Secret warriors

>Marvel.com: In Secret Empire, Captain America’s full agenda as a Hydra operative comes to light. How does this affect the Inhumans and give birth to this new team of Secret Warriors?

>Matthew Rosenberg: Well, Hydra aren’t the most tolerant of organizations, and the Inhumans are known to be a little “different,” so that puts them at odds. And really that is the birth of our Secret Warriors. Many of them are the Inhumans who are a little outside traditional Inhuman culture. They don’t all get along with each other, and they don’t all agree on how to do things, but they are forced together because of their common enemy. And I think that’s a key point to this book: it’s not about Inhumans, or super heroes, or anything like that. It’s about putting aside differences and trying to help people.

>Marvel.com: As the Inhumans/Terrigen Mist story has unfolded over the last few years, the Royal Family has been front and center in protecting their people, particularly those just discovering they are Inhuman. What happens when most of them aren’t around to serve as that shield?

>Matthew Rosenberg: You end up with a lot of people, especially young people, who are stuck trying to find their way on their own. Which I love, personally. These are characters whose heroes have left; their mentors have left and their government has left. And the question becomes, “Who are they on their own?” Obviously Ms. Marvel, Moon Girl, and Quake are all heroes on their own terms, but this still has some profound effects on them. There are opportunities for some of our cast to be the next great leaders of Inhuman society, and there are opportunities for some to cut those ties entirely. This is going to be a lot of big choices our Warriors have to make before all of this is over.

>Marvel.com: One Royal who is sticking around is Karnak. What role will he play in the book?

>Matthew Rosenberg: Karnak is much older, arguably wiser, and definitely crazier than the rest of the team. He assumes a sort of mentor/adviser role as we go, but things are never that easy with Karnak. But he definitely is good at breaking things and that will come up.

>Marvel.com: With Quake and Ms. Marvel you have two young heroes with dynamically opposite experiences thus far in their careers—one has spent most of her time in the shadows as a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent, while the other has fully embraced the traditional costumed hero role, with a fresh “we can all make the world a better place” attitude. How do each of them react to the Captain America news?

>Matthew Rosenberg: It’s funny because those two, their different life experiences, are the heart of the book in some ways. The spy vs. the super hero. But Captain America means so much to both of them that it is a real hard blow. It is the kind of thing that can make you question everything you believe in and even yourself. And how they deal with it, what they want to do about it, that is the challenge. Quake is always going to be a destructive force by nature. It’s who she is. And Ms. Marvel is a hero above all else. So watching them have their worlds rattled is a big part of the fun.

>But yeah, this book is 100 percent the Javier Garron art show at this point. I just want to give him the coolest stuff to draw. Luckily for me, sometimes that is Quake sitting alone on the D train and sometimes it’s a dinosaur chasing Hydra agents through a forest. He makes all of it next-level cool.

>Marvel.com: Finally, thus far at Marvel you’ve been working mainly on solo books like ROCKET RACCOON and KINGPIN, but now you’re not only getting to tackle a team, but one that’s playing a pretty big role in a Marvel Universe-wide event. What’s it been like for you, taking on Secret Warriors?

> nu-quake
> inhuman shilling
> moon girl shilling
> more kamala shilling

i'd say DROPPED but that implies i'll even pick it up

Another Marvel book thAt nobody cares about.

>Matthew Rosenberg: It’s a dream come true. I know that is as cliché and cheesy an answer as it gets, but there is literally nothing else on Earth I’d rather be doing. Working with these characters, a lot of whom are the legitimate next generation of Marvel heroes, and getting to build their relationships and add little bits to their lives—it’s been amazing. Having Moon Girl and Karnak be weird to each other? Getting to make Quake and Ms. Marvel square off against each other? Helping Inferno become a true badass in the Marvel Universe? It’s the kind of job you hope to get one day if you write comics long enough. I am not taking a second of this for granted. I genuinely love these characters and I really hope that comes through on every page we put out.

>Having Moon Girl and Karnak be weird to each other

>kamala's giant thighs

I thought you weren't supposed to sexualize Kamala

>TV Synergy Quake

Fuck you.

>Kamala in ANOTHER team up

Quake and muslim babe. And that sexy lil bitch moon girl.

Cum.

>Getting to make Quake and Ms. Marvel square off against each other?
My /u/ sense is tingling.

This book will be hitting 10k so quickly

Feel bad for her.

>Shithumans with a synergy lead.

Don't worry, Karnak is very good at using his hands.

>No Tradd Moore Ms. Marvel mini ever
why live

>SYNERGY

Holy shit this better be the final nail in this shit fest culture Marvel keeps trying to push

Yes. Yes he is.

>all this time, Captain America was secretly a HYDRA agent
>every time he thwarted HYDRA from reshaping reality or conquering the world, he was actually helping them
>every time he helped expand the Avengers and other anti-HYDRA organizations to the point of becoming world powers, he was actually helping HYDRA
Why do you still read this garbage?

