Why did they drop the tossed salad and scrambled eggs arc?

Why did they drop the tossed salad and scrambled eggs arc?

Other urls found in this thread:

frasierverse.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Shows
google.com/search?q=pal speedup&oq=pal speedup&aqs=chrome..69i57.1551j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
youtube.com/watch?v=UuQAEVLljF4
youtube.com/watch?v=EXGvVzQ7rDI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They didn't know what to do.

>Frasier discards Daphne's baby and starts giving her the tongue as she stands there in her lingerie

Webm plz

The episode where they open a restaurant is the best episode

Well maybe

>the episode where ros starts dating freddie glenn

too soon imo

CRANE?

I liked the one with the shenanigans at the ski lodge, where everybody is into someone who isn't into them. Hilarity did indeed ensue

NO, SCARECROW!

meant for
sorry to for the false (You)

NILES!

Sorry Frasier

>Frasier tongue'd Daphne's asshole in front of her baby

Woah, how did Frasier get away with it?

eddie is best boy

That song is actually a callback to Cheers. Frasier got in the middle of one of Sam and Diane's fights and yelled, "You two loony bin escapees go together about as good as tossed salad and scrambled eggs!"

has anyone found any good downloads of the how?

all i see in torrents are avi, found a good MKV one it has black bars on either side which means something was off in the rip, but it seems the best one digitally.

I own all the seasons, but would love a digital collection I didnt need to stream.

thanks for that piece of trivia. none of these other fucking loser cunt cowards in this thread appreciated it--but it did.

Well done!

that makes no sense I get eggs on my salad all the time.

I thought the tossed salad was a callback to ass eating and the scrambled eggs was a callback to having scrambled eggs for breakfast.

HOw do I show frasier to a friend who never saw frasier before but I know will like it and end up binge watching it?

Do they need to see him on cheers? Would they feel like their missing out and bitch and moan later at me at not getting references in the show from cheers?
Is there a cheers list someone has made to watch frasier?

new Fraiser series episode 1
> scene opens to empty chair of dead father
> camera pans to kitchen with a burnt lump of something on the table
> fraiser is revealed, bloated and jaundiced sitting at the table.
>he takes a bite from the unknown thing on table
>niles walks in
>"fraiser, is.. is that eddy?"
>fraiser slowly gazes at niles and vomit leaks from his mouth
>end

I'd like to know this as well, I've only watched a couple episodes of cheers and would like an essential Frasier episode list so I can watch his best episodes in it.

Is this a new meme?

>essential Frasier episode list
chek'd

Anyone know the series well enough to maybe make us an infograph to start?
We could always add to it later.

just watch the show i didn't watch cheers and frasier is great

>new

>just watch the show i didn't watch cheers and frasier is great
I dont disagree at all.

Just wondering if anyone was knowledgeable enough to offer insight into cheers for those of us liking this frasier show. Most of us werent even alive when these shows were on.

>most of us weren't alive
You dumb nigger cheers was still airing in 93 and frasier ran until 04. Most of us were alive in 93 or earlier, just because you and your underage faggot friends weren't doesn't mean the majority of this site weren't.

Does anyone know if this cheers show people are talking about exists in mkv?

I understand its a coming of age story following the central role of a down and out bartender as he discovers himself through his tradecraft serving drinks to customers.

Ive seen every Cheers and Frasier episode. Frasier doesnt even become a part of the main cast of cheers until season 3. I think almost every Cheers episode is worth watching, there is a handful of bad ones though, mostly in the seasons where Diane left. I could do an infograph if enough people are interested. Could take some time though as im not home at the moment.

that face when Frasier aired over 30 years ago

>I could do an infograph if enough people are interested.
very interested.

I dont think cheers was a bad show though, but for binge watching it would be a great asset for frasier threads.

Seconded, thanks user, could you post the ep nubmers with titles and maybe?

thanks for your glorious knowledge of 2 great shows to share with us. I know their very obscure today, but maybe these shows will see a resurgence given the current state of TV and how pathetic it is.

Has this show been released yet with the original footage so its 4k?

cant tell on amazon the quality.

what about cheers is that in 4k? youd think being 2017 they would all be in 4k at least.

>tfw you unironically enjoy Fraiser but can't post about it on Sup Forums

I don't know what the fuck you're talking about, this is one of the few shows that Sup Forums universally loves. Only others I know are eastbound and down, curb, seinfeld, nathan for you, and the sopranos.

bumping for this

This is a great idea user!

anyone found a frasier wiki?

also what are frasier fans called? fasierites?

