UPCOMING CAPE TELEVISION

Synopses, casting announcements and character breakdowns for all upcoming TV shows from Marvel and DC.

>UNTITLED X-MEN SERIES (Fox)
Developed by Matt Nix.

>Two ordinary parents discover that their children possess mutant powers. Forced to go on the run from a hostile government and the Sentinels, the family joins up with an underground network of mutants and must fight to survive.

SAM (Blair Redford)

>The charismatic and strong-headed Native-American leader of an underground network of mutants.

Even more shows?

only about half of these will be any good

Fox should just give up on x-men already.

>CLOAK & DAGGER (Freeform)
Developed by Joe Pokanski.

>In post-Katrina New Orleans, Tandy Bowen and Tyrone Johnson, teenagers from starkly different backgrounds, each growing up with a secret they never dared share with another soul, find themselves burdened and awakened to newly-acquired superpowers. Tandy can emit light daggers and Tyrone has the ability to engulf others in darkness. They quickly learn they are better together than apart — but their feelings for each other make their already complicated world even more challenging.

/Thread

TANDY BOWEN / DAGGER (Olivia Holt)

>Once a privileged little girl, Tandy watched as her family was destroyed by a disastrous storm that uprooted her life. Now in her late teens, she's grown into a cynical petty criminal who steals from tourists to make ends meet. Her life seems headed towards a path of darkness until an unexpected encounter with a kindred spirt, Tyrone, sparks a life-changing event.

TYRONE JOHNSON / CLOAK (Aubrey Joseph)

>As a child, Tyrone wanted nothing more than to prove he was fearless. But when a mistake caused everything he held close to be taken away, life taught him to be afraid. Now older and more sheltered, Tyrone closes himself off, focusing on his studies and sports, until he meets a kindred spirit, Tandy, and his life changes forever.

MELISSA BOWEN (Andrea Roth)

>Tandy's estranged mother.

ADINA JOHNSON (Gloria Reuben)

>Tyrone's loving mother.

MICHAEL JOHNSON (Miles Mussenden)

>Tyrone's estranged father.

BERNARD SANJO (James Saito)

>A psychologist who becomes an emotional cornerstone in Tyrone's life.

>netflix cloak and dagger

nobody asked for this. worst netflix show incoming.

LIAM MARKS (Carl Lundstedt)

>A townie who operates as Tandy's partner-in-crime and moonlights as an occasional boyfriend.

Pic related...
Pic related...
I will care only if Cloak is sexualized otherwise refer to pic related...

learn to read

Jed Weadon is directing AOS now.

>Once a privileged little girl

RAY CONNORS (J.D. Evermore)

>A police detective investigating the activities of Cloak & Dagger. A contradiction of a man, embracing an intimidating persona to overcompensate for a secret he keeps close to the vest.

We got a badass right here.

I did read it, and I don't like it.

you reactionary faggot that is normal, if it was something like "privileged little white girl" then i would be mad.

NBC is working on a new Witchblade tv series.
So it won't have the budget, sex appeal, violence & good noir detective writing the show should have, mother fucking wonderful.

nothing about it says netflix

>INHUMANS (ABC)
Developed by Scott Buck.

>A secret race of superhumans born from extraterrestrial genetic experiments, the Inhumans have for centuries lived in the shadows, hidden on the faraway city of Attilan on the dark side of the Moon. But when their existence is exposed, the Royal Family must navigate an intrincate web of lies and intrigue to protect their people from a world that doesn't understand them.

Note that the casting for this has only been leaked and not officially announced yet.

The term privileged is offensive.

Disniggers please

MEDUSA (Elysia Rotaru)

>The wife of Blackbolt and queen of the Inhumans. An elegant and intelligent advisor to her husband, she struggles to find her place outside of their relationship, as others tend to view her as just a pretty face. Strong and resourceful, she’s not afraid to break the rules when the situation demands it.

>Everyone on earth but me please

CRYSTAL (Eliana Jones)

>Medusa's younger sister. Soulful but still learning the ways of the world, she has the arrogance of youth. Impetuous and independent, but also deeply devoted to her family, Crystal yearns to explore the world beyond the walls of Attilan.

GORGON (Owen Harn)

>Blackbolt's cousin. Impetuous and brash, he has serious impulse control issues which frequently get him into trouble whether its women, booze or fighting. He loves life and lives in the moment, for better or worse.

