Explain to me how the xmen thought that children losing their mutant powers was a bad thing

explain to me how the xmen thought that children losing their mutant powers was a bad thing

Cause the Celestials were gonna come back and murder everything.

Wanda's spell was half-assed. Anyone who had a nonhuman biology that could only function due to their powers lost the powers but not that biology, and died.

Can someone post some scans proving this? This is the only way Cyclops could actually be right in using the Phoenix to make sure little Jimmy does have spikes growing out of his head rather than having a normal life.

The X-Men are selfish bastards. They care only for their own hide. Only a couple of them like Wolverine and Storm fought for ALL humanity, and not for their arrogant elitism.

But now i' m thinking about it every Marvel "hero" is a selfish asshole. Few of them share the idealism of actual heroes. I guess it's a Marvel thing in general.

Could she ever pull it off again? Or something as powerful, like no one having powers period?

I don't think the X-Men were ever worried about it but that is what the Celestials are about.

>Cyclops
>Not right
Explain

Pretty sure that was an alternate universe story but the implication is that mutants are hamsters of the celestials and removing the hamsters from the experiment causes the scientists to destroy everything because there's no experiments to do anymore

>This is the only way Cyclops could actually be right in using the Phoenix
Wrong. Cyclops wasn't using the phoenix the phoenix was coming on its own. Cyclops was just making sure hope was ready for it like 2 or 3 people from the future said she should be. And since there's literally no way for anyone on earth to stop the multiversal embodiment of rebirth from doing what it's gon' do then Cyclops called the situation correctly.

That's the main universe origin of the Mutants, yes.

Ignoring the Celestial bull mess which I'm sure most X-men are unaware of, The X-men believe mutants to be a necessary part of humanity and their powers are a gift. And in their defense they've saved multiple realities with their powers and with the right training even the shitiest powers tend to become super useful.

>Celestial Bullshit

Has anyone really addressed how fuck up that the only morally justifiable reason for mutants to continue existing where little Timmy gets super-cancer and little Johnny gets laser vision is because giant space gods will kill Earth if they no longer inhabit it?

How many people know about this? Because I think it would change how a lot of people feel about mutants (and living on Earth in general).

That's bullshit. There's nothing they can do that Dr. Strange/Silver Surfer/Fantastic Four can't handle.

There's no moral reason for mutants demanding that a select few humans continue developing random superpowers at the expense of kids developing super cancer outside LOL SUPER AYY LMAO GODS

So did anyone ever acknowledge that Cyclops was completely in the right as far as the Phoenix situation goes?

I think Wolverine got mad at that prospect. Also Tony did.
>There's nothing they can't do that X can't handle
But X wasn't there. They were.

>We're the children of tomorrow! Non-mutants need us!

>Their most significant contribution to Secret Wars was Rightclops getting BTFO by Doom.

Yeah they're reallllyyyyy necessary for the universe.

>But X wasn't there. They were.

Ironic. But it's writer fiat. It's why they haven't saved the world in a longgggg ass time sense their 90's era popularity has started to seriously fade.

>Here we go, time to save the multiverse! This is what all those kids suddenly nuking their homes with powers they can't control has led up to! Go go mutant power!

>H-Humans need us. The-They wouldn't survive without us...

>All the mutants of the multiverse owe more to non-mutants than vice versa. The scorecard is balanced against them.

Tony did.

>moral
>celestial beings
You're an idiot, right?

No their biggest contribution would be being instrumental in helping rebuild reality.
So long as they're on the scorecard haven't they proven their worth?

I mean moral in the sense that humans have a reason for not killing all mutants with giant robots retard, not what the giants with techno coffee makers for heads think..

Those are mutants to you? Who in that page is a mutie?

Franklin Richards is a mutant you big dummy.

1. Because a lot of them needed those powers. Like, to live. Wanda took away the powers but often left deformities or injuries that became fatal.

2. Quite a few mutants were killed as a result of this. Purifiers and Hodge and such didn't care that these kids no longer had powers, they just saw this as an opportunity to kill more of them, which they did. Other mutants also died simply because they were using their powers at the time and suddenly losing them resulted in their deaths. What Wanda did made mutants/former mutants vulnerable to the predations of bigots.

3. Mutants have saved the planet dozens of times. All the worst futures are futures where mutants have been eradicated. Earth would have been blown up many times over if it weren't for them. They are objectively a positive force for Earth.

4. Mankind is kinda destined to achieve psychic godhood through the X-gene. Why would you want to rob humanity of that? Don't you want your great great great great grandkids to have Franklin Richards powers?

5. As others have stated, Celestials will kill the planet if you remove mutants.

>Franklin a mutie

Sense fucking when? He's cosmic enhanced like his parents. Where's the X-gene and annoying penchant for identity politics?

Franklin Richards.

Who has now saved everyone in the MU twice, once rebuilding the entire multiverse to do it.

Since forever. He has an X-gene.

He's a mutant. He has ALWAYS been a mutant. Mutates are more likely to have kids with an active X-gene.

