Was Vietnam really that bad?

Was Vietnam really that bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hRJFvtvTGEk
liveleak.com/view?i=55b_1510275528
youtube.com/watch?v=kGZsGX3B_BY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

John was doing the worst missions so yea it was for him.

Just remember on this veteran's day that only about 1% of the army see real combat.

Stanley Kubrick faked the Vietnam war. But it was still a shitty country

nah u just have to have been retarded to start with not to dodge the draft to go to some shitty asian third world country and fight a war for a cause nobody cares about

the average troop in WW2 saw 2 days of active deployment. the average troop in vietnam saw somewhere around 170, so yeah it was bad

t. kike.
The war for vietnam was 100% justified. Only a bluepilled kike would think that fighting communism was a bad thing.

>You'll never shoot down ZipperHeads with your squadmates ever again.

Several things happened in Vietnam that hadn't happened before.

1)Psychology had become almost mainstream by that point
2)The governent was actively experimenting with super soldier and performance enhancing drugs. They thought using psychedelics would let soldiers kill without remembering or know what they were doing. Soldiers would be able to kill and maim without conscious. This is why so many platoons were allowed and even ordered to burn down villages and be brutal.
3)Obviously the drugs fucked up soldiers instead of working like they hoped so this led to soldiers coming home with psychological problems. They didn't know they were drugged and it was never part of their medical file so it seemed to be psychosis without a cause. With the rise in popularity of psychology, PTSD was born. It's true that particularly brutal war can harm people but not for decades afterwards. That's all drugs baby.
4) Civilians had also gotten a hold of mind altering drugs which means instead of coming home to just booze, they came home to more LSD, shrooms, pills, weed, etc. Thus causing unregulated self medication and more problems
5) Vietnam was obviously done in the interest of the MIC and not for any real moral cause so people back home didn't support it. Nixon and the like were obviously getting that kike money to perform world-scale psyops and cover it up. It was a CIA backed operation for developing new methods of warfare. The military was still scared of another Nazi-like group taking over the world (bolsheviks) so they basically took over the government to prevent a global threat like that. Money got involved and the jews got in on it for their new ethno-state. It was corrupted.

you have to be infantry in either the korean war or vietnam war

which was worse ?

in vietnam they were nineteen. nanna nanna nineteen

NINETEEN !

Did Korea vets get shit on as bad as Vietnam vets did?

trump was in vietnam

>country elects a communists
>america comes in and gives them a murderous dictator
>"""""""""democracy""""""""""

Fucking NAM.

Being shot at in a hot wet jungle sounds fucking awful.

'Nam was fucking bad, but the point Rambo made about how they trusted him to drive a million bucks of fucking tank but as a civ they can't even trust him to mind the god damned store is so fucking true
It's true to this day. Iraq and Afghan veterans come home and are like "Hey I managed a platoon of men in a life or death situations, can I be a manager at his MacDonalds?". The answer is always no. These people are at the fucking bottom despite having just been responsible for fucking lives.

It broke Americucks psyche.

Before that, they thought they were always the good guys.

That is the most stupid psuedo intellectual post i have ever read

US didn't start the Vietnam war. It was a carryover from the French. The reason it was fought so hard was due to the belief communism would spread to other Asian countries. Not saying it was perfect but you can see the reasons beyond "MIC".

>Psychology
>PTSD
>Drugs

What is shellshock?

The reaction for Korean vets was a bit less standoffish, but nothing like WW2. It quickly became a forgotten war.

The country just didn't seem to care that much about it and the government did its best to facilitate that, given it did not achieve complete victory. I think a lot of WW2 vets looked down on Korean vets and held them partially responsible for not getting the job done.

youtube.com/watch?v=hRJFvtvTGEk

yes
liveleak.com/view?i=55b_1510275528

>US didn't start the Vietnam war

"Officially"

What is you have no idea what you're talking about. Try reddit.

9/11 was some dudes with planes too.