My hope is Hayley Atwell will star in it...
Reason it is a realistic notion is...
> She has a working relationship with NBC after Agent Carter & Conviction.

Drawbacks...
> She has been outspoken about not doing sexual stuff just for fan service.

It's really cute that ABC Family thinks it can drop its shitty reputation by changing the name.
Nobody is going to watch this.

Remaining characters.

>BLACKBOLT I The king of the Inhumans. He can say volumes with just a look. Strong, thoughtful and private, he’s unaccustomed to being questioned or feeling a need to answer to anyone, to an extent that can verge on arrogance.

>MAXIMUS I Blackbolt’s younger brother. Intelligent, charming and articulate, Maximus comes across as a man of the people but secretly covets power.

>KARNAK I Blackbolt's cousin. Slight of build, his mind is his greatest asset. Always prepared with a plan, his outlook on life is the glass is always half-empty and often cracked and dirty as well. Though his outlook can be grim he has a droll, dry sense of humor.

>TRITON I Karnak's brother and Blackbolt's cousin. Supremely athletic and the ultimate picture of cool. He’s calm under pressure and willing to do anything to get the job done.

Does this kill the movie?

Onto the streaming services.

>RUNAWAYS (Hulu)
Developed by Josh Schwartz & Stephanie Savage.

>Six childhood friends find out that their parents are members of a secret cabal of criminal masterminds aspiring to conquer the world. They then go on the run, relying on each other to master ther blossoming skills and stop their families' sinister plans.

that's what people said about Shadowhunters and now look at it

Yes, Inhumans was Perlmutter pet project and since Feige has total control over Marvel Studios there's no need for the movie now

ALEX WILDER (Rhenzy Feliz)

>A loud-and-proud nerd. Admittedly a bit of a loner, Alex spends much of his free time playing video games, but deep down, what he wants most is to reunite his childhood group of friends.

CHASE STEIN (Gregg Sulkin)

>A lacrosse-playing high school heartthrob. While many write him off as a dumb jock, Chase exhibits flashes of untapped brilliance in engineering, not unlike his wildly successful father’s.

NICO MINORU (Lyrica Okano)

>Tough, intelligent, and independent, Nico embodies teenage angst. A budding "Wiccan", whose carefully crafted goth appearance isolates her from her peers and family, all she really needs is someone to talk to.

KAROLINA DEAN (Virginia Gardner)

>A model-perfect exterior with a lot going on behind her professionally whitened smile, Karolina is burdened by the lofty expectations and responsibilities put upon her by her parents. Underneath her veneer of privilege and perfection, she is experiencing a newfound eagerness to explore her identity and pursue her own desires.

GERT YORKES (Ariela Barer)

>A purple-haired, bespectacled, contemporary riot grrrl. Never passing up a moment to stand on a soapbox, Gert sometimes wields her persona as a brash social justice warrior to mask her true feelings.

MOLLY HERNANDEZ (Allegra Acosta)

>The youngest and most innocent member of her friend group, Molly is known for her peppy positivity and a deep yearning to belong.

Ugh I can already see the dumb love triangle shit

Why aren't any of the C&D characters (The few that they have) in the show?

when will the capeshit end. i love my funny books but these shows are so bad

>Hernandez
I am mad

GEOFFREY WLDER (Ryan Sands)

>A man defined by the gruelling path he’s taken to achieve his self-made success. A hulking presence who can effortlessly shift from approachable father to intimidating strategist with his son Alex.

CATHERINE WILDER (Angel Parker)

>A successful lawyer, who is deliberate and calculating in both her words and actions. But when it comes to her family, she’s fiercely loyal and a loving mother to her son Alex.

VICTOR STEIN (James Marsters)

>An engineering genius who may just save the word from itself. Electric cars, space travel; the military and NASA both look to him for answers. As a father to Chase, Victor has lofty expectations for his son, and when they aren’t met, his retribution can be fierce.

JANET STEIN (Ever Carradine)

>A perfect PTA mom. Harbouring a brilliant mind of her own, she has made deep sacrifices for her husband’s world-changing career. Though she hides it for the well-being of her son Chase, Janet longs for more from her life.

Shadowhunters is a show with source material orders of magnitude more popular than cloak & dagger. This is just a weird choice.

Legion is already better than all the Marvel shows and Deadpool was a huge hit, so no.

