This film is underrated

This film is underrated

It gets a lot of hate from normies, for some reason. Fucking great horror movie that doesn't overly rely on jump scares (though there are a few). The score is fucking fantastic, when the title roll happens and the spooky music kicks in gets me hyped every time.

It's a great movie but pretentious faggots hate it because it's about renewing your faith in God.

Are you kidding?
Even today it's seen as one of shaymalan's best works (not saying a lot) and that it really stands out among them.
And that's not just us on Sup Forums speaking, it's generally getting at least an alright response

It's seriously a good film but gets dismissed a lot because of the M Night name. I also like The Village, fight me. Everything else he's done was shit.

>hurt durr the water was blessed!

What about all the water every where else in the world?

Good thing they had a butchers knife and a old wooden door to stop the aliens.

And what was that swing away mom flashback stuff at the end?

Complete shit movie. Relatively good compared to the whole body of his work.

There are some really stupid plot points, but if you can pass over these things the movie is pretty damn good

RT audience score is at 67%, it seems a little low for such a great movie. Yeah yeah, Rotten Tomatoes is a meme and shit, I know.

what about it?

I remember people praising the shit out of this when it came out.
I'm guessing most of the hate these days comes from jaded teens saying, "LOL THAT'S NOT EVEN SCARY"

The hell are you talking about? It has nothing to do with blessed holy water. The kid having and asthma attack so he didn't breathe the poison, the girl being autistic and leaving water everywhere, Joaquin Phoenix being able to swing a bat like a maniac, his dying wife saying "swing away", it all builds up to Mel Gibson's character thinking they can't all be coincidences, and having his faith in God renewed after it was taken from him.

Yeah, everyone loved it when it came out. Saw it with my brother when I was like 13, scared the absolute shit outta both of us.

well maybe tell me the name of the movie so I can go watch trailer and tell you how bad it is

And that was one of the greatest things of the movie honestly.
I'm an atheist by the way, I just think it was very well delivered, we aren't even sure it was faith, foreseeing or just weird coincidence, it was very well made

Yeah, I'm not religious at all, and I agree. It was very well done, and it made me warm and fuzzy to see Mel Gibson regain his faith at the end and turn back into the loving father/brother/pastor he was before his wife was killed.

joaquin phoenix got kicked out of minor league baseball because of his strike record

"it felt wrong not to swing"

so his flaw is redeemed when swinging the bat saves the family. the mom flashback just informs the relationship between shyamalan's and gibson's characters and why gibson dropped out of priesting

This film is great.

The film has great atmosphere which is very comfy to me. And some good acting.

Also some silly moments, like with Shamalayana's part.

Didn't like the ending too much, but still a good movie.

based crossposter

>ywn be calmed down by mel gibson during your asthma attack.

why even live?