>vietnam vet movie
>It Ain't Me doesn't start playing

> numba one fuckee

>tfw you will never commit atrocities under Cpt. Mark "Marky Mark" Wahlberg's command

Guerilla warfare took them completely by surprise. Before Vietnam the state of mind was 100% conventional warfare

To prove how bad it was, the military itself has ptsd because of it. As in the organization, it's been traumatized by it. I didn't take part in the vietnam war, it was way before my time on this earth but it's scars are visible now, they cut deep. To this day the loss in that country has affected the way we do things and the way we think within the military (as recently as operations oef/oif). There is some stubbornness and arrogance but it's curbed, I imagine it was 100 times worse before. It must have been one hell of a rude awakening

>Was Vietnam really that bad?

stellar torpedo tits on that girl, reminds me of faye reagan.

Frank Castle would put this man on his pocket

>faye reagan.
Pussy like fucking Cthlulu with all those damned warts

I need to re-watch First Blood again
he only kills one dude and yet it's the most intense of the original films (not including 2008)

why were Part II and III so fucking bland?

>vietnam deposes brutal communist dictator in cambodia
kissinger was playing 4d chess the entire time

He kills like 2 or 3 but yeah.

First Blood is a character driven piece, the rest are action movies.

For the vietnamese people must have felt like Apocalypse.

First Blood is absolutely deconstructive Kino
The rest are just cash ins

we're talking about tits here, unless you have seen the actress in picture's pussy.

the dude in the helicopter and who else?

yes, they're action films but they're terrible action films, completely sanitized and void of any good set pieces
2008 is brainless but at least satisfyingly bloody

Yeah her tits are nice
But I just can't watch because of what I know lies beneath

Yeah, it got pretty bad at times. I did Iraq, and even that shitshow doesn't compare to how bad Vietnam was. Not to mention Army SFs side war in Laos and Cambodia.

>Vietnam War. A radioman comforts his friend who just survived a battle during Operation Byrd in which nearly his entire platoon was wiped out Co. A, 2/7, 1st Cav. Div. (Airmobile) 1966

"Kike" here, and the Jewish side of my family has served in every American conflict in the last 130 years (since my family arrived in the U.S.). Myself included.

Had to turn English subtitles on during his Oscar-caliber monologue story at the end. Kinda took me out of the moment tho.

>"Kike" here, and the Jewish side of my family has served in every American conflict in the last 130 years (since my family arrived in the U.S.). Myself included.

Profiting off the arms trade doesn't count as "serving", Shlomo

>too beaucoup
white bois btfo
bbc was a thing even during the vietnam war.

Yeah, that kike Kissinger, he was so anti-war... wait.
Learn some history before you inflict more of your hot takes on us.

Amazing, the kikes get blamed both for supporting the war and being against the war, within a few comments of each other.

ESL fags should be gassed

I'd take all "muh Jews" comments on Sup Forums with a grain of salt, friend. In my experience the racist/antisemitic posts are usually made by either 1) schizophrenics or 2) Southerners/white trash (bottom of the barrel Americans)

>It's true to this day. Iraq and Afghan veterans come home and are like "Hey I managed a platoon of men in a life or death situations, can I be a manager at his MacDonalds?". The answer is always no.

Bullshit. Veterans today are fucking worshiped. People are always like "Thank you for your service" to veterans. At some events, they'll have the audiences stand up to pay respect the troops. And veterans get a bunch of benefits that they weren't able to get during Vietnam era.

Now I'm not trying to hate on the troops. In fact I think it's a good thing that they are treated so nicely today.

The Military Industrial Complex did not truly emerge until after 1945.

By the way user, you do not get rich serving in uniform, which I thought was fairly obvious. Guess not. As much as it would benefit your world-view, my family has never profited directly from our service.

Yeah
Saying "Thanks" really pays the bills. I can eat those fucking thanks. Give me a job instead

Irag and Afghanistan turned into quasi-policing missions after the initial offensives. With mountain raids and brief skirmishes becoming the norm for more than a decade. Vietnam had become a proper quagmire without proper air superiority and ease of movement.

I hear you user, half the reason I keep coming here is to engage anons who see Jews spelled out in their Cheerios.

It is rather entertaining for me.

Thanks does'n't get you a job you fucking mutt.

