How did you like the Murder on the Orient Express?

How did you like the Murder on the Orient Express?

I'm watching the Lumet movie right now

seeing it in a couple days. Also Lucy a CUTE

Daisy Ridley was in it, so of course I watched it!

Just seen it thought it was okay bit slow at some points though for absolutely no reason and i dont mean that in a style>substance way it just had neither sometimes unlike BR2049.

Although I've never actually watched Poirot despite living in bongland i always just changed channels when it was on but I didnt even know thats what it was about before going into the theatre because I just picked a movie to kill time and i liked this

It was a good fun movie, and of course Brannagh was fantastic as always. Honestly most of its real problems were inherited from the original plot, in that it's not really that great a detective story and has some quite ridiculous elements.

I'm sure it'll be fine, but Branagh has a tough fucking act to follow.

How was his directing? He's can do brilliantly one day and awfully the next. No in between with Ken.

Did she manage to act this time?

Completely ignoring that bait, Agatha Christie novels are always slow paced. Poirot in particular was grandmakino.

It was boring.

>grandmakino
While i was watching I swear I could've seen this story before even though I've never watched Poirot. Was it very influential? Cant even remember what it was I watched with a very similar plot

>Did she manage to act this time?
Oh yeah it was fine desu she wasn't just playing Rey or herself like a will smith would do. Judi Dench and Michelle Pfeiffer were the worst performances.

Dench couldnt pick a fucking accent and Kenneth's accent at the start of the movie was way too fucking strong almost a parody but I got used to it

>she gets BLACKED

top fucking kek, she was born for the BBC

I already know the ending.

Daisy Ridley gets penetrated by black men?

Hopefully.

>Kenneth's accent at the start of the movie was way too fucking strong almost a parody
Agatha Christie wrote Poirot as a warmhearted parody of Belgians. His neurosis was a part of that caricature.

Orient Express was Christie's most famous novel (while not her best work, it was one of her most explosive; murder mysteries at the time were slow, comfy affairs.) About as influential as it gets in her huge library.
There have been a ton of adaptations, but my personal favorite so far has to be the David Suchet adaptation.

I'm pretty sure Suchet starred in adaptations of the entire Poirot series, and the actor's virtually synonymous with the character at this point.

'Allo there Puaro

i bet she gives a terrific bj

'Astings!

I would like to experience such things.

>overbite>>>>>>>everything else

Ah fuck yh now i realise it dr who had that poirot themed episode and baccano had some similarities aswell

>i like a nice rosé

>branagh blackwashed the character so that daisy can get BLACKED in the film

why are brits such cucks?

Just saw it a few hours ago, liked it. The movie had some gorgeous visuals.

what are you, a faggot?

Much as I love Branagh for bringing us the best screen adaptation of Hamlet, he has a terrible habit of blackwashing characters on a whim.
I'm honestly surprised he never directed Othello.

It's part of their society and culture. The entire British culture is based on their subservience to the royal family, who themselves, are inbred degenerates. They'll tell you that the Queen has no power, but she appoints the upper parliament, commands the military, and her massive estate is maintained at the tax payers expense.

They'll jump through hoops to justify it, even going so far as to claim that she brings in money (she doesn't, but they pretend that all tourism is due to the Queen).

Her body expended so much resources making her giant teeth there was nothing left for tits

I'm just glad she understood this and cultivated ass mass.
That tends to happen with breastlets anyway. Big tits usually means no ass, and vice versa.

I expected a run-of-the-mill movie but what I got (symbolically speaking) was quite astonishing.
The movie follows the tune of Agatha`s book. Here is an insane symbolist interpretation of what I believe this Ridley Scott produced movie is actually about: Given the education Christie received and the books she read as a young girl + the fact that she based the whole story on the Lindbergh kidnapping we can view this as the key. My research has lead me to believe that the Lindbergh kidnapping was a public humiliation(making an example of) inflicted on the Lindbergh family(friends of the Kennedys) due to their outspoken views against corrupt corporations and banking mafias, organized by the latter. The movie, like the book, presents fictionalized justice inflicted on the perpetrators. The blaring national/racial/class differences(including appearance AND names) of the conspirators and the constantly running theme of race and religion(three priests in the beginning, divide et impera, yet it turns out the one with real power is the culprit, the one supposed to keep the justice, ie corrupt government) represent a unification of all the races/nations divided by the blood/money/oil/war thirsty mafia in power(by means of constant anti-semitism style accusations, race baiting) to inflict vengeance upon them for their crimes. The last point becomes even clearer when one realizes all the race baiting during the movie was pretense for the conspirators were working together all along.

This. It was absolute shite. Didn't even know the story going in either. I guessed the ending from the start and I was right, very predictable.

Acting was meh. Story was garbage. Very boring.

Everyone on the train was in on the murder because the guy that was murdered killed some child of some literal who in the story. None of it was explained, they just skipped over it. It attempted to be some amazing murder mystery where you're shocked by the ending but that couldn't be further from reality.

2/10 will never watch again or recommend that anyone watches it.

