt Ryan on as VA for the animated films.

I think it's a good movie but not necessarily a good adaptation. The characters are all pretty different for one thing. That said, there are some moments that got the tone down really well. And it's probably my favourite portrayal of Satan ever.

I agree with this.
Lovely occult action film. But each time I see it and it reminds me that Keanu's character is supposed to be John Constantine, I get this really bad taste in my mouth.

Yeah, pretty much what you said.
It isn't a good adaptation, but the movie on its own is pretty good.

Wait, Keanu Constantine is based on comics Constantine?
>tfw never made the connection

I would rather have Keanustantine 2 than post-Vertigo Dr. Strange Constantine

Ewan as Constantine is the only thing that makes sense.

Just don't let WB or Snyder have anything to do with it.

>a Constantine film
>in the age of inoffensive PG-13 movies

A new movie with an actor who has a scouse accent. Please I need this, they've fucked it up twice now and before you say "oh scouse accent is filth" there are certain parts of Liverpool with strong and not so strong accent strength.

I can remember a friend describing it to me before I even knew that it was based on hellblazer and it just never connected in my mind that the movie she was describing was based off a comic I'd read

I liked the old constantine film, I thought it was enjoyable if you took it as completely disconnected from the comics .

So... someone from Aigburth, or Grassendale?

Mind you, Bootle or Everton Constantine would be fucking hilarious for about the first 5 minutes.

>Oi satan, you starting on me?
>Fuc orf, twat

Keanu Constantine was perfectly fine.

The only reason people dislike it is because 1. Not English 2. Not blonde

There aren't really any other reasons to say it isn't a perfectly fine Hellblazer adaptation

Would rather get more of Matt Ryan's Constantine. And not that Cw Seed animated show, an actual proper live action revival.

Yeah sure I'd watch the fuck out of a Hellblazer movie
Directed by David Fincher
Starring Ewan McGregor

the show probably was on a really shitty network or something because people seem to really like the character, even normies are starting to know about him