>Kamala eyeing Karnak's abs.

Either Champions or her solo must be ending

I'd say Champions.

Or she pulls of a Wolverine.
But I really want champions to be cancelled and forgotten, it's fucking trash.

I'm only in it for Karnak.
Also I really interested how they are going to manage Moon Girl an Ms.Marvel dealing with him.

Best Girl

She really needs to be left alone to her solo. Maybe Champions if they dump Waid and rework it from the ground up, new concept, new creative team.

Marvel has been whoring out Kamala so much it's surprising that she hasn't been honour killed by now.

kill yourself shill, fuck your inhumemes, fuck your tv shows, fuck your movies, fuck your replacements

literally, anyone who starts a thread about shithumans, is an enemy of Sup Forums

>it’s not about Inhumans, or super heroes, or anything like that.

so... it's a superhero story that's not about superheroes. i think i've made my decision.

>it's a life long dream, to work with these universally despised characters, who have only been partially relevant for the last 3 years because of an outward corporate struggle involving unrelated movie rights.

Secret Warriors without Phobos can fuck right off. Ares was resurrected a year ago and they've done exactly fuckall with him. Instead they shove Kamala in every fucking book ever.

Pretty sure he just wanted a thread on the new Secret Warriors book coming out lmao. This is far from the shithuman shilling you say it is.

I'll pick up the first issue just because of Karnak and to see how Quake fits in. FFS Marvel stop putting Kamala is every book. Leave her alone.

no, it isn't

the book has fuckall to the original secret warriors

"a little different" I love this coded language protecting their behavior.

Karnak has an 8 pack

hes fucking ripped

>being a karnakfag
I see a flaw here

true, but still OP is allowed to hope for it to be good.

Look, I hated Ellis's Karnak as much as everyone on Sup Forums. Until the last page. In one page Ellis has managed to make what seemed a mediocre book into a work of art.

And I am allowed to be an asshole and bully him
at least here, on Sup Forums

if he want to talk about shithumans, he can go to CBR, or somewhere else

ouch. he is one of the more interesting shithumans and with marvel continous inhuman shilling i might as well see how his character flows or whatever.

>Until the last page
I see another flaw
Stop, before your flaws consume you
- Fox Mulder 1996

I prefer the classic karnak
the edgy hood nihilistic karnak is cringe at best

It's just 6 issues. And it was all worth it. Ellis is the only writer that has never disappointed me.

good point

>And it was all worth it
jesus user. I could write a witty insult, but you basically wrote it yourself.

If you want to read Ellis, just read his newest Wildstorm. I didn't (yet) but I'm planning to.

what about fell?

hes probably not ever going to be the old Karnak again, with Marvel liberal gay shit going on and trying to make Karnak way too edgy just to appease shitty millennials

Too bad that millenials don't read comic books, huh

why everything has to be inhumans? why? Even fucking monster unleashed revolve around an inhuman. Civil War 2 inhumans, everything!
Now a new secret warriors series...and fucking inhumans! It´s just a new inhuman series!

That's this year, and I've read it. Last year Ellis wrote only two things, Karnak and Shipwreck. Both are good.

What about it? Pretty good read.

>It´s just a new inhuman series!
It's not like they tried to hide the fact, it is one of the resurrection titles.

I am willing to bet that wildstorm will blow the fuck out of the karnak and shipwreck

yeah, but you know what? even at their most x-cessive (pun sadly intended) the x-men at least were in their own bubble, they didn't really forced themselves on non-mutants titles

and who would want them to? they were better in their own little bubble.

fucking this...in the 90´s if they did a New Warriors series you had namorita, nova, justice, speedball, etc., you did not have Gambit, Cable, Psylocke, Wolverine and Jeaaann!

someone storytimed The Wild Storm yesterday, it was pretty solid.
I didn't have much knowledge of WS back in the day, but there were plenty of names and easter eggs (that could be set up) that I recognized.

Really looking forward to whomever Ellis/DC picks out to do the other books. Michael Cray should be the next one.

>they didn't really forced themselves on non-mutants titles
tell that to Uncanny Avengers

exactly.

fuck yeah, New Warriors Forever
Warriors, come out and plaaaay

I'm really hoping Kamala and Moon Girl aren't actual members of this team.
Like they're just there to help out on occasion.

Is the fire guy Toro?

LEL, Uncanny avengers was in the 90s?
ALSO, we all know that the only reason that avengers have an x-team, is to farm / steal / take away some x-men characters from x-books. That's why Rogue and Cable could only appear in avengers, but nowhere else.

Fuck Avengers, the shitties, most cancerous franchise that ruins everything it touches

Nope, that Inferno cunt.

