Mr.Robot.S03E05

Mr.Robot.S03E05

I don't know why but I was really put off in season 2. I never continued watching. The show jumped the shark far too soon.

she's very cute, but in a kind of ugly way.

Because they just went full Fight Club. It was a series about a mentally fragile autist who is good at "hacking" who is trying to fight a corporation.
Now it is about Bruce Banner trying to fight the Hand and a Time lord.

Bazinga!

Season 2 was the creator deliberately trying to fuck with the audience and subvert expectations. I enjoyed the season, but the mystery wasn't natural at all.

Haven't seen season 3 at all, can someone give me a quick rundown on what's happened so far?

ive seen it all but would also appreciate a rundown

Angela has been MK Ultra'd by White Rose
Tyrell's whereabouts in S2 are explained
Joanna is kill
Darlene is working with the FBI
We're introduced to some used car salesman running shit for WR
Elliot now works for E-Corp
Mr. Robot and Elliot have become separate entities within the same body
But most importantly Elliot gets Flipper back.

elliot regrets what he has done and somehow gets another job at ecorp to try and fix it

They still haven't blown up that building that they've been planning to blow up

Why make the episode look like one continueous shot when it's very clear that that is not what it actually is?

I'm not saying that they should've tried to actually make it a single take, i'm just saying that it's not actually possible, so why sacrifice a lot of cinematography and good framing for the sake of it? Not only that but i actually felt that it was pretty disruptive because of how much it flaunted itself.

Why does China want to use Congo to mine bitcoins so bad despite the block size issue not being fixed?

So everyone working with White Rose wish to change something about their past or their current situation. They've already shown a hadron collider implying parallel dimensions or some shit like that. White Rose enjoys cross-dressing. From all this I deduce White Rose's grand plan is to alter reality in some way to become a woman?

time machine. spoilers were posted months ago

I remember saying at the time, it sounded so fucking retarded and terrible that it had to be true. Here we are.

The lengths this show goes to to fuck itself up are incredible

I was disappointed. I thought it was going to be a true one-shot, but there were dozens of obvious cuts that they disguised as somebody passing directly in front of the camera.

45 min true one shot would just be a waste of time and resources.

Esmail can't help himself. He refuses to change a bad idea.

>White Rose's grand plan is to alter reality in some way to become a woman?
God, I hope that's not his main objective. That would be anti-climactic as fuck.
But, yeah, the Mandela Effect hint could point to parallel universes.

45 min one shot would be near impossible.

The fuck happened to this show.
It was okay in the first episodes, but then it started to fall apart.

DUDE BIRDMAN LMAO

it's fine. stop being overdramatic. literally nothing else on tv is like it and it tries to do more with the format every episode than most shows even try in entire seasons.

there's also the prequel episode where we see what happened to tyrrel after the end of season 1

>I thought it was going to be a true one-shot

Brainlet

Season 3 has been fucking great so far. I've enjoyed every single episode more than the ones in season 2

>anti-climactic

It’s not exactly the world’s most exciting motive, but rewriting reality is pretty climactic regardless of the why.

he literally said "tyrell's whereabouts in s2 explained"

Yeah, but I imagined him having this great and beautiful vision of a better world or the like, which was the thing that compelled Angela to do his bidding.
But I'm guessing her motive is just "muh daddy".

yeah saw that after I posted. sorry, didn't sleep well last night.

Good episode. The constant alarm noise was kinda annoying. It was interesting how the dark army agents would show up to save her at just the right time.

her dad is still alive in the alternate universe you pleb

Why was he eating her hamburger?

>she's very cute, but in a kind of ugly way.
Her best scene in the whole series is when she sings karaoke

haven't watched this season but this sounds like the thieves guild in oblivion

I know. Which is why I'm saying, I'm guessing her reason is "muh daddy", as in she can bring her father back to life this way.
And I find that a lot less appealing than the idea of a greater world vision or the like.

He wasn’t, hers was in the bag.

What's her endgame?

best ep of the season so far. camera work was sweet, didn't even notice they were doing the continuous one shot thing until about 15 minutes into it (obviously has cuts but was still good)

Personally I think they chose this style to complement this part of the story. This is probably one of the biggest and most important acts by F-Society and the Dark Army and it happens under an hour. This day was the day that the UN vote was going down plus the whole plan from White Rose/Dark Army.

I thought the way that they chose to film this perfectly captured this part of the story and gave it extra effect.

I agree. Best season so far.

there is lots of writing on the effects long takes and tracking shots have on the audience. It helps build tension across time. The cut/destination becomes more and more consequential the longer it is held off.

Fair enough.
I still found it to be distracting but i guess that's on me.

it's a style choice to make you feel more involved in what's happening, they did it very well even with the obvious cuts. there's a lot of prep and practice for stuff like this because one small fuckup means you have to redo the entire 5-8 minute scene from the start

A greater world vision is going to spring from lesser personal experiences of unfairness.

>my genitals aren’t what they needed to be
>what if they could have been what they needed to be
>what if EVERYONE’S genitals could have been what they needed to be

Just replace genitals with parents, job prospects, not being homeless, etc. and aim everyone with those different ‘what ifs’ at the project. Boom, global scope.

this episode got really fucking dark out of no where

shiit meant to put subtitles in, whatever the bitrate is pretty shitty too.

serious: can I skip season 2? I heard it was awful and I really dont feel like powering through an entire fucking season of television. first season was decent

You think he's dead? I bet they also killed the woman who saw her.