All you fags think you have it bad because "tfw no gf"
Just imagine being a veteran on veterans day with nobody around. Your pham doesn't give a fuck and all you've got are memories to keep you company. You think back to when you felt like you had an actual family; your brothers in arms

>The Military Industrial Complex did not truly emerge until after 1945
get a load of this goy

>jew
>military

Does not compute, unless you're bombing the shit out of goatfucking arabs

That guy being executed was actually a child murderer and the screaming you hear in the footage were people demanding he gets killed for his crimes.

>for some it was the worst

>for some it was the best

youtube.com/watch?v=kGZsGX3B_BY

YEAAAAAAAAAH THEY COME TO SNUFF THE ROOSTER

a cousin of my mother was a little guy and was often sent into the tiny tunnels. He's not quite right in the head anymore but is still fun to hang out and chat with. He never speaks about those tunnels though just that he'd been in 'em and some of 'em had piss and shit

>and the Jewish side of my family has served in every American conflict in the last 130 years (since my family arrived in the U.S.). Myself included.

Lieutenant Dan?!.

Then fucking apply for one. What, you expect to just be handed one?

Traumatic brain injury from prolonged exposure to high-explosive shells going off in close proximity.

Without a doubt Afghanistan was more so, but both conflicts had plenty of shit-shows.

In my experience the greatest similarity of Vietnam and Post 9/11 conflicts is civilian suffering (as with most wars).

Didn't even get that hard hit by guys I knew getting killed (11: ten in Iraq, one in A-stan), it was seeing innocent civilians targeted more than us.

We all more or less volunteered for the mess we found ourselves in, local national civilians didn't.

I'd go up for insubordination rather than go into one of those fucking tunnels
Fucking shoot me now instead of in the dark

Why you asking that like anyone here would even know?

>this is what leftist retards actually believe
It was a civil war, you retard. And the US was helping the good guys (anti-communists).

And fucking lol @ you thinking communists "get elected".

It's not, and mainly for vets themselves. That shit is going to backfire.
I'm a decorated vet and I put my awards on applications and shit so that is nice. But in public I do not advertise it. The people who do and who eat up the vet worship are the absolute worst kind of vets and will ultimately make the rest of us look like shitbags. They are the reason for the welfare queen meme on here and it's only a matter of time till that spreads.
The military has great people in it, but is also made up of a lot of trash.

Yeah, memes aside it's pretty tragic
>Lém was captured near a mass grave with 34 civilian bodies. Lém admitted that he was proud to carry out his unit leader's order to kill these people.[8] Having personally witnessed the murder of one of his officers along with that man's wife and three small children in cold blood,[citation needed] when Lém was captured and brought to him, General Loan summarily executed him using his sidearm, a .38 Special Smith & Wesson Model 38 "Bodyguard" revolver,[9] in front of AP photographer Eddie Adams and NBC News television cameraman Võ Sửu. The photograph and footage were broadcast worldwide, galvanizing the anti-war movement.

>In 1975, during the fall of Saigon, Loan fled South Vietnam. He moved to the United States. When he arrived, the Immigration and Nationalization Services wanted to deport him partially because of the photo taken by Adams. They approached Adams to testify against Loan, but Adams instead testified in his favor and Loan was allowed to stay[15], and opened a pizza restaurant in the Washington, D.C. suburb of Burke, Virginia at Rolling Valley Mall called "Les Trois Continents."[16][17] In 1991, he was forced into retirement when publicity about his past led to a sharp decline in business. Adams recalled that on his last visit to the pizza parlor, he had seen written on a toilet wall, "We know who you are, fucker".[18][2]

>The general killed the Viet Cong; I killed the general with my camera. Still photographs are the most powerful weapon in the world. People believe them, but photographs do lie, even without manipulation. They are only half-truths. What the photograph didn't say was, "What would you do if you were the general at that time and place on that hot day, and you caught the so-called bad guy after he blew away one, two or three American soldiers?"[10]

>Hmmm... You're 25 years old... What past work experience do you have? Oh... Hmmm... I'm sorry, shooting Iraqis doesn't qualify as "Customer service". You're fit for minimum wage cashier. Make sure to always smile!

