Can it get comfier than Generation Kill? I doubt it

Can it get comfier than Generation Kill? I doubt it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gFVfbPFADF4
youtube.com/watch?v=fTXzcILPPp8
military.com/video/operations-and-strategy/iraqi-war/lt-col-godfather-ferrando-speech/1301186687001
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

one of the best shows ever, hands down.

It was pretty comfy.
Doubt they will make anything like it these days, maybe in the future.

Hitman to all Hitman vectors, the Godfather assures me this thread is approved

the background banter between all the grunts is gold

i rewatch this every year and it still makes laugh as hard as the first time

IM A BARBIE GIRL

CAN I KICK IT?!

>ywn lie beside Ray in a warzone feeling tank vibrations on your penis through the rumbling ground

HE WAS A SKATER BOY.

FOLLOW MY TRACERS!

All of the background banter is cringy stuff said by 18 year old guys trying to appear cool and/or edgy. This is very accurate, and thus good writing, but doesn't exactly endear me to the characters. I can sympathize with them because they are human but I wouldn't want to be friends with any of them. I had friends like that, but then they grew up.

kill yourself

More edge. Keeping with the theme I see. Do you really need my validation to enjoy your show?

This is Hitman 2-1 to Hitman Actual, Reporter wants to come with us in the next war to wright season 2

>its a trombley gets paralyzed and becomes a night janitor at the local library episode

>its a trombley hasn't fired a firearm in years episode

>None of my friends will watch Gen Kill

I hate them Sup Forums

>its another episode where they just shit on the officers

I really didn't like the combat in this eventhough it was minimal. Didn't seem realistic at all, just your generic Hollywood shooter film

and this comes from your vast combat experience right?

I watched a documentary about Israel and I swear there was a street with a balcony that was exactly like a scene in Generation Kill, which I've seen 4 times. Did they film really film in jewland?

I wish that were every episode
fuck officers

Anyone seen this yet?

"The mini-series was shot over a six-month shoot from mid-to-late 2007 in South Africa, Mozambique and Namibia"

I was as much of a POG as POG can be, and in a whole different country- and it still amazes me to how many situations I can relate. The officers didn't get enough shit.

Edgy 18yo can be funny. Their edginess has a charm, not even to mention that not all of that chatter is like this and some of it is genuinely clever of chuckle worthy.

Don't think so. Filming in Israel is very expensive- films depicting Israel are often shot in Africa because it's cheaper. Also, can't find any evidence of that.

No. What's this? Anything good? Documentary or acted?

MORE LIKE TROMBLEY???

Miniseries about the Iraq War and it's only just started. It has Michael Kelly in it who was also in Generation Kill.

Ofc not, but from what I see in war clips, most combat is from a distance of kilometers away, suppression and mostly artillery

You see, Whopper Jr, you shoot some civilians, you get a reputation

Eat, fuck, kill. All the same.

Most, but not all. GK depicts some more life-like firefights, with the rest being less "realistic", but even that is done on the purpose setting the sense of chaos, confusion and adrenaline. Depending on scene, I would score the combat anywhere between A+ with lowest being B+. And to calm down - I say it from my (non) vast combat experience.

Also worth noting, the engagements were led to by unusual circumstances: recons, in open Hummers, in tight urban areas, in (relatively) small towns- against irregulars and down right Syrian students. So I won't be surprised if some of the scenes are closer to reality than what we think.

>In the words of the warrior-poet Ice Cube, "If the day does not require an AK, it is good."

Fucking Delta... Think they'll run out of bullets soon?

>ywn visit the golden urinal

>tfw no operator bf

Pure aviator kino.

YO PRESIDENT IS WATCHIN'

AMERIKEE IS WATCHIN'

BUT MORE IMPORTANT...

GAAAHHHHHDFATHER IS WATCHIN'

This thread is lacking some Fruity Rudy

POLICE THAT CUNNY!

>not knowing danger close

>watching generation kill with a sandnigger friend
>All the arab is on point and he points out when the translator is bullshitting.

Looking like a bunch of Elvises, Police them moostache hairs.

>played himself

Amazing

>they say they are happy to be liberated and think the americans are wicked cool

>No, no. Tell me what they really said.

absolute madman

youtube.com/watch?v=gFVfbPFADF4

How many episodes did it take you to realize Godfather is the GOAT?

>tips furiously

>All of the background banter is cringy stuff said by 18 year old guys trying to appear cool and/or edgy.
true but most soldiers/marines are cringy 18-20 year olds so it makes sense

Only 1st episode. Its 5/10 , nothing will surprise you, very generic America-Fuck-Yeah, brave soldiers and their families + brave Iraqis and their families.

Took me a while. Had to have it spelled for me when he ordered to evacuate the injured kid.

>I can't say "we don't do windows"
literally what did he mean by this?

Isn't the current secretary of defence in this show?

The guy walkin on the bridge screaming.

yup, exactly, he's there for like a 30 second scene, screaming about how godfather's dick is jammed up into his dick lmao

it's accurate, mattis was actually at the battle of nasiriyah

he was yelling at someone else as godfather ran up behind them

You're missing the point of the show. This isn't fucking Disney channel American Sniper shit, you're not supposed to be pouring your heart out for these guys let alone wanting to be friends with them. It's called Generation Kill for a reason.

Scratch that. Your foot up my dick

is this the american interventionist war movies general?

saw a trailer for this before seeing thor, looks so bad I almost couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Seconded.

>tfw this was the only piece of media that showed what military life on a combat deployment is really like, and that no one is just a straight up good guy or a bad guy- they’re all flawed dudes thrust into an insane situation and trying to do the best that they can

>every other war movie or show is dick swinging patriotism propaganda

It’s a criminally underrated show

youtube.com/watch?v=fTXzcILPPp8

>main character doesn't wear any kind of head gear to show off his expensive haircut
that's how I know it's going to be shit
that and Michael Pena

>constant death and destruction
>comfy

It bothers me that comfy has become such a stupid buzzword

It's basically 'whatever I like = comfy'

what the fuck is wrong with Glau's face

>1, 2, 3 What are we fighting for?

>When the fuck am I gonna get a jalapeno cheese?

>can you pass me the November Juliet
>what's November Juliet?
>Sup Forums, tell him
Well Sup Forums? How do you respond?

Dude who played godfather was on point.
military.com/video/operations-and-strategy/iraqi-war/lt-col-godfather-ferrando-speech/1301186687001

Is it gay if i think he's hot?

Holy shit yeah Chance Kelley nailed it, the voice, the mannerisms, they way he pauses between sentences were all spot on.

>can you believe that retard is in charge of people?

Negro Java

t. nu-male

This show perfectly shows that the Marines are manned by legitimate criminals and retards.

Did you even watch the show faggot

and they wouldn't have it any other way

ONE TWO THREE FOUR, WHAT ARE WE FIGHTIN' FOR?
MAMA I DON'T GIVE A DAMN
NEXT STOP IS VIETNAM
'CAUSE IT'S FIVE SIX SEVEN OPEN UP THE PEARLY GATES

What does November Juliet stand for Sup Forums?

Yeah but they'll do butt stuff in exchange for a grape flavored crayon.

kek

how to aquire fruity rudy aesthethics?

I never thought about shooting in my house into phone books. Never going to the range again.

Everyone's gay for fruity rudy