Frasinians

How about Frasicians? since hes a doctor

Alright, I'm home now, should I do both infographs of Cheers & Frasier Separate From another or group them together? because there are a lot of episodes of both.

hmmmm maybe do them all? maybe a collage too?

I think that might be easier what do you think?

AMAZON PRIME HAS DVD QUALITY FRASIER, BIG PILLARBOXES ON BOTH SIDES, ONLY SEASON 10 AND 11 ARE HD

AMAZON ALSO HAS CHEERS UNTIL SEASON 9, DVD PILLARBOXED

I think it would be easier to just make two separate infographs. I'm going to start with the Cheers one first since of people on Sup Forums aren't as similar with it as Frasier.

>ONLY SEASON 10 AND 11 ARE HD
why only those 2?

are they planning a remaster series?

THE LAST 2 SEASONS AIRED IN HD

CHEERS GOT A REMASTER BUT THEYRE STILL 4:3

looking forward to it user.

>CHEERS GOT A REMASTER BUT THEYRE STILL 4:3
That sounds comfy af they didnt crop everything out like some do. How do they look? are they in 4k?

Are the 2 seasons of Frasier you mentioned in 4k? how many fps or are they variable?

ITS ALL 24FPS, NONE ARE 4K, 1440X1080 MAX, CHEERS LOOKS GOOD ITS A FILM RESCAN

>ITS A FILM RESCAN
wow that is impressive so using the original raw footage, dang that is sweet. Do they still sell that set for cheers?

Also does anyone know if all 11 seasons of frasier are 4:3 or not?

1-9 4:3
10-11 16:9

Actually, more than an essential Frasier episode list, I think I kinda need an essential Vintage Roz episode list. Anybody have anything like that?

what show is roz from before frasier?

>10-11 16:9
Were they originally 4:3 and then for the dvds they zoomed them in or were they naturally 16:9?

im about 1/3 of the way done, its in mspaint and im trying to make it as easy to follow as i can

thanks user!

no photoshop? maybe that would be easier or faster? if you want I could try to help?

I'm trying to collect all christmas episodes of frasier and looking for some episodes to supplement that. What kind of wintry/snow themed episodes are there outside of the christmas ones?

Versions on Netflix are grainy and edited from the original broadcast, probably the same tapes used for syndication.

How do the DVDs compare?

>Were they originally 4:3 and then for the dvds they zoomed them in or were they naturally 16:9?
DVDs are all 4:3, even Seasons 10 and 11

There is probably an original 16:9 master for the show out there, but some shots would have to be cropped if they remastered it.

im better at mspaint and i got this.

>I own all the seasons
RIP
THAT
SHIT
NIGGA

HERES A PAL 576P DVD SOURCE SHOT FROM S1

S10 S11 ARE 16:9 ON AMAZON BECAUSE NBC AIRED THEM THAT WAY

hmmmm what version is the mkv another user suggested? They seem low light and grainy but maybe that is the best that exists?

Has there been a remaster released off the raw footage yet?

so hmmm I guess there is no 16:9 versions of that series that exist then? just 4:3 with the big black bars it sounds like?

Where could we get the original footage to make HD rips? Who owns the show to ask for permission?

>RIP
>THAT
>SHIT
I dont think there is a point, this might sound odd but i found a version online that is actually less grainy than my dvd set somehow. Not sure about later seasons never got to them yet.,

>so hmmm I guess there is no 16:9 versions of that series that exist then? just 4:3 with the big black bars it sounds like?
No there are, but strangely only on streaming services. That last two seasons are in full HD

>PAL
no thanks. Everyone sounds like a chipmunk.

that's bullshit but I believe it
lots of things get awful DVD releases, and that was all the more true in the era when Frasier was ending because DVDs and players had just stopped being big luxury items

Frasier have you seen that bird anywhere?

0.96 PLAYBACK SPEED

>no thanks. Everyone sounds like a chipmunk.
what do you mean? its not sped up or doesnt seem to be.

>lots of things get awful DVD releases
Hmmm well i got the complete set, but i dont know what source they used for the first few seasons I have watched. I did hear a rumor I think in one of the reviews when I bought it about how the DVD for some reason used the VHS masters because they were lazy.

Something about how the show was set to have more seasons on VHS so they made masters but noone bought VHS anymore so they just used those for transfers, I dont know if that is true just I remember.

who is this maris person niles claims he is married too, are they ever seen on the show?

binging season one now, really enjoying this vintage show, everything is so retro back then its really amazing!