Inferno (the first of the nuhumans)

will be nice to see someone who wants to use him get a crack at the character. (assuming Rosenberg does want to use him, and isn't just being forced to)

>acting as if they didn't beg to get deadpool in their shitty titles to save their asses.

They wanted mutants to beef their series up.

very nice that someone bothered to remember the name. I wonder if you remember the date of your mother's birthday. Probably not. But you do know a name of some shitty fireguy (like there weren't already too many of them)

What Namor becoming a mutant, or Devil dinosaur. iirc for a while humans getting powers from accidents was attributed to the sleeper X-gene that the celestials put into everyone.

They aren't universally despised.

Why not remember him? He had a pretty brutal introduction, he couldn't control his fire at first and spent a lot of time covered in 4th degree burns. You know, NuHumans begun as a very promising comic. First NuHumans were monsters, not in control of their powers, with their loved ones dead after botched terrigenesis.
Only later it all devolved into the full blown pro-royal family Triumph of the Will.

Namor being a mutant wasn't forced, because if you read his origins that were written in the 50s, they fit perfectly with the x-men lore.

Here how it goes
-Namor is a teenager and walks and chills on some frozen land
-The ice suddenly cracks and he falls down
-Suddenly, wings appear on his ankles under high duress
-He escapes the death
I shit you not, this is his origins

Devil Dinosaur
-Young Dinosaur is being bullied by monkeys
-He is thrown to fire
-He doesn't die, but instead changes his skin
-He develops a low-level telepathic ability

I mean, how else are you going to explain it in-universe?

The thing is, the reason that Namor and DD were connected to mutants wasn't because they wanted to promote X-Men. Nope, they wanted to promote Namor and DD, by making them cool, by making them part of X-Men lore

And it was happening outside of the x-office, much to their dismay, because in the 90s there was huge animosity between various offices

Rob Liefeld talked about this, I'm too drunk to google it right now

Inferno is a "NuHuman" so yeah he is. Karnak not so much (hes still a shithuman, but not as shit as some). IDK about Quake. And we are still mad that Marvel keeps on putting Kamal into so many teams its pissing us all off.

Thank you for telling me his biography, I really wanted to know it in such detail, and thank you for telling me that he is the NuHuman, because I really wanted to know that he is a NuHuman, you know? New Inhuman = NuHuman if you didn't catch it already. But you made a minor mistake. It's not NuHumans, it's NuHumans TM (R) (C)

its a shame that Inferno got written off so quickly, simply because Marvel didn't want to delay the Inhumans book any further by having JoeMad or anyone else redraw the first issues

>the book has fuckall to the original secret warriors
>heroes/agents going underground to fight against a corrupt regime wherein a villain has gained control of the traditional power structures
>led by Quake
Sounds like Secret Warriors to me, senpai. Just with inhumans instead of children of super-villains and with less Nick Fury.

It doesn't sound like Secret Warriors to me, senpai. I don't know what does it have to do with Secret Warriors senpai

I get Namor, but how does DD work, when the celestials weren't fucking around with dinosaurs?

The dinosaurs roamed free with humans

That not entirely the Inhumans faults. I don't know if notice but every book has constant guest appearances. It's why we have line wide events every other month. Nothing is allowed to stay in it's own lane.

post booty

Do you think they'll have the balls to kill off their child character, like the original Secret Warriors did? Don't think so.

Tell it to someone who cares

Look at it this way, at least this one isn't being written by Waid and isn't trying to push Waid's half-assed #unwoke agendas.

user you clearly care

>bitching about a comic you haven't read
wew lad. Not only are you missing out on Captain Hydra's Wild Ride, you're doing it because of misconceptions about how the "Steve is HYDRA" thing worked.

I only care about shitposting
I don't know if I am allowed to post it

>I don't care and have to tell everyone that I don't care. Do you hear, world, I don't care!

well you are a terrible fucking shitposter then

I'm sorry

He got written off quickly because he was a hold-over from what would have been Fraction's run and Soule had 0 interest in him. It's funny that he's the one that's surviving past IvX while most of SOule's OCs are getting trashed.

>I mean, how else are you going to explain it in-universe?
Devil Dinosaur was a Devil Beast. It's not like he was the only super-dinosaur. You can make the argument that that makes him the dinosaur equivalent of a mutant, but he's not a mutant. He didn't get his powers from Celestial Tampering. He doesn't have an x-gene.

>all those pretty faces
not muh inhumans

Karnak was a dick since his first appearance.

>It's not like he was the only super-dinosaur.
he kinda was. the thing is, it was explained in-universe. the thing is, it's not my fault but people like Gruenwald

But he was a sweet dick, not a hood dick
I hate condoms, though

When did Quake become a loli?

I like his new look much better. Its the only thing that is better about the new Karnak than the older version.

I think most people are use to post Jenkins Karnak who always spoke politely and did fucked up thing in secret.

I don't