Also noticed the black waiter for the egg scene and the black policemen in jerusalem in the first 5 minutes

It's stage thing. I bet you that there isn't a british production right now without a minority in cast. He at least won't got as far as change genders in his films, or gay up characters that aren't written as such.

>throwing in interracial bullshit in a movie aimed at 70 year old women who hate niggers and watch British period pieces to get away from modern television
What did Kenneth mean by this?

This. I'm glad she's really trying physically for her role in Star Wars.

Makes sense. I don't usually get into stage culture, but I remember Sup Forums exploding over black Hermione, while stagefags said that was standard shit and weren't surprised at all.

I dislike her enough that it's got me completelt uninterested in the film and I won't see it.

>70 year old
Saw it today and it was surprisingly young audience a lot of roasties and groups of french tourists and young couples, one young loner like me was in fsct sitting next to me. Lots more popcorn noise at the start of the movie and roasties taking snapchats. But once it did actually start everyone settled down and by the sounds of it they got the reference to the Death on the nile case.

Very motley crew for this movie not seen any audience like this for any other movie

>that 6 second mark
Kathleen's a horrible fucking person for covering that ass up for her propaganda star wars movie.

Yh its standard for the stage theyre a lot more comfortable with blackwashing and whitewashing even men playing women. Black people playing animals or lions in lion king adaptations etc.

That's legitimately surprising. I guess the Downton Abbey crowd's still alive.

i liked it.
It's nothing like mind blowing but it was cozy.
I like Kenneth Branagh's Hercule Poirot, carried the movie pretty well.
Solid performances all around from the cast.
Standouts other than Branagh were Michelle Pfeiffer, Lucy Boynton and Tom Bateman.

>and watch British period pieces
most of these "period pieces" have interracial couples because brits literally need to have them, otherwise a said tv show can't happen. They need to fill that diversity quota.

My goodness she's pretty.

>most of these "period pieces" have interracial couples
These days, yes. In the 80s and 90s it almost never happened, and period pieces were more prominent then.

>I'm pretty sure Suchet starred in adaptations of the entire Poirot series
That he did.

Fun fact: before Suchet played Poirot, he played Inspector Japp in one of the Peter Ustinov made-for-TV films. He's called it the worst performance of his career. It was also during that production that Ustinov suggested to him that he would be suited to the role.

Try watching the 1974 film sometime. It's very well explained there (although it's really just the Lindberg case with a few changes).

>Poirot promoted Japp to Poirot
That's neat as hell.

That's Inspector Nippon you troll fuck.

>None of it was explained

the state of brainlets. It was spelled out in the most handholding way possible

It took some extra convincing from Brian Eastman, but yeah, it all started with Ustinov suggesting it.

I don't mean the story wasn't explained. It was the most overly simple shit I've watched this year (which is why it was so boring).

I mean the whole murder of the child was totally glossed over making me not give a shit or able to empathize with the characters. It didn't tie in well with the story at all, it was just a random turd dumped in the middle.

Christ, her ass was made for muscle. I never found her attractive until these webms.

Working hard to please jamal i see

>Always quick to rush to his lady-friend Mary Debenham's defense, Colonel Arbuthnot is a rather stuffy Englishman who served in India and doesn't much like Americans. The pipe cleaner that was found in Ratchett's room belongs to him. He was the close friend of Mr. Armstrong, Daisy's father, also a military man.
They turned this character into a nigger. What a timeline we live in.

Here's the best part: "Orient Express". Is this an opportunity to cast an Eastern Asian or even a Middle Easterner? No, let's add a nigger.

>it just keeps getting firmer and rounder

I just hope the movie does well and has some sequels.

Death on the Nile is one of my favorites. Or The Murder of Roger Ackroyd or Evil Under the Sun

You made me cum that means you're gay now

"Orient" in this case has nothing to do with East Asia (in traditional European use, and even American use before the 20th century, "The Orient" meant the Near East, not the Far East). The two main Orient Express routes ran from Paris to Istanbul (one via Vienna and Budapest, and the other via Venice and Belgrade), and the third ran from London (via ferry across the channel to Calais) to Paris and then on to Athens, but all were entirely within Europe.

Plus East Asians tend to get really butthurt about being called "Oriental" these days (at least in America). A Turk or maybe an Arab might have worked, though.

Jesus Christ! Willem!
Racist Much?

>that jiggle
>those digits

already watched the 1974 version a long time ago

anybody who watched both can do a comparison?

Daisy has earned her place.

giv aryan gf

She didn't get blacked in this too, did she?

Spoilers asshole

SHE'S A FIVEHEAD OVERBITE COAL BURNER!!!FACT!!!

Is there any way you could write in a way that doesn't make you look like a high school anime protagonist, or has Death Note completely destroyed your mentality?

How do you not know the plot of this? This is the most famous murder mystery ever created.

So...she's British? We kinda knew that.

Sure, but her ass lately, user. You gotta appreciate that gluteus.

I can’t read every book or movie and for once I found something that I wasn’t spoiled on. Wanted to popped in here to just get a few impressions outside of reviews

Fuck off Sup Forums and read a book, you heathen

>giving a shit
Aww are you going to cry about it?