That's because they know they cannot beat us or break our resolves. As we make life better for the population the harder it is for them to win. So they butcher the civilians hoping they will turn on us and see we cannot keep them safe.

If you're dumb enough to put "shooting Iraqis" under work experience you don't deserve a job.

If you think this, then you missed the entire point of Rambo's speech

Rambo is an idiot who doesn't know how to apply for a job.

You were in the Army weren't you?
I can tell by the way you just threw Everyone of your supposed fellow vets under the bus. Your ribbon of blue falconry is well deserved. Whenever I start missing it I think of guys like you and feel better about not being in anymore. Guys like you make people want to burn their class A's after they've completed their term

Don't know what to tell you user, maybe your so called concrete understanding of the world is wrong.

Was there during the Surge, and that is when hajj was trying to communicate that most.

BTW, the Purple Heart is mine.

no because they had based Ike in the whitehouse who had their back

What part of your ass cheek did you get shot?

A good chunk of 'nam vets were hippie pussies who aimed above the enemies.
The rest were honest men who died in a pointless, meaningless war, or came back seeing things nobody ever should.
>Make kids lie in road so when convoy stops to help they ambush them
>Make kids give soldiers coke bottles full of glass, poison, nails, etc.
>Make kids suicide bomb soldiers
So we had to fight back just as barbarically
>Level villages with bombs/burn them to crisp with napalm
>Kill child soldiers/ignore children
>Suspect every man, woman, and child they see that isn't explicitly on their side

soon

Wasn't so lucky to get a million dollar wound.

>IED
>spent a month in intensive care at Landstuhl, Germany
>eight months in army medical corps rehab in the states
>and about two years practically living at the VA for outpatient rehab.

11/18/17
Hello, fellow time traveller

You are a proper hero, I was just an analyst and I have seen too much of these wars.

>november 18th
Kek, jews literally can't stop lying

>a pointless, meaningless war,

It only became a "pointless, meaningless war" because stupid burgers killed off the only person that was keeping South Vietnam together

Why can't Americans just admit that they fucked South Vietnam's shit up, instead of dodging the blame with "Yeah, we dindu nuffin, they would've collapsed anyway"

I haven't seen this mentioned, but a significant amount of people were drafted, and forced into war. They were treated poorly or just neglected by civilians. They didn't know why they were fighting, there was no coherent strategy.

Previously, in the WW, people signed up because they wanted / were expected to, and were treated as heroes when they came home. They fought real life Nazis, and helped save the world.

The main point of the movies is in Rambo's monologue at the end. He was super competent at war, but when he came home he couldn't "Fit in" to civilian life. In the middle of the movie, he tells Trautman there are no friendly civilians, based on his experience returning home.

I'm drunk.

Appreciate it user, though I knew more than one analyst that went a little off by going over shit that would make Sup Forums unsettled.

Appreciate what you did all the same.

Doesn't matter what the other guy did. You're not supposed to retaliate with summary execution.

Listen lad, in WW2 the average age of the combat soldier was 26, in Vietnam it was 19

In Vietnam, the combat soldier, typically served a twelve month tour of duty, but was exposed to hostile fire almost everyday

My grandpa served in both. He said he'd rather do a hundred tours in Vietnam than a single day in Korea again. It was cold like you have never experienced.

>yeah, okay sure it's beyond reasonable doubt that this guy was responsible for the massacre of civilians and fellow soldiers, but you still should've waited for a trial

The quasi-recent reaction to the stigmatization of Vietnam Vets has left things uncomfortable for post-9/11 vets.

Where people feel some sort of obligation to thank us, but are still hardcore opponents of our recent conflicts.

Just to clarify a commonly seen subject here on Sup Forums, there is no post 9/11 service-member that I have ever met that likes to get thanked.

not him but you're a total fag if you wear your uniform in public so you get a pat on the back.

I still don't understand why Vietnam happened, who gives a fuck about some literal who country. The only thing I remember it was something about communism in Hanoi or some shit like who gives a shit

Good point.

I was there. Yes it was.

>For the vietnamese people must have felt like Apocalypse.
Now, that's a great phrase.