Telltale's Batman

Just finished the final episode I thought it was an interesting direction for a Batman story. I enjoyed it a lot.
How does Sup Forums feel about it?

Other urls found in this thread:

telltale.com/company/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I liked it for what it was. Glad that telltale stuck to their guns and made Thomas a scumbag.

Though I wished Bruce didn't get part of his ear blown off if you decided to unmask.

>downloaded first ep
>really enjoyed it
>interesting plot, good voice acting
>downloaded second ep
>got a job
>never continued to play it
>forgot if i was playing "good" Bats or "asshole" Bats

I liked it a lot. Did some cool things with the Batman mythos and stuff. Joker felt so plastic and underwhelming though. Cucking Harvey was fun too.

Post Choices
Actual spoilers for the game

just go back and look at your choices my man
at worst replay ep 1, its only an hour and a half to 2 hours long

Harvery was my biggest complaint
>See him get drugged LIVE on stage with the same shit that drove an Officer to kill a suspect
>Sure let him run the city, what could go wrong?

>Become mayor
>Get your own paramilitary force for illegal operations
>No one does shit about you killing and extorting

Gotham deserves to burn to the fucking ground

fuck off Ra's

Make me, detective.

I liked Penguin's costume a lot. A cool take on the character.

Also:
>That Catwoman rejection ;_;

Felt geared towards women, tbqh.

She'll be back for dat bat dick
also
>yfw unzipping her suit

>The Evils of White Privilege, The Tale
Eh... They even made Batman a quasi-badguy somehow because he was a white male.

>nailing your only friend's girl

she had no interest in Harv at all

>nailing a bitch that was using your best friend

She was using you too
or at least that's what she wants you to think

The police ended up fighting back, though.

Harvey didn't know that.

what he doesn't know won't hurt him
until he finds out at least

I thought it was pretty shit after the third episode.

Lady Arkham has no character which is a consequence of trying to make the identity a surprise. She's just generic psycho with no charisma and no defining motifs. Considering she was supposed to be the main villain I really didn't give a shit. She might as well have been a random goon.

Two-face is the highlight of the whole thing because he actually somewhat responds to the things you do as Bruce and batman. Penguin stopped mattering pretty much immediately.

Positives were catwoman (though she is totally Catwoman 101, just the absolute most basic retread of her character) and especially the Thomas Wayne stuff.

I thought Lady Arkham was a nice parallel to Batman(even though hundreds of those exist) but yeah I was hoping unmasking would have gotten a different response since my Batman was compassionate as fuck.

When he arrived with breakfast, that almsot broke my heart. He just wanted to fall in love :(

honestly, as someone who went into this with little expectations, i really liked it. im glad to see two-face got a lot of spotlight on him, with your relationship with him constantly in the forefront of most every episode. penguin was also very enjoyable, and i actually liked the main villain by the end. hell they even made solid use of joker, which is impressive with how overexposed he is.

i think the biggest highlight for me was getting the choice to play bruce wayne for some scenes. you pretty much never get to play that side out in any batman game, and telltale took a great opportunity to include that thanks to its format.

I didn't like the whole thing with the Waynes. I get the need to keep things fresh but making a change that simply gets revealed instead of actually getting to see it play out is still kind of lame to me.

Telltales engine needs to go to hell
The game should never lag and hitch while Bruce is driving his fucking car past the same six buildings. Especially on a high end PC

>telltale.com/company/
>Karen Petersen - Senior Systems Engineer

It's only correlation...

It starts good but shits the bed. They build up Harvey into a very sympathetic character but his storyline really goes downhill and isn't all that satisfying by the end. No point in romancing Catwoman, since that ends up sucking too.

It wasn't bad overall. Just...eh. And that sucks when the first two episodes were so good.

Really fell apart in the end. Harvey's plot starts out cool but ultimately he goes crazy no matter what you do, which kind of cheapens your interactions with him. He either turns into Two-Face or becomes a crazy guy with a normal face. The stuff with the Wayne's was kind of stupid.
Vicki Vale as the villain is beyod retarded though. It also feels like you don't get any real explanation as to how she got access to all her tech, her fucking army and her fighting skills.

