"I'm such a nerd"

No one finds it the least bit humorous that Blade Runner 2049 flopped despite being kino and sci-fi kino at that? I mean, all these "geeks" and "nerds" around you'd think it'd do well.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=988VZGk_ytA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The word "nerd" lost all meaning years ago. Your average modern "nerd" is a normie who likes Star Wars and capeshit.

Do people think these figures are collectible and will appreciate in value?

Needed more quips.
>luv breaks the morgue guy's neck
>Why don't you take a break?
>k drowns luv
>You're all washed up.

Some of them clearly do, but I think for most it's "My first nerd figurine".

Funko pop shares have dropped to around $8. You think it's worth buying or it's a bad investment?

reminder nerd culture has always been for pathetic manchildren, the only difference now adays is that that aptly describes most normal people too now

It was a surreal and annoying experience watch people leave halfway through the film.

Just watched Predator in the cinema today and realised that even that would probably be too slow for today's adhd audiences.

can someone explain how these toys become so popular? what kind of human psychology are they preying on to make these things sell so goddamn well?

I hate those fucking things.

Nerd culture is dead, it's been replaced by retards who ironically spout memes on facebook.

I think it's more Goldman overvaluing the stock in the first place than the market not valuing the stock. I'm going to buy a little, at 8 it's a good punt, I easily see it hitting 12 again, maybe not much higher though.

Reminder that Blade Runner 2049 is for brainlets who think they're smart.

I think the last bastion of actual 'nerd' culture are the groups of people that play dungeons and dragons and heroquest and all that boardgame shite

Fuck jewllywood and diversity.

Out of control virtue signaling to appease some fucking corrupt survey consultant org that says you need more outreach or some other fucking buffoonery.

Libtards have no money and mooch of everyone else. WTF did you think was going to happen? Only people with paying jobs actually can afford the luxury of spending $20 for a movie ticket.

Who the fuck wants to spend $20 to see forced diversity bullshit and terrible stories.

>gotta catch 'em all

I'm not saying it was ever good, I'm saying it has been completely co-opted. "Nerd" culture has been normie as fuck ever since the mid 00s.

My brother plays D&D and he's one of the pop-buying, MCU fan, green lantern tshirt wearing, TBBT-loving types, so that's definitely not true.

Post your top 10

I haven't thought about that. Blade Runner is more of a geek thing though.

>a geek thing though.

At this point nerd and geek are interchangeable.

Because BR2049 was actually a real movie, and not a children's movie marketed for fat American adults. Nothing surprising, nothing funny about it.

whats the deal with those pop figures? they look like shit Tbh

I hate those pop vinyl figures. A dead giveaway of a normie.

not in my mind but generally yes I agree.

Post your top 10

Those things are ugly as hell, but if you want to furnish your house with figurines go for it.

HOWEVER people who leave them in packaging just baffle me. It looks like shit. Like your home is a warehouse. Why would anyone do this?

Still waiting to cash out on my beanie babies, marbles, neopoints, pogs and china dishware.

Intolerance
M
The Magnificent Ambersons
Ivan's Childhood
Throne of Blood
Stroszek
Wild Strawberries
Andrei Rublev
Chimes at Midnight
McCabe & Mrs. Miller

Pretty run of the mill hollywood shit. Chinatown, taxi driver, 2001 space odyssey, godfather, goodfellas, pulp fiction, T2, memento etc.

I've worked with a guy who had a bunch and made a good amount of money off of some

God, do people think this kind of shit looks good as a display? Just a bunch of boxes. If you're going to collect these just fucking take them out of the box and display them. Oh wait, then you won't be able to tell who anyone is.
I did end up buying some POPs myself - a few Eleven POPs. But I fucking tossed the boxes and just added them to my Stranger Things display

These movies aren't good.

what are they in line for?
what is that thing with dreadlocks?
such fascinating creatures

Doesn't matter, they're overpriced and they've got nerd IP branding, that means they're cool

>beanie babies

I'm sure those things are worth something now.

Fucking normies have ruined retro game collecting. Saw a complete Golden Axe Warrior in a cash converter-type shop and they were charging £100 for it.

collecting anything has always been autistic

A single normal pop collector has hundreds if not thousands of them and sees them as an investment.

youtube.com/watch?v=988VZGk_ytA

hating on funko and MCU is the new middle school neck beard virtue signaling. I get it, you like your cartoon heroes with an Edge

But they're all for movies that get released like 8 times a year? Who's expected to reminisce THOR THREE years from now enough to pay more than original price for some thanos figure?

