Got back from this. Ragnarok? More like RagnarKINO

Got back from this. Ragnarok? More like RagnarKINO

Give me a rundown of everything that happened from start to finish. All spoilers too please.

You could just go on the wikipedia page if you wanted that though

>more plebbit tier capeshit talk.

When you reddit faggots will get a clue? You're not welcome here

stop trying so hard to fit in

Fun

Fun, but every time they jumped back to asgard it was like shit came to a grinding halt.

>muh generic superhero movie #1087 this summer really was groundbreaking!

it sure does feel great to be an underage liberal fag and not care about quality, I wish I could go back in time so I could enjoy shitty cgi filled garbage on the screen again.

nobody thinks its groundbreaking lol, they just want to go have a good time with their friends and see a stupid colorful movie once every couple of months. You dont have to be immersed in serious art films every hour of every day to have good taste.

>Fun, but every time they jumped back to asgard it was like shit came to a grinding halt.
>Not enjoying her presence

I get it, the whole
>gib mommy
Shtick. But let's be honest, every time they jumped back it was for uninteresting action sequences and exposition dumps. I appreciate the effort to make her somewhat sympathetic, but it felt like lip service.

pls stop enjoying things I don't like.

no, seriously

You have to like good movies to have good taste, ragnarok is a movie with outdated cgi, weak actors overused quips, weak villain and unoriginal plot

I agree. The gladiator planet storyline was good (could have used tweaks), but every time the story cut back to Asgard I was pissed. The shit they showed there was either generic "war refugee/resistance" or stupid shit about a stupid character that nobody cares about.

If I made the movie that whole storyline and the Heimdall replacement guy both get cut out and instead we see Hela conquering a realm with her army. That way we get to see her actually fuck shit up and kill people, and her undead soldiers become more than laughing stock goons that get killed by 5.56 ammo. Then Thor comes back as she is returning from her first conquest and he can face the choice of helping her run old timey Asgard conquering shit or killing her and it's a more meaningful choice.

I really did like the resolution of the movie, though. Too often these types of movies build a villain up as undefeatable and then still beat them with conventional measures. Dropping the metaphorical nuke on Asgard was a perfect way to end it.

(YOU) would think that

I've now have seen both Thor Ragnarok and Justice League...

Thor was a million times better and I'm not even joking.

>we see Hela conquering a realm with her army.

I like this idea a lot.

This user gets it.
I don't understand how people that claim to have good taste in movies even sit through 2 hours of this generic tasteless shit. Once you've seen one Marvel capeshit, you literally have seen them all. Mediocre films at best, made by and for the average Joe movie goers.

You didn't saw shit

generic as fuck edgy evil villain

did anyone feel like the sets were cheaper this time around?

Like with this movie you can clearly tell when the backgroud was a greenscreen.

I wish they fleshed out the villian more. what was the point of the executioner character?

Also Chris looked enormous, those arms are the size of my head wtf

Kneel, DCfags. Before your queen.

It does give the audience the comic book feeling

MCU villains are mediocre but this bitch was simply cringeworthy. Ego and Vulture are so much better that is not even funny.

awesome soundtrack by lead from Devo, all you need to know

>like RagnarKINO
Baywatch

Controlling the pacing. If they'd stuck with the stuff on Sakaar throughout it would have appeared too frenetic. This way we got little interludes which gave rise to Thor's need to get back and it allowed them to go full bore with the gladiator/escape without it burning the audience out.

Another day, another Doug.

>Thor's love life dies
>Thor's father dies
>Thor's hammer dies
>Thor's friends die
>Thor's right eye dies
>Thor's homeworld dies

I have to give Marvel props for hiding the fact that Thor loses an eye. All trailers hide that fact--even the leaked Avengers trailer.

Shut up homo

I understand that the pacing required something, but the Asgard stuff we were shown was either unoriginal drivel with Heimdall, annoying character development for the executioner who was stupid, or straight up shameless exposition (in the 3rd movie of a trilogy, no less) from Hela.

I thought they were talking a dark and dramatic storyline and making it childlike. That's good to hear that things go to shit in it. Didn't think they had the balls to do that anymore.

Oh don't be confused, because the entire movie is still light-hearted. These horrible things happen, but Thor gives almost zero fucks about them.

May the Porg be with You, fellow consumer!

I don't know why I let myself think anything different.

Porg?

Uh huh

What a cringe fucking post

Generic movie with really bad special effects.

What pokemon is this?

Fucking hell. Looks like a Final Fantasy villain

>I don't know why I let myself think anything different.
Life goes on, Thor isn't going to let death stop the living from moving onwards. He is a hero, calls himself as such, and never forgets the responsibility that entails.

Is any of that self-realization worked in the script or just a meta excuse to brush off the character being a robot without feelings that isn't affected by anything and is always ready to joke?

>Is any of that self-realization worked in the script

Nope

Also just got back from seeing this.
Was as good as if not better than winter soldier.
Loved it

That looks fucking terible wtf?

awful movie

>better than winter soldier.
You're the cancer that's killing MCU and making DCEU even worse than it was before, turning every marvel movie into Whedon style.

>worried that Skurge wouldn't get his moment
>but they handled it well
>credits even reference this pages artwork

Your movie sucked

Lol stop that meme talk
Dc has like 3 fucking villains on repeat forever, and all is a bland caricature. Evil clown, evil millionaire, evil brother from home planet

Nice Snoo, but check this out

Lol Who lol the fuck is lol talking about DC lol? lol lol lol lol lol

at least he got that sweet black outfit and black eye patch in the final scene.

It was quipkino.

Why Loki is not in jail for trying to take over the world 2 fucking times?

Which jail would he go to? Asgard jail? But Asgard is gone. Also, he helped save all those Asgardians. Plus, Odin let him pretend to be him.

just stick nyancat music behind it and it'll be complete

Ironic coming from a shill

>If I made the movie that whole storyline and the Heimdall replacement guy
His arc was literally the one and only decent thing in the entire movie.

I couldn't tell it was Karl Urban as the actor.

I know this is said about all marvel movie but this one is really ruined by having too many quips. It's comedy that's not funny for the most part. 4/10

Literally half of Asgard's population dies and their land is obliterated but no one actually gives it a second thought. That being said, since all Asgardian males are fucking dead Thor is gonna get fucking busy.

>Guardians of the Galaxy: Asgard Edition.

So, just quick question, in term of magic or mystic power, who will win between Loki and Strange?

Same, I didn't realize until after and was like "ho shit!"

he truly is a treasure

I agree, that was my main issue. There were so many opportunities for Thor to grow as a character this movie and all of them were just glossed over or forgotten with a quip. I usually think the amount of humor in Marvel movies is just right.

strange immediately btfo's loki in the first 20 minutes of the movie so its safe to assume strange will win

My 12 year old brother just went to see this for his birthday.
Marvel flicks aren't even worth watching nowadays. We've already seen every plot over the last decade

Too much humor undercut the events that had serious implications. GOTG 2 and Spider-man were both great because they balanced the joke with pathos. Thor is my favorite movie in the MCU and Hulk is my favorite character and I was disappointed with this. Could have been epic with a better Director!!!FACT!!!

Literally Ultimecia.