Why are people obsessed with turning anime into live action?

Why are people obsessed with turning anime into live action?
ANIMATION DOES NOT TRANSLATE TO LIVE ACTION
IT JUST DOESN'T WORK

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6k6XdRRdhV4
youtube.com/watch?v=VjW81DpMVmo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>both stars of Shamless in this piece of shit
LOL

They are?

I wonder if they were cast because of this

I still consider this the worst movie I've ever seen

Black Swan is great
Fritz Lang's remake of Metropolis is good too
and death note wasn't bad you weeb faggot

Mila Kunis black Sean? I didn't realize that was an anime. It was good. Explains the Yuri and craziness though

they probably do it to trigger autistic neckbeards like you OP

Aronovsky bought the rights to Perfect Blue, so he could put one of the scenes in Requim for a Dream, and then he did a loose remake of it with Black Swan.

>death note wasn't bad
The Japanese ones?

I argue that they just haven't been given enough of a chance. Western comics and graphic novels get adapted to movies a lot with varying success. Japanese anime is mostly based off of manga. If you take into account the ratio of good comic book movies to bad ones, it's not so strange that pretty much all live-action movies based on Japanese comics suck.

I think it's all about getting the right director. Has there ever been a case of a great director working on an anime movie?

It doesn't work because the source material is infantile wish fulfillment.

Anime can work with live-action, but obviously not with something like DB. The art style is too vital to its appeal, and its comedy is extremely over-the-top in a way that works best in animation.

I turned it off after 15 mins.. It's just incredible how shameless the industry is. Making a quick buck off the backs of people's fond memories of a fun show.

the first samurai x live action was kino as fuck
the other two felt a bit rushed but they are still good. Its all about the quality of the manga its based off.

Death Note and Kaiji sucked though.

>ANIMATION DOES NOT TRANSLATE TO LIVE ACTION

Wrong

God I love that image

Reminder that people who are talking about this just saw the nostalgia critic review

I am not sure about this marketing

>let's make something just to piss off people

Is this really profitable?

i'll include manga and not just anime

the jap live action versions of
Death Note
Ichi the killer
OldBoy
Bakuman
Ruroni Kenshin
Hachimitsu to Clover
Nana
Dororo
20th Century Boys
Assassination Classroom
Gantz
Initial D

i can go on but the morale of the story is that anime/manga can be done as live action just keep Hollywood out of it and it can be good

this.
leave it to the ping pongs that make this shit. aside from their atrocious cgi, they know how best to handle the material.

Korean movie from 1990 is way better than american shit

youtube.com/watch?v=6k6XdRRdhV4

Which part of "Its all about the quality of the manga its based off." did you not understand?

>The plot was literally about Goku being bullied in high school

>dbe isn't kino
baka
youtube.com/watch?v=VjW81DpMVmo

It's crazy too considering I can think of a few anime that would translate well to Live actions

>reminding the good citizens of Sup Forums of this abomination
Fuck you you fucking piece of shit I hope someone puts paste up your ass