that is a pleb filter all day every fucking day

I felt the prequels had stronger scores

a shame this never became a movie
youtube.com/watch?v=aBCKVC2FmoE

TPM did
youtube.com/watch?v=OLQ-rCSbFeQ

Binary Sunset is best
youtube.com/watch?v=u2W5YPQJqUs

They absolutely did. Williams did much more complex writing for those and they're always a blast to listen to.

Attack of the Clones, other than the love theme, was mostly Ben Burtt created edits of TPM score, much to Williams anger. He usually had final approval of his Lucas/Spielberg score, but when they were trying to fix AOTC Burtt went rogue.

this better be in The Last Jedi

But that's not the "The Rebel Fleet" medley with Binary Sunset, Han and Leia and Imperial March all rolled into one. Nor "Victory Celebration" or "Light of the Force".

make way for best theme
youtube.com/watch?v=ixjd_GvNRu8

the most powerful moment williams has composed is either the rousing finale of a new hope or when yoda lifts the x wing out of the swamp

episode 7 made me feel sick to my stomach with how obviously ghost written and copy pasted it was, a real shame

Force Awakens always makes me laugh because Rey's Theme is just Harry Potter and March of the Resistance reminds me of the Nazi Theme for The Last Crusade of all things.

reys theme is the worst part of the entire score, it's pure capeshit and doesn't fit the universe whatsoever

goat

Agreed, hate how people are like "omg reys theme is so good, disney has done it again"
It's the most generic, soulless piece of shit song

yup

You're absolutely fucking right

The true GOAT music comes right at the end of Empire, as Luke, Leia, and the droids are watching the Falcon fly away from the rebel fleet.

youtube.com/watch?v=m6h0RN2cGEM

I mean, I like it, it's pleasant to listen to, but the only reason it stands out is because it's the only thing worth mentioning on the whole VII soundtrack. Kylo's little cue is to short and MotR is the Nati Theme.

See, The Rebel Fleet is best medley.

It's the most memorable but other than being a good intro to let you know the empire baddies have shown up, it's not as thoroughly kino as most of the rest of the film's score.
It feels less like an ordinary orchestral film score and more like it's designed to fit the rhythm of a stage play, where the lights would switch from lighting up the heroes as they depart the stage to change the mood very quickly to the stormtroopers and Darth Vader who have just marched on stage. It's not a subtle theme and I don't remember it being used outside that context much at all.

Jedi has the best score overall

I love the fantasy vibes it gives you

Duel of the Fates.
Second would be Luke's theme, when he's looking at the double moon.

6 and 3 are tied for best score.

Very interesting, didn't know this

Agreed

There's no reason for it not to be, but we'll see