I maintain that Telltale's Batman is one of the most interesting Elseworld takes on the character I've had the pleasure of enjoying.

>PROS
Troy Baker's Bruce Wayne managed to not immediately sound like Troy Baker.
They didn't cheap out on Thomas Wayne being trash.
Bruce Wayne got just as much game devotion as Batman did. It's rare for any piece of media to pull off that feat.
Everything about Catwoman.
Alfred being a bro, even if he did hid the truth from you.
Penguin's backstory and relation to Bruce.
Having Lady Arkham be Vicki Vale
The Music

>CONS
THE FUCKING ENGINE!
Buggy save system. Replaying a mission might fuck with past choices.
Lady Arkham's backstory. I think they were on the right track but needed additional polish.
Not giving me a chance to fucking redeem Harvey. By the end of it I was ready to lock his ass in Arkham myself. I made a state where I did NOTHING to him and he still was psychotic towards me in the end.

All in all, would play again and looking forward to Season 2 if there's going to be one.

>Vicki Vale as the villain is beyod retarded though. It also feels like you don't get any real explanation as to how she got access to all her tech, her fucking army and her fighting skills.
Yeah I kept waiting for that explaination. When she fled into the tunnels below Arkham I was expecting to monologue about how she doing this grand keikaku or at least drop hints on who trained her to forshadow the villain for the next season or something.

The villain for the next season is Joker. I think they made that clear.

She had fucking rocket boots and a power staff. How the fuck did she get those? Did she rip them off Wayne Tech? Where's my fucking rocket boots Lucius?
Also, one of the biggest problems with Telltale's dialogue system is that the options can be pretty misleading. I meant to tell Gordon that he had to stand up and lead after his boss got killed, ended up telling him he was crying like a bitch.

That was sort of my thought process as I was going through the last episode. But I'd assume that there's going to be move villains than him.

>She had fucking rocket boots and a power staff. How the fuck did she get those?
I was waiting for this too, did she make them out of hate?

I mean, it's pretty much guaranteed that Ra's trained her.
But I would've liked some kind of confirmation.

Supposedly the engine was originally coded by the company's founder or some other higher-up, and they absolutely refuse to let the developers work on any other engine out of pride. The engineers basically have to keep the thing chugging along with bubblegum, duct tape and hope to try and push it to do things it was never intended to and is horribly inefficient at.

I thought it was that or the Court of Owls.

Joker was decent enough, he reminded me of Brad Pitt from 12 Monkeys

Man, the Court of Owls is a pretty cool concept Not the most original idea, but the motif is cool but I don't think I've read a single story that pulled it off.

>THE FUCKING ENGINE!
>Buggy save system. Replaying a mission might fuck with past choices.
that's pretty much standard telltale shit there.

This never was a problem for me with the Telltale stuff. Although Batman was the first general game that froze on me, which pissed me off

that is one thing I'll give props to Life is Strange for, with only a few exceptions, if a dialogue choice doesn't play out how you thought it would you can just click rewind and try again

>Choose the option not to romance Catwoman.
>Still break Harvey.

It's a cool concept. They only came to mind to me because normies love Snyder and they were on Gotham so it seemed like a possibility.

When's next Season coming out?

>Harvey remains One-Face
>still goes fucking crazy
The problem with making his relationship as the forefront of much of the game is that we all know how it's going to end. He's gonna go crazy and get his face scarred. We're kind of locked in. I wish they'd either gone full railroad so you can't stop him from losing it, or actually allowed it to deviate and have Harvey stay sane.

Probably next year or year after. TTG usually comes out with two games a year, we're getting GotG this year and TWD Season 3.

So I'm guessing 2018 will be GoT and Batman.

thought it was the first elseworld bats to actually interest me

They explain the army. The Children of Arkham were a legit activist organization that was ignored until Vicki radicalized them.

I really hope not. It'd be a shame if for series that made such a big deal about handling the mythos differently to jump straight to Joker for the second season.

This take on the Joker seemed fairly traditional. They could always do some twists with him.

What other villains do you guys see debuting in season two? Do you see Two-Face, Penguin, or even Zsasz or Ventriloquist making a return?

I like how you can go full Superdickery.