What went wrong

what went wrong

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nfuArv7A8Dc&t=2m10s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

needed a harry and ginny sex scene

"No!"

not wrong

garbage movie in a garbage series made by a garbage(wo)man for garbage millennials

dullest

it baffles me that rowling made him a cuck that chased ginny instead of pairing him with hermione

over-reliance on CGI

Nothing was ever right considering it's an entry in one of the dullest franchise in the history of movie franchises. Each episode following the boy wizard and his pals from Hogwarts Academy as they fight assorted villains has been indistinguishable from the others. Aside from the gloomy imagery, the series’ only consistency has been its lack of excitement and ineffective use of special effects, all to make magic unmagical, to make action seem inert.

Perhaps the die was cast when Rowling vetoed the idea of Spielberg directing the series; she made sure the series would never be mistaken for a work of art that meant anything to anybody, just ridiculously profitable cross-promotion for her books. The Harry Potter series might be anti-Christian (or not), but it’s certainly the anti-James Bond series in its refusal of wonder, beauty and excitement. No one wants to face that fact. Now, thankfully, they no longer have to.

>a-at least the books were good though
"No!"
The writing is dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character went for a walk, the author wrote instead that the character "stretched his legs."

I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Rowling's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that she has no other style of writing. Later I read a lavish, loving review of Harry Potter by the same Stephen King. He wrote something to the effect of, "If these kids are reading Harry Potter at 11 or 12, then when they get older they will go on to read Stephen King." And he was quite right. He was not being ironic. When you read "Harry Potter" you are, in fact, trained to read Stephen King.

retuuuuurn the slaaaaab

We all know that GoF is when the downfall began and OotP is when they jumped the shark.. I don't know if it is because they just had too much material or what. They could have broken the last 3 movies into multiple parts and that would have worked better probably

u guys remember THICC ron? what were they thinking

Nothing, Part 1 is kino.

Part 2, however, is a disaster.

You grew up

wingaurdian leviosaaaaaa

The series grew worse and worse as the comfy magic school stuff gave way for the awful boring and tedious Voldemort war plot.

He should have just been a person in the background doing weird shit like in the early books and have him properly return for only the last book, and even then without the whole war thing bogging everything down.

>He should have just been a person in the background doing weird shit like in the early books and have him properly return for only the last book, and even then without the whole war thing bogging everything down.

Who is Seamus?

I had no idea who anyone was or even how Voldemort managed to take over the Ministry in the first place

It's actually one of the better Potter movies imo, at least in terms of pacing and character. Way too dark though, as in you need to turn up the brightness on your TV to be able to see anything.
Also this scene is incredibly retarded, and the editing is awful.
youtube.com/watch?v=nfuArv7A8Dc&t=2m10s

this, he should have been like sheev and had brief moments midway through the series, fully revealing himself in time for the last one. What the fuck was he even doing in Half blood prince?

>arrrggggg MUH SCAR HURTS
>ohhhh fuck I can see Voldemort
>you gotta destryo the Whore Cuck's Harry!
>nononononno
>*random character dies*
>I'm dead!
>oh no i'm not tee hee
>the good guys win
>the end
what a fucking terrible plot

That Irish guy who was the on and off friend of Harry? Why?

It's also just that it takes all the focus of the things that are enjoyable for some generic serious fight the evil action plot in a series where it just doesn't work and comes of as lame and contrived. Harry and the gang solving puzzles as they go about their school year and foiling one of Voldemort sneaky schemes like some sort of wizarding version of Scooby Doo is nice. It's sweet and enjoyable. Learning about the quirky weird magic stuff that makes of the world and separates it from our own. Shitty writing aside it has a certain appeal that even a cynical fucker like me can find comfy. I have LotR for magical epic battles against evil.

a lot