Yeah man, real men have these kind of figures.

>everyone watches capeshit, only different brands of it
user...

A shop that sells primarily funko pop opened near me recently. I've for a huge desire to fucking firebomb the place

nintendo switch.

kek

Honestly I think at this stage they are a good investment, if only because people think they're a good investment. That girl will probably always be able to find someone who doesn't think the market's peaked yet so she can hand them off for a profit. It's one of those "don't get caught holding the bag" deals

No idea. I only have one and it was bought for me. Its Darkseid and I put it with the few comic books I have. I never understood the appeal of ornament's though

>A shop that sells primarily funko pop opened near me recently

I got a link to sell these plastic pieces of crap but apparently the margins are pretty thin.

>I'm going to buy a little, at 8 it's a good punt, I easily see it hitting 12 again

Might as well.

feh...normies, right??

>required posting

If they scripted like this it would be a top 10 seller of all time here in burgerland

If the last bastion 'nerd' culture is filling (or filled) with normies...what does that make us?

Super losers?

Basically.

The last bastion of "nerd culture" is open source software, linux users, raspberry pi owners etc. It was never some comic book bullshit.

We're losers but we're self aware unlike failed normies and redditor normies.

i know everyone on Sup Forums likes to pretend they're alpha males now, but that's what was so special about "nerd culture." sitting at a table playing board games with other bitter, fat (or unhealthily skinny) losers, while cracking wise. it's sad it went from that to what it is now.

completely false. board games have been appropriated by normies and "SJWs" just as much. going into a board game store now makes me want to puke. the only "pure" thing left in this realm is war games, since they're far too complicated for plebs to get into.

>it's sad it went from that to what it is now.
You mean it's sad how such a pathetic thing ever got popular enough to be mainstream? If so then I agree.

>but we're self aware
That's not a good feeling when you're at the bottom.

>i know everyone on Sup Forums likes to pretend they're alpha males now
Post-2013 Sup Forums, not old Sup Forums.

But it was a thing for losers to gather round, provide some sense of group support.

>it's sad how such a pathetic thing ever got popular enough to be mainstream?

It's kinda weird when you think about it. People couldn't give half a fuck when I was in secondary (00-05).

it's why i like the movie Zero Charisma. not that it's great, but it does perfectly illustrate what happened to the culture by showing a typical table top gaming group that gets infiltrated by a disingenuous SF-type hipster shitter.

>It's kinda weird when you think about it.
Not really when you think about what's behind it. Nerd culture was for the obese, child-like losers who wanted escapism from the real world.

Then the majority of people became obese, childish losers looking for escapism. Sad, but not unexpected.

>Then the majority of people became obese, childish losers looking for escapism. Sad, but not unexpected.
that's what sports was for. i think it has more to do with the companies producing the content wanting to transition their products into the mainstream.

Somewhere very, very deep inside me i could understand collecting figures that look real like characters. But this shit ?

People interested in sports generally play sports themselves, at least in some point in their lives. Playing sports used to be the normie way to grow up, not sitting in your living room screaming at xbox live.

BR2049 fans are on target to being the new Rick and Morty fans
I'm just waiting for the first sincere 'you need a high IQ etc.' post

Yeah, "nerds" means GOT , Star Wars,etc.
Women like these things because it gives them social capital to like these things,they're getting something out of it, they can attention whore , etc.

you need to see memes on twitter and reddit from from the movie/show. If they aren't there, then your show is not part of the social capital pyramid and women will not pretend to like it. This is a scientific observation from data scientist

I've got a porcelain statue of Superman that my Dad bought me. If it wasn't expensive as fuck it would be in a wardrobe in one of my back rooms

SAD!

nigger do you see Rachel , Deckard and Roy at this wedding?

EXACTLY

>Then the majority of people became obese, childish losers looking for escapism.

I don't know, it kinda more feels like the cool kids have decided to take our toys.

Here's a question: What started this current trend of capeshit? Cos it wasn't 91 Batman. Or even Nolan Batman.