>what show is roz from before frasier?
frasierverse.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Shows

google.com/search?q=pal speedup&oq=pal speedup&aqs=chrome..69i57.1551j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Yes it is. Some user did a watchalong for Frasier on Channel 4 the other day and theres a noticable difference

>Yes it is. Some user did a watchalong for Frasier on Channel 4 the other day and theres a noticable difference
thanks for the info user, that does explain why these pal eps are only a bit over 20 minutes long each. I dont notice the audio as much though it doesnt seem too bad too me at least, but im not an audiophile.

Who could we get the original footage from though to make better rips? who would have it?

Im not following I went to the link and it says there are 30 seasons of fanficiton? Those arent real shows.

No need to start on Cheers. They won't feel like they're missing out at all. The best Frasier episodes are the ones built on enormous misunderstandings, like The Doctor Is Out, The Ski Lodge, High Holidays, or Ham Radio.

Surely some torrent sites have at least DVD quality. Though I'm not sure how those compare with the original in-studio masters that are locked up somewhere. It could very well be that they're sourced from either the syndication versions of Frasier or from the VHS masters (on which seasons 1 - 4 were initially released in the late 90s). Somebody would have to do a side by side comparison.

can't tell if you're serious or on forty levels of trolling

>Surely some torrent sites have at least DVD quality.
I own the DVD's that is what Im saying. Sorry for any confusion.

Its just I notice at least my complete NTSC set from amazon I notice is lower quality somehow than the pal version. I believe the NTSC versions are sourced from the unreleased VHS masters that were made but since VHS was dead they used them for the DVD's. Im unsure what the pal source was, maybe they used the show masters to make them pal format since i really doubt the would take NTSC VHS masters to make PAL masters.

>can't tell if you're serious or on forty levels of trolling
No Im not trolling it says that on the link, check yourself my friend.

Wait so you have the NTSC or PAL dvd?

im still working on the cheers chart if anyone is still interested forgot how many episodes there were so it might take a bit

Yes!

youtube.com/watch?v=UuQAEVLljF4

I have the NTSC dvd complete set which are the low quality grainy ones at least the early seasons I watched. I never even checked the later seasons really I think except once and they had HUGE black bars on the top and bottom real weird.

They seem lower quality than these digital PAL rips Im getting when comparing at least. But as another user said the PAL ones are a hint faster due to frame rate differences but too me its un noticable, though other people say on the PAL version they sound like chipmunks.

did he dieded?

So you have the digital PAL rips too? Would you mind doing a side by side comparison of a few scenes (ie something from season 1, maybe one from 4, one from 8, and one from 11) and I can cross reference with what's on Netflix.

From another angle
youtube.com/watch?v=EXGvVzQ7rDI

>So you have the digital PAL rips too?
Im getting them they seem better than my NTSC dvds but at least in the early seasons I have not checked the latter to see, though I suspect the latter NTSC ones are VHS remasters because the video is in a tiny little box because their 16:9 in a 4:3 box.

Im not sure if the images would tell much as others said the audio it appears to be more noticeable since the PAL versions are trimmed down a few frames causing the show to seem a smidge faster.

A comparison that might take some time. I will if I get around too it been so busy lately, I kinda idle this thread with the show in background while working here on filings.

How do they look on netflix? its streamed but is there any way to tell if its pal or ntsc at all?

You still making that m8?

bro wait, take a break download photoshop and use that,

it might be 100 times easier and faster.

plus you can sve it and change it later if needed.

im already half way done

>Hallmark channel showing christmas shit 24/7 straight for 2 months
>No comfy late night Frasier reruns

>CHRISTMAS SHIT BEGAN PLAYING AT THE END OF SEPTEMBER

EVERY YEAR THEY START EARLIER

ABSOLUTE MADMEN

they dont have the frasier eps on Hallmark?

who owns this frasier show anyways it is a network or a studio etc?

No hallmark literally has been airing christmas movies for weeks now and will do so until sometime in january.

frasier was on NBC but produced by CBS-Paramount

>tfw you had a cut milf professor who asked if anyone liked frasier
>you were the only person who watched it and you had a fun conversation about it

My 8th grade teacher used to turn on the tv when a local station played Frasier reruns every morning right before homeroom. she was a real milf.

thanks user any idea who owns the rights though between the 2?

What christmas shows does hallmark show, any we might know? Or is it all hallmark crap?