Then I don't understand why anyone would object or try to halt the making of this machine.
If it literally fulfills the wishes of everyone, why isn't all states pouring resources into it?

"Can I skip major parts of the story because I heard it was bad without having watched an episode myself"

The subtitles for this scene said [skull cracking]

and I was like "oh, so that's what it sounds like"

Thanks user, I appreciate it

there is a lot of filler in season 2, it's more about the fallout of what elliot did than progressing the plot, there are important things you will miss if you don't watch it though

It's not awful, you just need to skip through the first couple of episodes
Yeah, I don't think they killed those people because they knew Angela was with White Rose though

just binge it. Leave it on while you surf hentai forums. play it on your phone while you poop.

don't pretend like you have better things to do.

You literally see him dead on the floor in a puddle of blood after Angela exits the HSM room

you know stuff is filmed in different sets right

who else just reads the plots of these episodes and doesnt watch the actual show?

I do agree that some of the transitions and edits they used were painfully obvious though and brought me out of it a bit.

you may be autistic

Brainlets who don't enjoy cinematography.
Why is Sup Forums so trash.

I basically did this for all of LOST. it was confusing as fuck lol

Maybe but don't be surprised if your confused as fuck when you start season 3. The biggest twist in season 2 is that Elliot is in prison for most of it

I just want to know the twists

Honestly, how is this time machine going to work out?

I am expecting a universe A/universe B scenario, ala homestuck

And for some reason I think that we have started in universe b.

White Rose is MtF in B, FtM in A?
Elliot is alive in b, Robot is alive in A
Trump won in b, Stein won in A or whothefuckever

i think its going to be more like the matrix than anything else, regardless of where it takes someone. they jack into it, go somewhere for a certain amount of money, then come back.

NGL, so far S03 is really disappointing.

Just now started season 3. Please tell me your memeing about this time travel shit. Which episode does it become apparent?

Yeah, you see his body when Angela is retreating back.

it's not really time travel, but there's a scene with a scientist talking about parallel universes at some huge LHC looking thing

meant to reply to

>"When you told me i couldn't see what was above me, only in front of me... We are gods"
>"What the fuck are you talking about?"

Was that last line the hint to the third personality?

It wasn't out of nowhere, it was a gradual build up

I stopped watching when I saw the whole "fuck blimpf i love corporatism now", almost as bad as american horror story

whatever nerd

Whats that fucking movie with the self storage time machines? Primer? Prolly like that

Its absolutely nothing like AHS

I think they are portraying donnie reasonably, especially considering the showrunner's prejudice against him. Hell, this episode prominently features paid protesters and is vehemently anti china

pls no

it has some great moments which is worth watching the slow parts. i say give it another go.

>Then I don't understand why anyone would object or try to halt the making of this machine

Because most of them don’t even know it exists, for starters. Most of the ones who do know don’t know what it’s actually for, for seconds. And good fucking luck getting the whole world to agree on how the unified vision should happen, for thirds. And fourths, personnel deaths are considered a normal technical difficulty for this device. Even people who are okay with breaking eggs to make omelettes might step back and say, “Wait a minute, this is too many eggs.”

Also, we don’t know that it would ‘fulfill the wishes of everyone’. If it’s a time machine, people might get second chances at pivotal decisions, but that doesn’t mean their other choice would have been better or that the choices that branch from that choice would have been better. If it’s a parallel universe search engine, we don’t know what the consequences of swapping people in and out would be. We don’t even know if this theory is correct yet!

Yes and while we are at it... just bring back commerical breaks.

Why have 45 minutes of continious action building great tension and asking for 45 minutes of your full attention.

You people complain about everything. Just stick to capeshit, its more your speed.

its pure kino. only those who were pleb filtered shit on it

How the hell there were no cameras in the rooms when Angela was doing shit?

the fuck blumpf scene was power cringe but you have to please the libshits to get the show on tv

but the show has a steady track record of not doing the obvious thing. If fight club had not been a thing, no one would have pick up on the split personality till much later.

keep finding fault with it tho, I forgot you have experience in creating tvs and film.

I am so sick of this millenial scumfuck generation where everyone is arrogant, its like everyone is a king and everything in their life is a jester trying to get their approval.

Millenials have already surpassed boomers in all categories of being bad people, yall are just too arrogant to see it.

>Because most of them don’t even know it exists
>Most of the ones who do know don’t know what it’s actually for
Why not inform them?
>good fucking luck getting the whole world to agree on how the unified vision should happen
If it works like you implied, it benefits everyone.
>personnel deaths are considered a normal technical difficulty for this device
Wouldn't be necessary if everyone worked together.

>If it’s a time machine
What you suggested wasn't a time machine, but the ability to enter alternate realities.
>We don’t even know if this theory is correct yet!
We are also just discussing, friendo.

What did she find in the bag in the last scene?

The Tyrell episode was great. Too bad he's a cunt now.

loads of kino scenes in this episode

loved the camer work

The show turned to such shit after season one you mother fuckers make up head canon about time machines.

Hey look another twelve year old who hasn't seen Enter the Void. Mr Robot rips off everyone and does hardly anything original while the camera work is practically a joke at this point.

Enter The Void didn't invent third person POVs you gigantic pleb.

the fact that you call it a rip off and don't even know what EtV is ripping off is hilarious.

It was the last production in nearly a decade now that used the technique in a somewhat original manner to actually help tell the story on a visual level not just to be a meme episode and hype your dying show.