The only cape show this year I'm actually anticipating is The Tick. I really liked the new pilot.

TINA MINORU (Brittany Ishibashi)

>A perfectionist "tiger mom." In her professional life, she is a brilliant innovator and ruthless CEO. Emotionally, she is less confident, often shying away from difficult conversations with her daughter Nico and careful to avoid explicit displays of her feelings.

ROBERT MINORU (James Yaegashi)

>A gentle and brilliant beta, the Woz to his wife’s Jobs. Warm and feeling, Robert sometimes struggles with being married to a woman who so forcefully barricades her emotions while caring about Nico.

>source material orders of magnitude more popular than cloak & dagger
that's why the movie was such a massive success

>Legion is already better than all the Marvel shows
I don't even like the Marvel shows that much but come on, the Legion hype is totally disconnected from reality. "This is such a smart show" "Best superhero show ever" Nothing has even happened yet!

You're an idiot.

FRANK DEAN (Kip Pardue)

>A former teen star who rode a short-lived movie career and is now teeming with insecurity. Floundering in his professional career as an actor, Frank is seeking to renew purpose in his life while being a father to Karolina.

LESLIE DEAN (Annie Wersching)

>A complicated beauty and a poised and skilled leader. Clear-minded, focused, and charismatic, Leslie draws in devoted allies and followers who are taken by her success and charm, particularly with her daughter Karolina.

DALE YORKES (Kevin Weisman)

>A beardy, dadcore bioengineer. Incredibly science-minded, he has a deep love for his family but oftentimes falls short at knowing the right things to say to Gert.

STACEY YORKES (Brigid Brannagh)

>An absent-minded and professorial bioengineer. Perpetually dawning Birkenstocks and a messy bun, Stacey utilises a progressive approach to her parenting style to Gert.

Kip Pardue?

Where's my Glamorama movie, man?

Freeform, idiot
Then why are you here?
Oh so like in the comics then?

Deadpool says "hi" and "get fucked Mickey"

No. THR is reporting that this doesn't replace the movie

>The Punisher (Netflix)
Developed by Steve Lightfoot.

>Frank Castle is haunted and hunted after the murder of his family and becomes a vigilante known in the criminal underworld as "The Punisher", who aims to fight crime by any means necessary.

>Sentinels in TV budget

You can keep that

oh yeah well Cap says "I make billions" and

FRANK CASTLE / PUNISHER (Jon Bernthal)

>A vigilante who aims to fight the criminal underworld by any means necessary, no matter how lethal the results.

Not confirmed.

You guys are so autististic that it's kinda cute

KAREN PAGE (Deborah Ann-Woll)

>Former assistant of lawyer Matt Murdock and a burgeoning news reporter, who befriended Castle while working on his case.

BILLY RUSSO (Ben Barnes)

>Castle’s best friend from when he served in the Special Forces, Russo is now the commander of Anvil, a private military corporation affiliated with the United States government.

>there are people who actually like this line
I'm so glad Whedon got shitcanned.

>Note that the casting for this has only been leaked and not officially announced yet.

>cap
>not iron man

lmao go to bed chris

BILL RAWLINS (Paul Schulze)

>A high-ranking CIA agent with shady dealings who crosses paths with Castle due to their time in Afghanistan.

Hey he was the asshole brother in law from Westworld.

You cannot be serious.

Why change her name? I mean, they cast a Hispanic Veronica on Riverdale but they didn't Latinize her last name?

DAVID "MICRO" LIEBERMAN (Ebon Moss-Bachrach)

>A former NSA analyst who assists Castle in his crusade against crime.

Problem?

SARAH LIEBERMAN (Jaime Ray Newman)

>Micro's wife, who is concerned with his association with Castle.

Suuuuuure it doesn't, Ike.

DINAH MADANI (Amber Rose Revah)

>A Homeland Security agent assigned to investigate Castle and who is vexed by him.

Still no release date for The Tick, life is suffering.

Yes. An enormous one. He looks like a giant loser.

You kids need to learn to not kneejerk at words. Do you get upset when people say entitled too?

SAM STEIN (Michael Nathanson)

>A Homeland Security agent and Madani's partner.

waifu

>James Marsters
FUCKING SOLD.

CURTIS HOYLE (Jason R. Moore)

>An ex-military and old friend of Castle, and one of the few people who knows he is alive.

>RUNAWAYS
>hulu

This is going to be terrible

k