Blade Runner is not exactly pop culture. It inspired a lot of pop culture sure, but it was always more niche, more adult, darker and more artistic than your average pop culture hit. So it is with the sequel
I think it was Avengers. Because Iron Man / Incredible Hulk / etc weren't THAT successful. I never thought they could devour everything. The Dark Knight was way more popular than these .

Heath Ledger's death.

Also the MCU seemed like a wonderful idea at first. I couldn't care less about comic books, but the idea of having separate movies for each origin story to allow for a final epic story where no time would need to be wasted on exposition sounded neat.

wow such a sexy mouth

It wasn't a particularly good movie. It got plenty of marketing but the word of mouth just wasn't there. The raging autists on this board that saw it 5 times in theaters are the only ones who see anything in it.

Harry Potter started it

To be honest, I can imagine them to be the dorkiest motherfuckers to have this made. There are no real people beside them in it.

Couldn't be more wrong. It had next to no marketing, and a shit ton of word of mouth due to the all-positive reviews before release.

No particular order
-Yojimbo
-Unforgiven
-Aguirre the wrath of god
-The night of the hunter
-Paths of Glory
-The element of Crime
-Africa addio
-Dirty Harry
-The discreet charm of the bourgeoisie
-Mean Streets

>meet 7/10 at the bar
>Hit it off, go back to her home that night
>mfw she had the whole GOT cast as funco pops

Still banged her but Jesus, even Stacie's have these dumb ass toys.

>It wasn't a particularly good movie.

It was a fucking brilliant movie but I genuinely think audience attention span has shrunk.

What other points of references do you have besides Sup Forums exactly? Because most movie buff discussion places on the internet absolutely love it, especially the male audience.

Even the critical score is not that indicative because a lot of the reviews are dishonest bitching about sexism or racism.

I still can't believe Avengers made so much because nobody saw Thor, first Avenger or Hulk

Funko POPs are the kind of gift that clueless folks buy for their geeky relatives, because they're so incredibly easy to find and comparably inexpensive to nicer figures.

The uncanny valley look of the actors from live-action TV and film and the bride and groom are already bad enough, but throwing in animated characters makes this even worse.

>Heath Ledger's death.
There were Marvel movies after TDK and they weren't nearly succesful. I still say it was The Avengers that kickstarted it all

At least the Superman one is a little different

>avengers
Not quite.
>Heath Ledger's death.
Wat?

No, I'll you the exact moment it started:

Iron Man, COD4 and facebook exploding in popularity. 2008 was the year. 2008 was in the era when Sup Forums got a shitload of newfags.

It was a pretty fun time to be honest, we just didn't realise what the aftermath would be.

>Literally no rhyme or reason in their order.
REEEEEEEE

No there weren't. Sure there were some that weren't as popular as others, but none failed to make a profit. Saying that the capeshit fad wasn't already going full steam in 2010 because Captain America 3 made less money than Iron Man or whatever is an argument I just don't understand.

Heath Ledger's death made TDK super popular. TDK also happened to be a good movie adults could enjoy, so superhero movies became socially accepted. Marvel capitalized on this, and revealed their plan for MCU which (before the movies came out) seemed appealing to the large audiences. To say "Avengers kickstarted it" is just objectively wrong, by the time the Avengers movie came out actual normies had already grown tired of superhero fatigue.

You don't really think regular people go see Ant-Man or whatever Thor 4 in theatres, do you? The fanbase is just large.

Is it painful to watch?

I can barely get through The Peep Show and Inbetweeners.

Hulk bombed man. I'm sure first avenger also lost money

Hulk made 263M against 150M budget, and is the least succesful of them all. Also don't forget it came out 4 years after another Hulk movie which had also been shit. Large audiences didn't give a shit if it was a new reboot or part of the universe or whatever, they just had a shit taste in their mouth about Hulk.

To say that the capeshit fad wasn't already happening because ONE movies failed to double its budget is a pretty far stretch. The numbers inflating since then is just the Chinese market, not the phenomenon growing in the West.

>I'm sure first avenger also lost money

R U KIDIN M3!

It was like over a billion dollars at the box office.

>I'm sure first avenger also lost money
Production Budget: $220 million
Worldwide: $1,518,812,988

It also made more money than Avengers 2, regardless of the increased Chinese audience (86M to 240M).

First avenger was the Cap film man. That isn't including marketing and they don't get all that BO. It lost money

Antman, no. Thor, yes.

I should have just said Cap 1