Unsounded

Don't let Sette hear you praising her like that, you will spoil the child.

What's with all the maggots

Titty Bird looks more like Rapey Bird.

REMINDER THAT NECROPHILIA IS AGAINST THE LAW OF GOD

I want to fuck that hot zombie man.

What he needs right now is a good hug.

I mean. Lem is hugging him. Kind of.

heh, I said that Ashley was going to drop that whole "Duane turns into a ravening zombie at night" thing.

His body is still a ravening zombie at night isn't it?

If he's lucid when he falls into the khert at night I'd assume he'd be able to just climb his khert string back up to his body whenever it happened.

I would imagine.

Is the khert usually "open" at night, though? For him to escape? The last time was unusual circumstances with that silver.

When did Sette talk about "best worlds"? Was it when she was schooling Duane in lying?

Yeah. It's one of my favorite pages in the whole comic.

yeah, she made Duane beautiful again by teaching him how to "live in the best world", ie delude himself about his own horribleness.

The horribleness is in his face, not in his heart!

Dang that's a good page.

He's a deeply religious guy who believes he's become a walking blasphemy and can never be redeemed, so it's a little of both.

Speaking of, I do love how Duane's faith serves to flesh out his character so much while also still making him kind of a smug asshole.

Is it really dropping it when this was a result of a major plot development?

ashleys characterization is just so dang good. I'm really jealous of that.

We still don't know what he's doing in the real world. He could be on the boat completely tied up and restrained

Didn't he consider his revival evidence that Ssael had personally rejected him forever, or something?

Pretty much.
>my faith holds that the gods set in motion a cycle of reincarnation that eternally dumps our souls back into this shitty world
>now that Ssael is master of the deep Khert, he will call the worthy faithful to his side to aid his work forever while the unworthy, the unfaithful, and the damned remain in the wretched cycle of rebirth until they learn to better themselves
>and here I am unable to die, my soul permanently trapped in the physical world the dead gods forced on us
>clearly I am so unworthy of Ssael that he decided to stop giving me chances altogether

I agree. It's pretty rare to see complex religious characters like that.

Yeah. Either hated, or just given up on, to the point where it wasnt even worth trying to reincarnate his soul in the Khert. He gets to sit in the rotbox and mope for eternity.

I'd be worried about this training arc with Tittybird + general hopelessness about his situation tempting him to go full Blacktongue, if he hadn't already met one of the worst of their lot and been turned into a pain-battery for a fucking Wild Hunt made flesh.

Aww dangit, I was hoping this was Lemuel's nightmare and we'd finally see what he was up to

He doesn't have the balls for it anyway.

Well duh, those were the first to rot off.

I wonder if eyes or balls go first...

Well, for Duane his eyes went first, seeing as they got all stabbed out.

Or eyes last, considering he got replacements!

I've read webcomics since Sluggy Freelance and never in twenty years have I seen a comment troll as infuriating and terrible as Unsounded's Mad'Monster'Maniac. His autism and narcissism make me want to kill myself.

>Reading webcomic comments
You deserve your suffering

He's determined, too. I've been reading Unsounded for about 4 years and don't remember a time M'M'M wasnt there.

There's a comments section?

Usually I'm impressed with anyone that has that sort of dedication, but he's just such a twat.

I can never tell if he likes the frickin' comic or not.

This was also a good one from a few pages ago.

I think he does, but he's the type of person who likes getting that smug sense of self-satisfaction from pointing out things that are wrong with it. Most of the times they're based on stretching the source material and looking at it in a way no sane person would just so he can "critique" the work. Or deliberately misinterpreting things just so he can sound smart. Couple of pages back he went on about how vliegeng clearly should be used in high-altitude bombing runs and the fact that they aren't means Ashley is ignoring what should logically happen and her world isn't consistent. Ignoring the fact that vliegeng can't fly very high at all making the idea of high-altitude bombing absolutely laughable.

You've gotta wonder if he knows a little bit about all the random shit already or if he spends a few hours on wikipedia looking up, I don't know, roman seafaring ship histories just to rant at cope.

He made stop reading the comments on the site. I'm glad there's update threads on here so I can get my Unsounded theory wankery out.

Speaking of Unsounded theory wankery, you know how smoke eels and khert fishes are made of really intense memories? That's why they escape the walls and "wake up"?

I wonder if Lady Ilganyag is making Duane go through all these messed up dreams/memories to "wake himself up" in the Khert with a similar mechanism.

>headcanon is duane goes full lich king
>this shit right here reads like a super villain origin story
>soon.jpeg