Parody or sincere?

Parody or sincere?

It's not a parody.

It was literally written by a child, and that sincerity is in part why the movie is so good.

what do you think is parodying?

It's one of the most genuine movies ever made honestly

The director wanted it to be Japan's "Jaws."

trash is the word you're looking for.

t. Mouthbreather

>gets upset if you insult his shitty taste
a pleb and autistic to boot.

why would you think hausu is a parody? are you dumb? Are you stupid?are you a small brain? just wondering lol

dont know about other anons but it felt to me more real than usual horror flicks, I'm not sure why tho

>horror movie
>not scary
Literally like the vvitch. At least this one wasn't boring.

Name ONE (1) scary horror movie

>Tfw haven't been scared by a movie since the grudge when I was 12

I need true horror, the only thing that's made me have a reaction was Audition, but then it's not really scary it's more like painfully wincing at the gore.

The VVitch

I'm honestly really easily scared. It doesn't take much to make me pause the movie, turn the lights on and take a breath. Basically any Jap/Korean horror flick is enough, shit like A Tale of Two Sisters, Shutter

It was sincere.

It was made around the time manga/anime tropes and visual cues first started creeping into video medium in Japan (first with commercials and TV shows targeted at teens), and film studio hired a TV ad director with limited experience in film but string of accolades in visual effects to make a movie that will be ahead of everyone else in the "make movie with visual language of manga" game.

That's how they ended up with Hausu.

The stupid manga/anime tropes ruined it

It was sincere but the intent wasn't to make a serious coherent film, but to make a fun nonsensical one.

This movie was DECADES ahead of its time. It's in many ways a masterpiece. It's aslo weird and surreal which makes it much more inaccessible to normies than classics such as Orson Welles or Sergio Leone films.

It's not obscure by Sup Forums standards but if you aksed a hundred random people on the street I doubt anyone would know it.

Sauna

Parody? No. Good movie? Yes.

>It was literally written by a child,
really?

The Writer/Director had no idea as to what to make, so he straight up just adapted his daughters silly ramblings into a story/script.