He doesn't have the 'identity politics' because he's been 100% safe for his entire life in the Baxter Fortress. I find it really fucking telling that you think everything the X-Men have touched on is simply identity politics, though.

>Identity politics
Just fucking kill yourself.

>when you don't read comics

I agree, it misfired.
It should have killed all mutie scum except her.
She's a goddess.

She isn't a mutant anymore.

Even better.

SINCE THE GD MUTANT REGISTRATION ACT WHEN THE F4 TOOK THE ANTI REGISTRATION ACT SIDE SINCE THEIR SON WAS A MUTANT.

Whenever I see I laugh and all I can think of is,

> No, more mutants.

>Cyclops using Phoenix to
Cyclops didn't use shit. He got corrupted by Phoenix and by pure luck everything ended exactly how he wanted it to, so he got smug as fuck about it.

Except for Chamber. He survived for some stupid reason.

I tried to explain this very concept to the X-Board at CBR and I was told I was a race traitor and supported genocide.

Matt Fraction even devoted an issue to this very idea: that it isn't the end of the world if there aren't mutants. Beast explains that it's what you do with your life in the here and now that matters.

I used this scan and others from that same issue to try to explain to X-Men fans that mutants having normal human offspring is perfectly fine. The child is still "your" child with or without powers. I was then ranted at by everyone that such an argument is racist and I support genocide. To X-Men fans, only mutant lives matter. Mutants having normal human babies is completely unacceptable because they aren't the same race.

X-Fans are the biggest racists.

Yes, Wanda is capable of doing this spell again.

>Children's Crusade shows that Wanda is perfectly capable reversing the spell that took away powers on M-Day one at a time
>Cyclops immediately goes full-retard and wants her to pay for M-Day
I know AvX was just around the corner back then but that was still pretty retarded.

And here's an earlier page where it's made clear to everyone that she can restore lost powers.

Okay, I get being pissed, but if you've just been informed that it can be fixed, then what the fuck, Cyclops?

AvX was literally around the corner, last issue even ends saying SW's story will continue in Avengers vs X-Men. I'm guessing Cyclops is pretty emotional in this scene because "Jean" did worse and killed herself to make amends.

Cyclops talks alot of shit for only being a gamma level mutant top fucking kek!

Cyclops is alpha level, a small handicap doesn't mean shit when you can hold back and still put out more energy than a nuclear reactor.

I you can't conciously control your powers you can't be alpha. Cyclops, Wolverine and Rogue aren't alphas. Do you even read comics?

>hey guys, you can't use the Phoenix's powers for a greater good, it'd turn out badly
>No it won't, look here, I'm making the world a btter place
>But it'll end up badly!
>No, see? Now I'm curing cancer and AIDS at a world-scale
>You surely have evil intentions
>Dude, no, I don't even wnat to fight you, ok? Just let me fix the fucking world
>That's it! You're a tyrant! You're scum, let's fight
>they fight
>things go to shit thanks to the fight
>See! Told you it would end up badly!

Why was the AvX arc so stupid?

Do you?

Cyclops couldn't control his powers because of a head injury, which has nothing to do with his mutation in and of itself.

Unless that got retconned away. X-Men are such a convoluted mess I have no idea what's canon or not anymore.

This image doesn't refute a single thing I said dumbass.
You are absolutely right but it still doesn't change the classification. Gamma doesn't mean weaker for the most part. Its about control if wolverine could turn off his healing factor he would be an alpha as well.

And Rogue keeps on losing control of her powers because of accidents.

Read the rest in

They were altering ecosystems and fusing tectonic plates and shit, thinking it would help people.

Earthquakes, volcanoes, the weather patterns that decide where you can grow crops versus where's a desert, these all exist for a GOOD REASON. Changing them is a good fucking way to cause worldwide disaster.

Yes, but all of it was done very conciously and in a way that the result would always be better, even if different.

5 different writers.

>explain to me how the jews thought that children regrowing their foreskins was a bad thing

Which time are we talking about here?

Fun fact: the Sahara Desert was manmade. Desertification (and other forms of climate change) are often not wholly natural processes. The Phoenix Phamily re-greening the deserts is just them fixing our mistakes.

They were all alphas except for cyclops. Hes not gonna say alphas plus cyclops now is he? Plus Cyclops is just as strong if not stronger than an average alpha anyway. He just can't conciously control his powers. You lose yet again.

He literally calls them all Alpha mutants.

A large amount of Australian deserts are "man"made, too.
Indigenous Australians used 'Fire-stick farming" which fucked up a great deal of the country and is thought to have wiped out most of their mega fauna.

Lots of mutants died when they were depowered, either as a consequence of the depowering (they lived underwater, or were flying), or due to harassment (either because they were known as mutants, or their physical characteristics remained, but without their powers).

If it was just depowering, it wouldn't matter, but that's not all that happened.

explain to me, why avengers have to steal x-men characters. don't they have their own cast of characters? avengers are literally the shittiest franchise, it ruins everything it touches. had wanda been with x-men all the time, this shit would not happen